Maia on Silva vs. Belfort: "Belfort is more complete physically and technically."

Emrig

I think he's right tbh, Belfort has alot more muscle than silva and is ripped.

Its like Sanchez and BJ penn, Sanchez is ripped with every muscle showing like GSP is, and belfort is the same, but Silva and Bj penn... if you saw them walking on the beach with there tops off, and you didnt know they were the amazing fighters they were, you certainly wouldnt think anything special of them.

Even i have a better body than Penn and Silva, they just dont look like athletes.

but he said more complete physically and technically... he didnt say he has the better body... maia isnt much of a muscle man himself... i think maia is talking out his butt... he knows anderson silva is gonna murda vitor but he just maybe saying some slick stuff just in case he gets back into contention then maybe anderson will wanna fight him.. i dunno

What proof do you have that he abused steroids?

Don't just throw out random accusations' date=' back it up with facts man.[/quote']

At Pride 32: The Real Deal on October 21, 2006, Belfort lost a unanimous decision to Pride Welterweight Champion Dan Henderson. After the fight, Belfort tested positive for an illegal substance, 4-hydroxytestosterone.[6] In his defense, Belfort argued that he purchased an over the counter supplement which contained 4-Hydroxytestosterone. Belfort also explained that he may have received 4-Hydroxytestosterone as the result of rehabilitative injections given to him by Brazilian endocrinologist Dr. Rodrigo M. Greco after his surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his knee in the summer of 2006. The Nevada State Athletic Commission eventually received a statement from Dr. Greco stating that he did give Belfort post surgical injections containing testosterone.[7] While conceding that Belfort may have not known about the testosterone, the NSAC explained that even if Belfort was given injections by a medical practictioner who did not inform him that they contained anabolic steroids, it would still be a violation of the banned substances policy. On December 21, 2006 he was suspended for nine months from the date of the hearing and fined $10,000.

At Pride 32: The Real Deal on October 21' date=' 2006, Belfort lost a unanimous decision to Pride Welterweight Champion Dan Henderson. After the fight, Belfort tested positive for an illegal substance, 4-hydroxytestosterone.[6'] In his defense, Belfort argued that he purchased an over the counter supplement which contained 4-Hydroxytestosterone. Belfort also explained that he may have received 4-Hydroxytestosterone as the result of rehabilitative injections given to him by Brazilian endocrinologist Dr. Rodrigo M. Greco after his surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his knee in the summer of 2006. The Nevada State Athletic Commission eventually received a statement from Dr. Greco stating that he did give Belfort post surgical injections containing testosterone.[7] While conceding that Belfort may have not known about the testosterone, the NSAC explained that even if Belfort was given injections by a medical practictioner who did not inform him that they contained anabolic steroids, it would still be a violation of the banned substances policy. On December 21, 2006 he was suspended for nine months from the date of the hearing and fined $10,000.

This is much better than just saying he abused steroids. And judging by the read there are a few different ways he could have failed, either way he did fail. Thanks for actually presenting info. Not many people on here do that.

I think they need to test Maia for illegal substances. Belfort may be a little more physical than Silva, but technically Belfort is an overwhelm you with a flurry of punches type of fighter. Silva hasn't had any problems with any of the fighters that have that type of style. Sling a buncha punches and hope you hit the button... If Silva can get Belforts timing down without getting hit on the button Belfort will be just another victim.

I think he's right tbh' date=' Belfort has alot more muscle than silva and is ripped.

Its like Sanchez and BJ penn, Sanchez is ripped with every muscle showing like GSP is, and belfort is the same, but Silva and Bj penn... if you saw them walking on the beach with there tops off, and you didnt know they were the amazing fighters they were, you certainly wouldnt think anything special of them.

Even i have a better body than Penn and Silva, they just dont look like athletes.[/quote']

Eh?

I don't think Maia said anything derogatory towards silva. He didn't say who he thought would win he just gave his opinion on which guy had which strengths.

And that's probably formulated from all the guys he trained with. He said nobody could give him a real answer. This is a match up of two greats. I'm extremely excited for this fight. Nobody is invincible and when you put two guys at such a high caliber against each other anything can happen.

Silva: Incredibly accurate, calm, and confident. He has said he can do things and see things in the ring that other people can't. I truly believe this after watching some of his dominance.

Belfort: nickname: Phenom he was truly this. Burst onto the scene at a very young age. Blitzed a young dominate Wanderlei silva. Had some injuries some personal issues that held him back. Now if it's like Maia says he is mentally together and if so that is a scary thought. The guy has insanely quick punches and can overwhelm you.

This fight is going to be crazy. I think Silva is the favorite but Belfort has more of a chance than many people are giving him.

u my friend are a ratard yea a ratard

you wanna join my wolf pack?

You guys may not know this, but I consider myself?a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one man wolf pack. But when my sister brought Doug home, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolf pack, it grew by one. So were two?so there was two of us in the pack. I?I was alone first in the pack, and then Doug joined in later.

And 6 months ago, when Doug introduced me to you guys. I thought?wait a second, could it be. And now I know for sure, I just added 2 more guys to my wolf pack. 4 of us wolves running around the desert together, in Las Vegas looking for strippers and cocaine

You guys really don't know the whole story about Vitor. He was fighting for no reason for several years, and as such, he looked mediocre, if not horrible. You want to see him when he has a fire lit, watch him versus Wanderlei Silva. In the early years of the UFC he was fighting guys that weighed over 350lbs., and knocking them out, COLD. His sister disappeared, and he was constantly worried about her whereabouts. This made him pretty much die as a fighter. Worse yet, later on he found out that she was murdered. He was very close to his sister, and he took it HARD.

I think Randy has brought him back to his fighting form, and that his uber hot wife (You think BJ's girlfriend is hot, haha, check out her pics), and children, have renewed his interest in himself, and fighting. I'll put it to you this way, Anderson Silva is a very ****y fighter, and he's stupid enough to leave his chin down, with his arms slumped, hoping to goad Vitor into a taunt. You do that, with someone with superior hand speed/foot speed, and KO power like Vitor has, and it will be lights out for anybody, and I mean anybody. Vitor could knock out Lesnar with a clean shot. He's knocked out guys that have taken full on shots from Tank Abbot in his prime. Oh, and he KO'ed Tank Abbott too. Anderson's ****y, which i'm willing to bet will lead to him getting KO'ed.

You guys really don't know the whole story about Vitor. He was fighting for no reason for several years' date=' and as such, he looked mediocre, if not horrible. You want to see him when he has a fire lit, watch him versus Wanderlei Silva. In the early years of the UFC he was fighting guys that weighed over 350lbs., and knocking them out, COLD. His sister disappeared, and he was constantly worried about her whereabouts. This made him pretty much die as a fighter. Worse yet, later on he found out that she was murdered. He was very close to his sister, and he took it HARD.

I think Randy has brought him back to his fighting form, and that his uber hot wife (You think BJ's girlfriend is hot, haha, check out her pics), and children, have renewed his interest in himself, and fighting. I'll put it to you this way, Anderson Silva is a very ****y fighter, and he's stupid enough to leave his chin down, with his arms slumped, hoping to goad Vitor into a taunt. You do that, with someone with superior hand speed/foot speed, and KO power like Vitor has, and it will be lights out for anybody, and I mean anybody. Vitor could knock out Lesnar with a clean shot. He's knocked out guys that have taken full on shots from Tank Abbot in his prime. Oh, and he KO'ed Tank Abbott too. Anderson's ****y, which i'm willing to bet will lead to him getting KO'ed.[/quote']

he also took steroids, you forgot that bit

Archived