thoughts on anderson silva

taylor5172

I just registered

i have read a few of the threads about silva and i have to say a few things

first yes im a huge anderson silva fan...first times i saw him fight i knew he was special..the guy is a true martial artist in the way he fights..he is just a brilliant martial artist, which is something i think a lot of the fighters lack..it is mixed martial arts after all..

now people keep talking about how silva is not good on the ground lol...this is hilarious..the guy is a BJJ blackbelt...just because we never see him on the ground because no one can get him there does not make him bad at it...he is super flexible and lanky and that helps on the ground...

next...his conditioning is fine...just because we dont see him go long distances all the time because he beats people too quick doesnt mean he is not in good shape lol..the guy is a machine..

now i will say this..the only thing i dont absolutely know about anderson is his chin...how many times has he really been hit hard...not many as he is super quick...i think the only way he is going to be beaten in a fight where he is fighting well, not bored, etc....is if someone lands a huge punch and just knocks him out randomly...

i absolutely hate his style of fighting and i know he lost, but a dan henderson type fighter that would just wait on that one punch and knock him out is the only way i see silva losing right now...his game is too complete..

thoughts

I just registered

i have read a few of the threads about silva and i have to say a few things

first yes im a huge anderson silva fan...first times i saw him fight i knew he was special..the guy is a true martial artist in the way he fights..he is just a brilliant martial artist' date=' which is something i think a lot of the fighters lack..it is mixed martial arts after all..

now people keep talking about how silva is not good on the ground lol...this is hilarious..the guy is a BJJ blackbelt...just because we never see him on the ground because no one can get him there does not make him bad at it...he is super flexible and lanky and that helps on the ground...

next...his conditioning is fine...just because we dont see him go long distances all the time because he beats people too quick doesnt mean he is not in good shape lol..the guy is a machine..

now i will say this..the only thing i dont absolutely know about anderson is his chin...how many times has he really been hit hard...not many as he is super quick...i think the only way he is going to be beaten in a fight where he is fighting well, not bored, etc....is if someone lands a huge punch and just knocks him out randomly...

i absolutely hate his style of fighting and i know he lost, but a dan henderson type fighter that would just wait on that one punch and knock him out is the only way i see silva losing right now...his game is too complete..

thoughts[/quote']

I agree with you. Very good post.

I don't care for Silva too much but you can't ignore how great he is...

I still want to his him face Machida.

He's a great fighter. I think UFC did the right thing by having him go against Vitor Belfort. I think Belfort is a legitimate test for him, now that he is back to his old form (Which he lost after the murder of his sister).

I actually think you'll see A. Silva get K.O.'ed in his bout with Vitor though. Time will tell if i'm right :D

I agree that Anderson is truly one of the greatest fighters ever. His mastering of muay thai is just beautiful to watch, his combinations especially the ones he used in the Franklin fights were like poetry, brutal poetry.

I seriously can't see him losing another fight in his career and people should really appreciate the best while they're still around.

I think that Vitor and Silva is an interesting fight because of Vitor's hand speed. If he can throw as fast as he used to Silva won't be able to just put his hands down and taunt him like he did to Forrest at 101.

Why did you you have to bring up 101?

LOL, man that fight was just pathetic.

Anderson Silva is the second best fighter in the world, just behind Fedor. The thing most people have trouble with is the fact Silva has developed a diva attitude towards challengers to his belt and hasn't defended for almost a year now. There is also the fact that Anderson Silva is a natural LHW (currently walking around at 225 lbs) but fights at MW where he doesn't belong. Other than those issues, no one can argue against his talent.

Anderson Silva is the second best fighter in the world' date=' just behind Fedor. The thing most people have trouble with is the fact Silva has developed a diva attitude towards challengers to his belt and hasn't defended for almost a year now. There is also the fact that Anderson Silva is a natural LHW (currently walking around at 225 lbs) but fights at MW where he doesn't belong. Other than those issues, no one can argue against his talent.[/quote']

Personally, I think Anderson beats Fedor.

fedor is realy fast, and has one hit kill you power. he also has great tosses and trips, he is one of the styles that would be needed against silva, a fast, hard hitting, strong chin, toss you around, break your limbs type of fighter, and preaty big considering. hes exactly the type silva wants nothing to do with. they fight, fedor absorbes some glancing blows, throws silva to the ground and wraps him and breaks something. either some gnp for a quick tko or he takes his arm home with him.

vitor better be fast and good cause hes perfect for silva, exactly what he asked for, a striker with no thought of taking him down.

Silva's ground game isn't as bad as some people say' date=' but it's still not great. It's just a good ground game. And having a BJJ black belt these days really isn't what it used to be. I mean, Rashad Evans has a black belt now...[/quote']

There's a big difference in Rashad's black belt and Anderson's black belt.

Anderson got his from the Nogueira's.

Where did Rashad get his?

(nothing against Rashad, but let's be real for a minute)

Nahh' date=' Anderson has cruddy takedown defense for his prestigious level of fight... Fedor could take him down and have an armbar in seconds.[/quote']

I don't think Fedor would get him down as quickly as you may think.

Fedor had his hands full with Arlovski, and an Arlovski/Silva match would be AWESOME to see.

I don't see Anderson being nearly as foolish as Andrei was against Fedor.

LOL I know I was just trying to prove a point. Forrest doesn't exactly have the fastest hands so Silva just toyed with him but if he tries that with Vitor it could be night night.

haha but as if he would ever do that to belfort, especially since it's for the belt which the griffin fight was not.

I think Silva is an excellent fighter but the fact is the MW division is not exactly stacked in fact most would say it's the weakest of the UFC. Silva has not fought anyone dominant in the LHW division and i'm telling you this guy is going to have a hard time with a wrestler which Hendo proved even though he still lost to Silva. Silva needs to step up to LHW and face some real competition. James Irvin and Griffen are not big tests in the LHW division.

As far as Fedor I don't see that going well for Anderson. Fedor's size and wrestling/submissions will creat alot of problems for Silva not to mention his ability to survive punishment and not "Forrest Griffen out" when hit a few times.

I like Silva the man has beautiful Technique just would like to see somone beat him for the sake up pulling for the underdog. Silva seems to make everyone look like amatures.

Dan Henderson had the best chance to beat Silva but Dana for whatever his reasons were didn't seem to thrilled about making the rematch happen but oh well Dans gona beat Jake and retire from SF.

I think Silva is an excellent fighter but the fact is the MW division is not exactly stacked in fact most would say it's the weakest of the UFC. Silva has not fought anyone dominant in the LHW division and i'm telling you this guy is going to have a hard time with a wrestler which Hendo proved even though he still lost to Silva. Silva needs to step up to LHW and face some real competition. James Irvin and Griffen are not big tests in the LHW division.

As far as Fedor I don't see that going well for Anderson. Fedor's size and wrestling/submissions will creat alot of problems for Silva not to mention his ability to survive punishment and not "Forrest Griffen out" when hit a few times.

That was one of the dumbest things I've read in this forum.

MW: Maia, Marquardt, Sonnen, Okami, Franklin (apparently he hasn't made the move to 205), Cote... The list goes on and on. Just because Silva dominated the top guys, it doesn't mean they suck. It just means that he's a lot better than they are.

That was one of the dumbest things I've read in this forum.

MW: Maia' date=' Marquardt, Sonnen, Okami, Franklin (apparently he hasn't made the move to 205), Cote... The list goes on and on. Just because Silva dominated the top guys, it doesn't mean they suck. It just means that he's a lot better than they are.[/quote']

Many people would argue that that list is very thin in the talent arena and i'd agree with them, Marquardt excluded. Sure Cote can take some punishment but....... this isn't punching bag fighting championship. I will take your signature into consideration when making my final decision on how your comment of "one of the dumbest things i've read in this forum" makes me feel;).

on the whole anderson not defending his belt in a while...who would you put against him in that division...everyone keeps saying marquardt thats one guy..and if it turned out like all the others then what lol...

and on the moving up a class thing..they are slowly giving him harder challengers, i want to see him destroy rashad lol..i dont like that dude

Many people would argue that that list is very thin in the talent arena and i'd agree with them' date=' Marquardt excluded. Sure Cote can take some punishment but....... this isn't punching bag fighting championship. I will take your signature into consideration when making my final decision on how your comment of "one of the dumbest things i've read in this forum" makes me feel;).[/quote']

Then who would you rank at the top of the MW division?

I havent read any posts on here, so keep that in mind if you read this.

Anderson Silva is for sure not my favorite fighter. I always think to myself that a good enough wrestler could dominate him. That was before I really started thinking. Who cares about all that? The man has made some of the best fighters in the world look like amateurs." I have come to accept that this man is simply put, a NINJA. Im ok with that. Great fighter, wont ever like him, but I will appreciate him from now on.

Anderson Silva currently ha. That says nothing about the rest of the division though.

Thats because the MW division world wide sucks. I cant think of too many people that can beat Anderson Silva... I mean noone in the MW division can beat Anderson Silva. At LHW he can be beaten, or at least challenged by more than a handful of people.

I havent read any posts on here' date=' so keep that in mind if you read this.

Anderson Silva is for sure not my favorite fighter. I always think to myself that a good enough wrestler could dominate him. That was before I really started thinking. Who cares about all that? The man has made some of the best fighters in the world look like amateurs." I have come to accept that this man is simply put, a NINJA. Im ok with that. Great fighter, wont ever like him, but I will appreciate him from now on.[/quote']

Wish more people could understand just how great Anderson really is..

It?s a previlege to watch this guy fight. He is what you said a real Ninja, or Alien as some might call him (although i wouldn?t be suprised if that really was the case.)

Awsome fighter that will be remembered for many years..

When it comes to fighting Anderson Silva' date=' many of his recent opponents give him too much respect. [b']A Dan Henderson with decent stand up and BJJ could do the job[/b]. Hendo was winning the fight prior to his demise. Great wrestling along with a good game plan is enough to overthrow AS.

So you mean bulked up GSP? ;)

Archived