Why does everyone Hate Matt Hughes?

Kcab013

I don't see why everyone hates Hughes..He is the best UFC fighter to step in the octagon of all time..(maybe besides Anderson Silva) But Hughes Fought and Beat The best..and is a 9 time champion..Where is his credit? im guessing most people didnt watch ufc when hughes was in his prime and was unstoppable.I know the guys ****y..but that's cuz he has a lot of confidence and if you dont step up in the octagon with any confidence then you ****ing screwed.

he's a dou*che' date=' nuff said.[/quote']

LMAO. That was hilarious.

People hate Matt Hughes because he knows how good he is...

Just like most guys hate stuck up hot chicks because they know how hot they are and won't give the average guy the time of day.

Matt Hughes = stuck up hot chick

I don't see why everyone hates Hughes..He is the best UFC fighter to step in the octagon of all time..(maybe besides Anderson Silva) But Hughes Fought and Beat The best..and is a 9 time champion..Where is his credit? im guessing most people didnt watch ufc when hughes was in his prime and was unstoppable.I know the guys ****y..but that's cuz he has a lot of confidence and if you dont step up in the octagon with any confidence then you ****ing screwed.

I like Hughes as a fighter. I don't hate on him. If that helps.

there is really no reason to like him... the main reason i dislike him is he forces his religion on others...

agreed, watching that TUF where he coached against matt serra and he made his time read the bible cause they kept losing...

...really made my blood boil

never really liked him, dont think i will either

x

Waaaah... poor matt hughes.... waaaah

umm i for one am actually a big hughes fan i love watching his old fights ESPECIALLY the trigg fights hughes vs trigg 2 might be my favorite fight of all time not sayin hes my favorite fighter but i definetly consider myself a fan and he was probably the best pound for pound in the world at one point its not his fault hes past his prime

umm i for one am actually a big hughes fan i love watching his old fights ESPECIALLY the trigg fights hughes vs trigg 2 might be my favorite fight of all time not sayin hes my favorite fighter but i definetly consider myself a fan and he was probably the best pound for pound in the world at one point its not his fault hes past his prime

I really enjoyed those fights... I don't know if it's because I respect Hughes as a fighter (trust me I do) or if I just enjoyed seeing Trigg get owned because all he can do is talk crap.

Matt Serra, please beat the crap out of Trigg and send him to Strikeforce.

Everyone hates Hughes because he is so boring and one dimensional. All he does is try and take the other guy down and then lay on them for the rest of the round. It's not really ground and pound its just boring wreslting with a couple pillow fists thrown in so the ref won't stand them up. He has virtually zero power in his fists if it does get stood back up so he relies solely on his wrestling for the judges to tell him he won the fight. Don't get me wrong, he is a former champion and deserves some respect for past accomplishments however the game of MMA has changed a lot since he was champ and everyone is far too well rounded for a one dimensional fighter like Hughes.

He's friends with Brock.

Forums hate power wrestlers.

Ignorant post. What is your base on that statement?

If you read that whole thread you'll see most people complaining of his attitude and not his wrestling. Most of us actually respect him as a fighter and just hate his attitude.

Damn.. when I saw you had posted in this thread' date=' I almost thought that maybe you had actually made a decent post. But you had to go and **** it up.[/quote']It's a legitimate point.

Brock and Matt are both power wrestlers, both friends, both hunters, both have been UFC champions, both farmboys, and both ****y.

People seem to hate both of them. I see a connection here.

It's a legitimate point.

Brock and Matt are both power wrestlers' date=' both friends, both hunters, both have been UFC champions, both farmboys, and both ****y.

People seem to hate both of them. I see a connection here.[/quote']

People hate them because of the ****iness. Personally, I dont dislike Brock. Hughes, however, I do dislike. And I am a fan of him as a fighter, but after reading his book, I see that hes a complete *******. I doubt that many people dislike them because they were champions or because they are power wrestlers.

He has an extremely impressive record but for me it comes down to his attitude. I haven't watched the season of TUF when he was a coach but I don't believe in forcing your religion on others. I honestly didn't know he wrote a book and if it goes into MMA and not just his life story I may actually look for it.

He has an extremely impressive record but for me it comes down to his attitude. I haven't watched the season of TUF when he was a coach but I don't believe in forcing your religion on others. I honestly didn't know he wrote a book and if it goes into MMA and not just his life story I may actually look for it.

He was a good coach on TUF. Dont read the book though as its really a waste of the time to do so, and damn sure dont buy it. Its mostly a life story book anyway.

People hate them because of the ****iness. Personally' date=' I dont dislike Brock. Hughes, however, I do dislike. And I am a fan of him as a fighter, but after reading his book, I see that hes a complete *******. I doubt that many people dislike them because they were champions or because they are power wrestlers.[/quote']Many great fighters in history have been ****y as hell. Ali, RJJ, Mayweather ect.

True ****iness, a fighter that has absolute belief himself, is one of the psyche's that makes a dominant champion.

He was a good coach on TUF. Dont read the book though as its really a waste of the time to do so' date=' and damn sure dont buy it. Its mostly a life story book anyway.[/quote']

Thanks for the info. I would think with his knowledge and experience he would have a lot to pass on.

Many great fighters in history have been ****y as hell. Ali' date=' RJJ, Mayweather ect.

True ****iness, a fighter that has absolute belief himself, is one of the psyche's that makes a dominant champion.[/quote']

Its true that a lot of the greats are very ****y, but its not a requirement that they have to be ****y.

Isn't that the point of choosing fighters to be coaches so that they can teach those wanting to enter UFC? I only caught a little of last season's Ultimate Fighter so I'm not that familiar with the show.

Yeah, generally. There have been some bad coaches though... I didnt watch last season, but I heard that Rampage was pretty bad. Ken Shamrock was HORRIBLE. Not that Dana knew they would be bad going in. To be honest, when I hear Tito and Shamrock were coaching, I thought Tito would be the ****ty coach. Turns out, that was one of the 2 times I was wrong. :P

matt h and tito are both guys who the sport has passed buy and i really have no intrest in watching them they do nothing exciting and most of there recent fights have been booring

look at matts last fight with cera come on all he did in 3 rounds was take cera down no dmg what so ever very boring cera tried to trade punches with him but all we saw was take down and lay on

Its true that a lot of the greats are very ****y' date=' but its not a requirement that they have to be ****y.[/quote']

Thats True but if you were a champion you have to be confident..or your gunna end up losing it..your not gunna sit there and say "oh man he is gunna kick my **** he is too good' But you gotta let everyone know your the best and your gunna hold that title as long as you can...btw i thought his book was great and i never read books...Hughes is a Realist..He tells how it is.

matt h and tito are both guys who the sport has passed buy and i really have no intrest in watching them they do nothing exciting and most of there recent fights have been booring

look at matts last fight with cera come on all he did in 3 rounds was take cera down no dmg what so ever very boring cera tried to trade punches with him but all we saw was take down and lay on

he dominated *serra...look at serra after the fight his faced was messed up..but i guarentee if that was a 5 round fight hughes would of finished him...Serra Did less things then hughes he reversed him in 30 secs of the 3rd round thats pretty much it.

Thats True but if you were a champion you have to be confident..or your gunna end up losing it..your not gunna sit there and say "oh man he is gunna kick my **** he is too good' But you gotta let everyone know your the best and your gunna hold that title as long as you can...btw i thought his book was great and i never read books...Hughes is a Realist..He tells how it is.

There's a difference between confidence and ****iness.

People jump on the bandwagon if your on a winning streak people like you. if you drop a couple your done and washed up. Look at what people said about Chuck Liddell. I bet when he comes back and beats Ortiz and if he strings a couple wins together people would think the world of him again.

Oh the stories I could tell in this thread' date=' but I will not. I do not like Matt Hughes, and I have very good reason for it. But, I can't post them here. Lets just say he is not a good person.[/quote']

Having met Matt Hughes, and trained (recreation, I'm no fighter =P) at the H.I.T squad for 6 months (3 months on two occasions) I gotta wonder, where the statement "Lets just say he is not a good person" comes from. No one is perfect, but having met the man, I really can't find a reason to "hate" him, or say he is "not a good person". People taking their cue of him from the TUF show, I'll agree the bible thing was annoying, but TV editing can often make things look far different from the truth.

not really its the same thing just different words.

There is a difference. Confidence is often backed by SUCCESS. Best ever? Probably not? Best WW ever? As of now, yes. GSP is well on his way to taking that title, but Hughes is a 9 time champ, and tied as the most winning-est fighter in UFC history. He possesses the most UFC title defenses at 7, is tied for the most consecutive title defenses at 5, and has beaten every other WW champ to date, save Pat Miletich, his former coach. He also holds more wins at WW than any other UFC fighter.

Besides which, as in my other post ^, I can't find any basis for the statements to the degree of "hes not a good person".

Archived