ufc 109

mmalover5

i dont get how so many people think this is a bad card! just because the main event isnt gonna be a slug fest, doesnt make it a bad card. personally, im hella pumped to see all the fights. you know a fight with nate the greats gonna be good, mike swicks got a hella exciting style, dan millers brown belt in bjj might be able to counter maia's insane subs, and i have high hopes for serra vs trigg. on paper, this looks like a great card and the undercard isnt half bad either

first post sorry if its crappy

I can't wait to see Couture fight again, he's only going to be around for so much longer and the UFC is never going to be able to replace a guy like him so I want to take any chance I get to see him fight. People who bad talk him or his fighting style make me sick.

The rest of the fights are pretty awesome too.

Mark Coleman from the undercard to the main event... who would have thought?

Genious Dana. There is a reason the vote is 94/6% for Couture.

I doubt people really want to pay good money to see this fight. I look forward to Serra beating Trigg and shipping him to Strikeforce.

Im mainly pumped for the swick fight. i teared up a little during the hardy fight.

Yeah, some of the smaller fights look good. I'll probably watch the next few UFC fights at the bars. I don't think I'll PPV a UFC fight until March.

So far, this year, I am not as impressed by the future UFC lineups as I am by other organizations.

Yeah' date=' some of the smaller fights look good. I'll probably watch the next few UFC fights at the bars. I don't think I'll PPV a UFC fight until March.

So far, this year, I am not as impressed by the future UFC lineups as I am by other organizations.[/quote']

Are you kidding? After 109, UFC is going have by far the best cards.

Even 109 is going to tear strikeforce miami apart.

i dont get how so many people think this is a bad card! just because the main event isnt gonna be a slug fest' date=' doesnt make it a bad card. personally, im hella pumped to see all the fights. you know a fight with nate the greats gonna be good, mike swicks got a hella exciting style, dan millers brown belt in bjj might be able to counter maia's insane subs, and i have high hopes for serra vs trigg. on paper, this looks like a great card and the undercard isnt half bad either

first post sorry if its crappy[/quote']

Nope. I am excited for it.. It's no UFC 111 or anything, but if you're a true fan of the UFC, you wouldn't complain. :)

I can't wait to see Couture fight again' date=' he's only going to be around for so much longer and the UFC is never going to be able to replace a guy like him so I want to take any chance I get to see him fight. People who bad talk him or his fighting style make me sick.

The rest of the fights are pretty awesome too.[/quote']

you like watching grandpas fight?

you guys cant always have anderson silva,brock lesnar or bj penn on the main events. the hardcore mma fans won't complain about this card. its got marquart (who is in line for a title shot), maia ( best jitz in the game), serra vs trigg (guarantee this fight would be big, loser will be cut from ufc), you got swick and thiago, and you have the one and only Mustafa Al Turk. come on it's a preety decent card.

you guys cant always have anderson silva' date='brock lesnar or bj penn on the main events. the hardcore mma fans won't complain about this card. its got marquart (who is in line for a title shot), maia ( best jitz in the game), serra vs trigg (guarantee this fight would be big, loser will be cut from ufc), you got swick and thiago, and you have the one and only Mustafa Al Turk. come on it's a preety decent card.[/quote']

True, I'm looking forward to Serra sending Trigg to Strikeforce and by the way, I love your Diego sig.

you guys cant always have anderson silva' date='brock lesnar or bj penn on the main events. the hardcore mma fans won't complain about this card. its got marquart (who is in line for a title shot), maia ( best jitz in the game), serra vs trigg (guarantee this fight would be big, loser will be cut from ufc), you got swick and thiago, and you have the one and only Mustafa Al Turk. come on it's a preety decent card.[/quote']

exactly i dont see how people can be complaining, especially if they call themselves true fans

dude there's no way some dude who just got his black belt will have a chance on the ground against maia... i was so pumped to see maia's last fight to see what he can do but then i blinked and it was over...

yea thats true sorry let me clarify. by counter i meant incase maia gets the td than he might be able to hold off the subs long enough to stand back up. kind of like what kongo WANTED to do against mir hahaha

yea thats true sorry let me clarify. by counter i meant incase maia gets the td than he might be able to hold off the subs long enough to stand back up. kind of like what kongo WANTED to do against mir hahaha

all good dude, and yeah that didn't go so well for kongo...

i really hope maia wins, i wanna see some crazy bjj skills.

I can't wait to see Couture fight again' date=' he's only going to be around for so much longer and the UFC is never going to be able to replace a guy like him so I want to take any chance I get to see him fight. People who bad talk him or his fighting style make me sick.

The rest of the fights are pretty awesome too.[/quote']

this^^

call it what you want, I'm excited for this card. I'm excited for any ppv. I don't care if it's not GSP, or BJ, or Silva.. i like to watch fights and there are plenty of good ones on this card. And people are doubting the Couture/Coleman fight, but i have a feeling it's going to be opposite of what everyone thinks it is.

Yeah' date=' some of the smaller fights look good. I'll probably watch the next few UFC fights at the bars. I don't think I'll PPV a UFC fight until March.

So far, this year, I am not as impressed by the future UFC lineups as I am by other organizations.[/quote']

IF the next few are bad, then you must lower you expectations, lets compare last years to the beggining of this year.

105: Ross Pearson vs. Aaron Riley My Rating: 5.5-6/10

James Wilks vs. Matt Brown

Michael Bisping vs. Denis Kang

Mike Swick vs.Dan Hardy

Randy Couture vs. Brandon Vera

106: Amir Sadollah vs.Phil Baroni My Rating: 6-6.5/10

Luiz Cane vs.Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

Paulo Thiago vs. Jacob Volkmann

Josh Koscheck vs. Anthony Johnson

Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin

107: Paul Buentello vs Stefan Struve My rating: 7.5-8/10

Kenny Florian vs. Clay Guida

Jon Fitch vs. Mike Pierce

Frank Mir vs. Cheick Kongo

B.J. Penn © vs.Diego Sanchez

108: Junior dos Santos vs. Gilbert Yvel My rating 6.5-7/10

Jim Miller vs. Duane Ludwig

Joe Lauzon vs. Sam Stout

Dustin Hazelett vs. Paul Daley

Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva

109: Randy Couture vs. Mark Coleman My Rating: 7.5-8/10

Nate Marquardt vs. Chael Sonnen

Mike Swick vs. Paulo Thiago

Demian Maia vs. Dan Miller

Matt Serra vs. Frank Trigg

110: Ant?nio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez My rating: 9-9.5/10

Wanderlei Silva vs. Michael Bisping

Joe Stevenson vs. George Sotiropoulos

Keith Jardine vs. Ryan Bader

Mirko Filipović vs. Ben Rothwell

111: Georges St-Pierre © vs. Dan Hardy My rating: 9.5-10/10

Frank Mir vs. Shane Carwin

Martin Kampmann vs. Ben Saunders

Jim Miller vs. Mark Bocek

Maybe:Thiago Alves vs. Jon Fitch

Matt Brown vs. Ricardo Almeida

112: Speculation: My rating: 9-9.5/10

Bj Penn© vs. Frankie Edgar

Anderson Silva© vs. Vitor Belfort

Matt Hughes vs. Renzo Gracie

Kendall Grove vs. Mark Munoz

From What we saw at the end of '09,'10 looks really good. I am pumped for the First half of '10. As for other organizations... I couldn't care less for Fedor(is the best) fighting some B or C level talent(compared to UFC) once or twice a year.

dude there's no way some dude who just got his black belt will have a chance on the ground against maia... i was so pumped to see maia's last fight to see what he can do but then i blinked and it was over...

Yeah, that was gay... Everyone made like Marquardt dominated again, but no--he just got a lucky starting punch. I want to see a rematch someday. >:o

Archived