I Don't Think New Fans Should be Allowed to Watch "Best of Pride"

ArcaneKnight

No offense, but you newer fans shouldn't be allowed to watch the "Best of Pride" series on Spike. If you weren't a fan of MMA during the time of Pride, then do me a favor and please don't tune in to those fights. You weren't there from the beginning, so you wouldn't even be able to understand what you are watching. You don't know the half of what all went on behind the scenes, that lead up to those fights. There was camp vs camp drama. Mark Coleman's Hammer House vs. Chute Box. Charles 'Krazy Horse' Bennett getting jumped by Chute Box. The beef between Rampage and Wanderlei. We had to wait in anticipation for Pride shows, we saw the hype leading up to these events. The real hype, and you new fans think you can come right in, skip all that and take a shortcut? Nah, that's not cuttin it.

If we put in the time, then you new fans shouldn't be allowed to come right into the sport and start watching something you have no business watching. It's not right. It's like a secret society, you think they let just anyone into it? Some are born into it, some are in it because they were around from the beginning, and others know their loyalty, so they are allowed in. Nobody let you all in, you didn't run it by us OG's first, to see if you could join the Pride society. Nobody gave you all clearance, so fall back.

Pride was before your alls time. It was something that you had to watch live to truly appreciate. You all are spoiled enough as it is, just stick to your UFC. You all aren't ready for Pride yet, and since you didn't watch it during it's 10 year run, then you never will be ready for it.

So out of respect for me, coming from a fan that's been watching MMA since day 1, please dont watch my fights or my events. Let Pride rest in peace, it's legacy has been cemented and buried, stop trying to dig it up out of its grave. Look forward to the future, not the past.

So if you weren't there for Pride during its hayday, don't disrespect me by trying to tune in to it now. It is too little, too late. Why I'm saying this, is because it's your alls fault Pride is dead now. Now all of a sudden you think you can show up out of nowhere and start watching it? Nah, not cool, that doesn't fly around here.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think its the opposite i think you should encourage new fans to watch pride so they can better educate themselves.

BTW i didnt read your titangraph

No he's right. Newer fans shouldn't be allowed to join our secret society. It's going to end badly. Kinda like the Stonecutters ended after Homer joined them.

No he's right. Newer fans shouldn't be allowed to join our secret society. It's going to end badly. Kinda like the Stonecutters ended after Homer joined them.

NO HOMERS!!!

i said no homerS, were allowed 1

Plus, Zuffa is probably going to exclude the footage of some of the most exiting fights to protect their fighters. They won't show the Silva vs Chonan fight, just so they can keep saying that Silva was dominating even if he was losing. They won't show any Fedor fight so people don't realise he's the best HW. They won't show any fights from fighter who aren't with them.

If this is a serious post... lol.

Im serious, they could've atleast asked me if it was ok to watch the best of Pride. But they didn't even have the decency to ask.. I might've let them if they would've just asked, but now it's not even a question. The answer is no, you are not allowed to watch the best of Pride now.

Im serious' date=' they could've atleast asked me if it was ok to watch the best of Pride. But they didn't even have the decency to ask.. I might've let them if they would've just asked, but now it's not even a question. The answer is no, you are not allowed to watch the best of Pride now.[/quote']

Silly troll, lol

Im serious' date=' they could've atleast asked me if it was ok to watch the best of Pride. But they didn't even have the decency to ask.. I might've let them if they would've just asked, but now it's not even a question. The answer is no, you are not allowed to watch the best of Pride now.[/quote']

LMAO that wouldnt be fair AK

they are differnt animals... ring vs cage.. roids vs no roids... apples and oranges

Pride fighters were well out of their primes by the time they got to the UFC. Wand is in his 30's, so is Big Nog, give them a break.

Pride years are like dog years compared to the UFC. Every year in Pride was the equivalent to fighting 7 years in the UFC. Randy Couture would've retired in his late 30's if he had fought in Pride.

Pride fighters were well out of their primes by the time they got to the UFC. Wand is in his 30's' date=' so is Big Nog, give them a break.

Pride years are like dog years compared to the UFC. Every year in Pride was the equivalent to fighting 7 years in the UFC. Randy Couture would've retired in his late 30's if he had fought in Pride.[/quote']

wandy came to the ufc while still in his 20s as for your makaveli theory you get an EPIC FAIL

Do you have proof that any of them used roids? No? Well then' date=' I guess you make no point. The only thing you can say is the ring, which really doesn't make fights more/less exiting.[/quote']

fighters have said they did... and to quote Bas and Hndo

Bas - Do you think you have ever fought a guy on steroids??

Henderson - of course i fight in PRIDE

fighters have said they did... and to quote Bas and Hndo

Bas - Do you think you have ever fought a guy on steroids??

Henderson - of course i fight in PRIDE

LOL! You gotta link that to me please! I need to see it. FYI, I know a lot of fighters in Pride were juicing, I was just trying to lead you into saying something.

No offense' date=' but you newer fans shouldn't be allowed to watch the "Best of Pride" series on Spike. If you weren't a fan of MMA during the time of Pride, then do me a favor and please don't tune in to those fights. You weren't there from the beginning, so you wouldn't even be able to understand what you are watching. You don't know the half of what all went on behind the scenes, that lead up to those fights. There was camp vs camp drama. Mark Coleman's Hammer House vs. Chute Box. Charles 'Krazy Horse' Bennett getting jumped by Chute Box. The beef between Rampage and Wanderlei. We had to wait in anticipation for Pride shows, we saw the hype leading up to these events. The real hype, and you new fans think you can come right in, skip all that and take a shortcut? Nah, that's not cuttin it.

If we put in the time, then you new fans shouldn't be allowed to come right into the sport and start watching something you have no business watching. It's not right. It's like a secret society, you think they let just anyone into it? Some are born into it, some are in it because they were around from the beginning, and others know their loyalty, so they are allowed in. Nobody let you all in, you didn't run it by us OG's first, to see if you could join the Pride society. Nobody gave you all clearance, so fall back.

Pride was before your alls time. It was something that you had to watch live to truly appreciate. You all are spoiled enough as it is, just stick to your UFC. You all aren't ready for Pride yet, and since you didn't watch it during it's 10 year run, then you never will be ready for it.

So out of respect for me, coming from a fan that's been watching MMA since day 1, please dont watch my fights or my events. Let Pride rest in peace, it's legacy has been cemented and buried, stop trying to dig it up out of its grave. Look forward to the future, not the past.

So if you weren't there for Pride during its hayday, don't disrespect me by trying to tune in to it now. It is too little, too late. Why I'm saying this, is because it's your alls fault Pride is dead now. Now all of a sudden you think you can show up out of nowhere and start watching it? Nah, not cool, that doesn't fly around here.[/quote']

I concur, stay off our Pride!

LOL! You gotta link that to me please! I need to see it. FYI' date=' I know a lot of fighters in Pride were juicing, I was just trying to lead you into saying something.[/quote']

i have nearly ever Pride PPV i do not remember which one it was on... but its there...

another great quote from Pride was in a Rampage Interview

Bas steal a peice of chicken out of rampages hand and takes a big bite

Bas - Rampage hows it hanging

Rampage - Real good i just shaved em up... you know you ain't never supposed to steal a black mans chicken, right

The other day you were disrespecting PRIDE and all its fighters by saying they should have an asterisk next to their names when they retire because they abused roids

dude you need to get back on that banana boat because you are a few bananas short of a bunch....

that is a metaphor for saying you are slow

dude you need to get back on that banana boat because you are a few bananas short of a bunch....

that is a metaphor for saying you are slow

i know what it means I'm not as big an idiot as i seem, and i really didnt want to read all of the posts, and also does it make you feel better about yourself to insult other people

The other day you were disrespecting PRIDE and all its fighters by saying they should have an asterisk next to their names when they retire because they abused roids

Its ok I got cought like that when I was realitively new to the fourm. AK contradicts himself on purpose lol.

i have nearly ever Pride PPV i do not remember which one it was on... but its there...

another great quote from Pride was in a Rampage Interview

Bas steal a peice of chicken out of rampages hand and takes a big bite

Bas - Rampage hows it hanging

Rampage - Real good i just shaved em up... you know you ain't never supposed to steal a black mans chicken' date=' right[/quote']

Yea I remember that one. Or when Bas interviewed Kevin and they faked a fight. "DO NOT TOUCH ME!" Priceless.

that was funny.... also they did one with Rampage working a souviner counter... he demand 20k yen from bas for a stuffed animal and puts the money in his pocket

Ha ha, yea that one was good too.

Quadros: But it's only like 5k yen

Bas: Just give him the money

Mirko always seemed in a good mood instead of his usual completely disconnected face when Bas was interviewing him.

"Bas where did you get that suit? My granpa had the same."

Ha ha' date=' yea that one was good too.

Quadros: But it's only like 5k yen

Bas: Just give him the money

Mirko always seemed in a good mood instead of his usual completely disconnected face when Bas was interviewing him.

"Bas where did you get that suit? My granpa had the same."[/quote']

there is aslo the one

Bas - So what do you show a girl you take home with you

Cro Cop - will i have a lot of guns

Cro Cops manager - and a small dіck!!!

there is aslo the one

Bas - So what do you show a girl you take home with you

Cro Cop - will i have a lot of guns

Cro Cops manager - and a small dіck!!!

Ha ha, I don't remember this one. Mirko's a damn funny guy from what I've seen of him. There's this documentary on him on Youtube, like 6 parts. Starts of with the guy doing the documentary getting stopped by a bunch of shady guys with shotguns. Then you learn that it was just Mirko playing a prank on them with some buddies. Some priceless moments in that documentary.

Archived