Frank Mir: Best Striking in HW

ChasenBJJ

i wont rate JDS striking until he faces an elite puncher in the HW division, i think mirs striking has improved greatly the ko victory over nog and the the one punch dropping of kongo has impressed me

but to me there isnt anyone @ HW that striking impresses me as compared to a penn or alves or daley, i think there are some very good strikers @ HW but no great strikers

I think Kongo was thinking takedown. His hands were at his waste because Mir faked the shot and threw the overhand. In a pure striking fight that would have never happened. Guaranteed. But Mir did play his (MMA) game right and caught Kongo off guard. Can't take that away from him. But let's not start calling him the best striker in the division.

if you get in the ring/cage no excuses' date=' take your loss like a man, BTW i never heard that nog was sick until he got ko'd[/quote']

Lay off the kool aid and go watch the fight. Does Nog look like he's healthy? He was slow and sluggish. THAT wasn't Nog. But luckily for all of us, maybe the UFC will actually make a rematch just to make that overhyped dbag that is Mir hit the dust again.

Lay off the kool aid and go watch the fight. Does Nog look like he's healthy? He was slow and sluggish. THAT wasn't Nog. But luckily for all of us' date=' maybe the UFC will actually make a rematch just to make that overhyped dbag that is Mir hit the dust again.[/quote']

like i said no excuses, you dont here diego sanchez makin excuses when he lost to koscheck, they found a hole in diegos leg the size of a coffee mug during his post fight medical.

nog got owned and it would happen again in a rematch

like i said no excuses' date=' you dont here diego sanchez makin excuses when he lost to koscheck, they found a hole in diegos leg the size of a coffee mug during his post fight medical.

nog got owned and it would happen again in a rematch[/quote']

No one owns Nog, would be a great fight.

like i said no excuses' date=' you dont here diego sanchez makin excuses when he lost to koscheck, they found a hole in diegos leg the size of a coffee mug during his post fight medical.

nog got owned and it would happen again in a rematch[/quote']

That's because Diego's clinically insane.

Still, one can only hope for a rematch... Surely one of this argument's sides would have to STFU.

I cant Imagine there NOT being a rematch between these two' date=' with the road there on.[/quote']

The way I see it, it goes like this.

Mir beats Carwin for interim title.

Big Nog beats Cain.

Big Nog vs Mir in the rematch for interim title, Big Nog wins.

Lesnar comes back, Big Nog beats him and becomes undisputed champion.

While this is happening, JDS keeps beating Cain and Carwin over and over, but won't fight Big Nog because he is his mentor.

A WILD CRO COP APPEARS OUT OF NOWHERE! He left head kicks Nog, but this time he does it twice in 1 second for good mesures. He then goes on to avenge all of his loses, including Fedor, before retiring and being remembered as the best ever.

The way I see it' date=' it goes like this.

Big Nog beats Cain.

While this is happening, JDS keeps beating Cain and Carwin over and over, but won't fight Big Nog because he is his mentor.

A WILD CRO COP APPEARS OUT OF NOWHERE! He left head kicks Nog, but this time he does it twice in 1 second for good mesures. He then goes on to avenge all of his loses, including Fedor, before retiring and being remembered as the best ever.[/quote']

i think you are dumber then SCO.... grats on that achivement

kongo mir mirko struve just off the top of my head

Kongo has good knees and body/leg kicks. I have yet to see him throw a headkick that actually does something.

Mir's striking is all about hands, and even then it's not stellar.

Struve, I'll be honest, I missed most of his fights so I won't comment.

Mirko, while I love this man to no end, was just not the same in his last fights.

But I agree on one thing with you, Gonzaga is a manbearpig. We need to get Al Gore in the cage with him :P.

Who are the best strikers in the HW Division right now? Mir is a force to be reckoned with now' date=' the only person I see ahead of him is JDS. I think his standup is vastly improving and he pooped all over Kongo, a good striker.[/quote']Mir has amazing standup call me crazy but im with u on this I personally think that Mir would kill JDS he's the only person 2 KO big nog if im not mistaken Brock didnt outstrike him in the second fight Who else is that good @ HW?Arlovski,Fedor,Cro Cop,(and as far as KO power goes)Carwin.Maybe he isnt the best but he has showed major improvement

The way I see it' date=' it goes like this.

Big Nog beats Cain.

A WILD CRO COP APPEARS OUT OF NOWHERE! He left head kicks Nog, but this time he does it twice in 1 second for good mesures. He then goes on to avenge all of his loses, including Fedor, before retiring and being remembered as the best ever.[/quote']

no disrespect but I think Mir has Big Nogs number its like the Fedor situation maybe he'll do better but i cant c him winning

Mir has amazing standup call me crazy but im with u on this I personally think that Mir would kill JDS he's the only person 2 KO big nog if im not mistaken Brock didnt outstrike him in the second fight Who else is that good @ HW?Arlovski' date='Fedor,Cro Cop,(and as far as KO power goes)Carwin.Maybe he isnt the best but he has showed major improvement[/quote']

I'm not saying Mir would beat JDS. Your all by yourself on that one

Archived