Florian vs Gomi

DSCHNEID

Being relatively new to MMA I don't know much about Gomi, I heard he is one of the greatest of all time so I looked at his record, in his last four fights he lost the first two and won the next two. I know records don't mean everything and I saw he beat some top names. According to wikipedia Gomi will fight Kenny Florian, I think this will be great. Florian lost to Penn but showed he is still a fierce contender in the 155 division, it will be a great match to see where Gomi stands, and for Florian to take on one of the best of all times.

Your Thoughts?

Being relatively new to MMA I don't know much about Gomi' date=' I heard he is one of the greatest of all time so I looked at his record, in his last four fights he lost the first two and won the next two. I know records don't mean everything and I saw he beat some top names. According to wikipedia Gomi will fight Kenny Florian, I think this will be great. Florian lost to Penn but showed he is still a fierce contender in the 155 division, it will be a great match to see where Gomi stands, and for Florian to take on one of the best of all times.

Your Thoughts?

well im going to give you some advice since your new, dont believe alot of stuff thats on wiki

I've said it before, and I'll say it again..

I think this is a BAD first UFC fight for Gomi.

There is potential money in a Penn/Gomi rematch, and in order for that to happen, Gomi needs a win.

If I was Joe Silva, I would think this is too risky of a fight. Have Gomi fight Stevenson or Guida, then send him straight to BJ.

Penn/Gomi is better than anything else the UFC can think of for BJ at the moment.

Gomi was a great lightweight but he is past his prime. I think Florian will come out with a win since he is still in his prime. I am looking forward to this fight though. Gomi does have heavier hands than Florian so he has a chance.

who the hell judges when someone is pas there prime? i hate that! didnt randy couture teach you that primes comes at different times in peoples life? and gomi is still in his early 30's..so i doubt his"prime" will be the problem

Archived