What if it had been Shaq instead of Brock?

Doctor_Obviously

Before everyone gets heated. . . Let's forget Brock flipping off UFC fans and disrespecting a UFC sponsor...

Just curious. Would there be all this hate/hostility/whatever you want to call it if Shaq had been in Brock's place? Let's just say Shaq trained the same amount in MMA as Brock (not counting Brock's wrestling background, we'll just say what we know about Shaq). Shaq trains, fights Min Soo Kim and gets his first win. He comes to the UFC and gets tapped by Mir. Remember, all hypothetical. Then he faces and beats down Herring, gets a title shot against Couture and with his tremendous size, he TKOs Randy winning the UFC belt. He faces Mir in a rematch and beats him down. [Reality Note: Shaq has been training in MMA for quite some time, probably a lot longer than Brock.]

You guys take it from there. How would everyone feel about Shaq if he were in Brock's shoes and got a 'quick' shot to the title, as a lot of you all complain about?

Most of Brock haters are from the disrespectful ex-wwe punk crowd who think boxing, wrestling etc is a joke..

His fans are fans of either his NCAA days or respect his athleticism because he was not a **** he just over retaliates.

Shaq would not have the crowd he does in MMA because he has done nothing combat sports related to build up a following.

I think a lot of people would still be annoyed about the speed of the title shot. However' date=' as Shaq would have come from an actual competetive sport, rather than the WWE then the animosity towards him would have been less.[/quote']

Come on now, Brock was a legitimate amateur wrestler. I'd think some would consider it as an even more competitive sport than basketball.

My opinion of Brock has nothing to do with his WWF background. If Shaq were to carry himself like Brock has than yes I would have a similar opinion of him too.

Thank you both for your opinion.

Come on now' date=' Brock was a legitimate amateur wrestler. I'd think some would consider it as an even more competitive sport than basketball.

Thank you both for your opinion.[/quote']

Yep, I like this happyhammer guy usually, but this post shows lack of respect for combat sports outside of MMA.

Most of Brock haters are from the disrespectful ex-wwe punk crowd who think boxing' date=' wrestling etc is a joke..

His fans are fans of either his NCAA days or respect his athleticism because he was not a **** he just over retaliates.

Shaq would not have the crowd he does in MMA because he has done nothing combat sports related to build up a following.[/quote']

But I think a lot of people would like him because of who he is. He's Shaq. He's the giant with that big grin on his face. I'd think he may have a Kimbo type following where a lot might see Shaq's fights as "I hope he doesn't get clipped or caught". Even Shaq has said he'd like to fight Hong Man Choi, but would take a pass on Brock.

Come on now' date=' Brock was a legitimate amateur wrestler. I'd think some would consider it as an even more competitive sport than basketball. [/quote']

Absolutely, but I could have stated my point better. Most people would have felt that by going into pro wrestling rather than pursuing a competetive career, he was wasting his obvious talents, whilst disregarding the fact that once he had made a good living from the WWE, he immediately looked to get back into competetive sports, firstly gridiron (sorry if this offends, but to me, there's only one sport called football:p), then an MMA career.

Most of Brock haters are from the disrespectful ex-wwe punk crowd who think boxing' date=' wrestling etc is a joke..

Shaq would not have the crowd he does in MMA because he has done nothing combat sports related to build up a following.[/quote']

I disagree I think most people "hate" him for the quick title shot and the way he acted after the Mir rematch. (and yes the fact he came from WWE some people ignored the fact he was a real great athlete before that or choose to ignore that)

FACT: When Brock started his career in PRO WRESTLING, MMA was not even a main stream sport yet. Brock jumped at a shot to make huge amounts of money as almost everyone of his haters would have done. There is not one person on this forum that bashes Brock that wouldnt jump at the chance to make a fortune with the WWE. Yes, wrestling is fake, there is a storyline behind every match, and the outcome of the match is always predetermined, but the money and fame that come from it is more than real. The WWE is a job, nothing more than a way for the people involved in it to make a living for themselfs and their family... Do you think Brock would have signed with the WWE if it wasnt for the money? ABSOLUTELY NOT. I never watch WWE and I'd be over excited to get a call from VINCE offering me a spot on the roster....Even though the fighting itself is fake, the cardio these guys must have is amazing...If people wanna hate Brock because of his pro wrestling career, then they are ignorent, if people wanna hate Brock for hist post UFC 100 antics, then they are simply looking past all the things Mir had said in interview prior to the fight......And Brock had everuy reason in the world to flip off the fans. Prior to his antics at UFC 100, he hadnt given the fans a reason to hate him, and when he won the fight, they booo him...So Brock did what he should have done and gave the ones booing him an actual legit reason to dislike him......I say screw all you Brock haters...He fights with everythin he has and makes it entertaining....And as time goes on and he learn more about MMA, he will become untouchable...I can see him losing his title sometime in the near future, but I also see an unstopable Brock taking the title back and dominating the HW division for a long time.. Hell, TIM SYLVIA dominated the division and lets face it, he is no Brock Lesnar.........

Wow you dont know much **** do you? Brock haters are people who respect MMA and know that respect is a big part of MMA, and Brock has no respect for the sport or his opponents so i dont have any respect for him. Now brock lovers on the other hand are wwe fans who dont understand the sportsmanship and respect of this sport. And call legends like couture, wandy, sakuraba etc cans because of their recent form.

Wow you dont know much **** do you? Brock haters are people who respect MMA and know that respect is a big part of MMA' date=' and Brock has no respect for the sport or his opponents so i dont have any respect for him. Now brock lovers on the other hand are wwe fans who dont understand the sportsmanship and respect of this sport. And call legends like couture, wandy, sakuraba etc cans because of their recent form.[/quote']

I would disagree with some of what you say. I don't think Brock has no respect for the sport, nor do I think he is disrespectful towards opponents either. The whole business with Mir was due to Mir's skewed view of how their first fight went, and the stuff he was saying before the second fight. Lesnr was very respectful towards Couture, and I'm willing to put his "exuberance" after the Herring fight down to the fact that he had just picked up his forst win in the UFC, in front of his home crowd, against a credible, if not top ranked opponent.

I think a lot of people would still be annoyed about the speed of the title shot. However' date=' as Shaq would have come from an actual competetive sport, rather than the WWE then the animosity towards him would have been less.[/quote']

I think Dana seen the athlete in Brock and his dominance early and gave him the title shot. He did get to the top of the food chain quick, but let us not forget he is there now and he beat the ones that were there. So, looking back on it, did Dana make the right decision? I believe he did.

My opinion of Brock has nothing to do with his WWF background. If Shaq were to carry himself like Brock has than yes I would have a similar opinion of him too.

What does Brock carrying himself the way he does have anything to do with his fighting ability?

I dont think Shaq would get as much heat as Brock, but the "all about respect" fans would still bash him for wat he said to Mir and his antics after Herring, and thats fine. I think Brock would get more heat simply because of his WWE background, and thats just boneheaded imo. It was just a job.

Read the OP friend. Has nothing to do with his skill. Brock is a beast but those blindly saying people hate Brock because of his WWE days are only making themselves look bad. Look at Bobby Lashley. Same background but he carries himself with some class and he's coming up the right way. People wanted to like Brock but he did everything possible not to let them.

I do not like his attitude, but I cannot deny his skills because I do not like someone and how they act. He may have less fans because of it, but I bet the farm he sales out the PPV's still.

1. Brock competed the WWE

2. Brock got up the ladder to fast

3. Brocks attitude is terrible

1. So, he made millions doing making people believe what he was doing was real. Now he can hunt all the time and fight for the UFC

2. Brock clearly belongs where he is at, at the top

3. yes he does, but he can still fight.

Don't know why so many threads when things are so obvious..

10 REASONS

1. He is a talented tough dude

2. He came from the WWE(id go to make millions as anyone would)

3. He could of went back to WWE or Japan for more money but decided to fight he didn't have no warm up fights in the ufc.

4. He uses his size to advantage their is only a heveyweight class thats where he fits, isn't his fault their is no super heaveyweight class.

5. Dude isn't the best or well rounded but makes up for with physical attributes.

6. His WWE themed theatrics might be who he really is i mean interviews even hes a prick.

7. Love him or hate him hes winning whoever they put infront of him. Dosn't matter how as long as he wins(look at royce no hands at all just BJJ, hair pulling and slaps lol)

8. Dude puts asses in seats

9. Got title shot early. But noone would pass it down and he won it.

10. And hes always game to fight.

I dont hate him and hes not my fav fighter. But hes is a force to be reckoned with until someone exposes his holes, or he improves.

So in long run he isnt great but hes good and can get better, alot better. He is winning, his personality just sucks. He brings alot of people to watch him fight. And he is respectable in the sense he could be making alot more.

The dudes a **** and he has out weighed every opponent up to this point by 50+ pounds. He is a bully, plain and simple. If he got as riled up as he was because of some trash talk with Mir, then I would hate to see what he will do when he loses after someone trashes his ability. Oh and btw, he is one dementional and he is just bigger then his opponents. PERIOD, the end.

I think this is the stupidest thread Ive ever read

It's people like this who just take up space and aren't smart enough to value a personal opinion' date=' whether it be their own or not. I'd expect this from a 12 year old, but guys, he's '19'. Saying a thread is stupid is ignorant. At least have the intelligence to say why.

Wow you dont know much **** do you? Brock haters are people who respect MMA and know that respect is a big part of MMA, and Brock has no respect for the sport or his opponents so i dont have any respect for him. Now brock lovers on the other hand are wwe fans who dont understand the sportsmanship and respect of this sport. And call legends like couture, wandy, sakuraba etc cans because of their recent form.

Telling a person they don't know **** is very hypocritical. I don't see any respect given there, though you dislike Brock -- who apparently disrespects all his opponents? He shows and continues to show respect for Randy. I'm sure Brock shook Min Soo Kim's hand. As for Heath and Mir, I believe they started the s*** talk with Brock, so why would Brock hang his head and be ok with that, would you? All this talk about Brock lovers/haters is kinda ridiculous. I'm not a Brock lover or hater. I respect what he has accomplished thus far and I'm interested wehere he's headed in the UFC.

Read the OP friend. Has nothing to do with his skill. Brock is a beast but those blindly saying people hate Brock because of his WWE days are only making themselves look bad. Look at Bobby Lashley. Same background but he carries himself with some class and he's coming up the right way. People wanted to like Brock but he did everything possible not to let them.

A lot of people didn't want to give Lesnar a chance. People were booing him before the bell rang in his 1st Mir match. For what? Because he was in a totally different kind of entertainment that some don't care for? His early title shot was a big test and he passed.

The dudes a **** and he has out weighed every opponent up to this point by 50+ pounds. He is a bully' date=' plain and simple. If he got as riled up as he was because of some trash talk with Mir, then I would hate to see what he will do when he loses after someone trashes his ability. Oh and btw, he is one dementional and he is just bigger then his opponents. PERIOD, the end.[/quote']

One dimensional. Hahaha. He wins decisively when he does, right? I don't mind once again pointing out that Brock hit Mir 64 times in the face at UFC 100, Frank got in 3 hits to the face. And Mir was the same weight he was in their first fight. Too bad he waited to fight Kongo to put on the extra pounds.

Ok, sorry, when I have something I want to say, I say it. If you don't respect it, don't bother. If you have a valid point, by all means, let's discuss. I am in no shape way or form a Brock Lover/Hater or a Mir Lover/Hater, so all you trolls may want to slow down and read.

PERIOD, the end.

The dudes a **** and he has out weighed every opponent up to this point by 50+ pounds. He is a bully' date=' plain and simple. If he got as riled up as he was because of some trash talk with Mir, then I would hate to see what he will do when he loses after someone trashes his ability. Oh and btw, he is one dementional and he is just bigger then his opponents. PERIOD, the end.[/quote']

He is after all the Heavy weight champion of the most elite fighting organization

The dudes a **** and he has out weighed every opponent up to this point by 50+ pounds. He is a bully' date=' plain and simple. If he got as riled up as he was because of some trash talk with Mir, then I would hate to see what he will do when he loses after someone trashes his ability. Oh and btw, he is one dementional and he is just bigger then his opponents. PERIOD, the end.

I'm scared that he might go Godzilla on all of us. :eek:

Just kidding Brock fans, take it easy. :)

One dimensional. Hahaha. He wins decisively when he does' date=' right? I don't mind once again pointing out that Brock hit Mir 64 times in the face at UFC 100, Frank got in 3 hits to the face. And Mir was the same weight he was in their first fight. Too bad he waited to fight Kongo to put on the extra pounds.

Ok, sorry, when I have something I want to say, I say it. If you don't respect it, don't bother. If you have a valid point, by all means, let's discuss. I am in no shape way or form a Brock Lover/Hater or a Mir Lover/Hater, so all you trolls may want to slow down and read.

PERIOD, the end.[/quote']

One dimentional is right. 60 of those 64 punches were rabbit hammerfists.

I'm not going to dispute that Lesnar got rocked after recieving on of those 4 shots to the face, laid on Mir for 45 seconds then gained a good position. :rolleyes: Suck harder on those ballz kid.

And 255 without a cut =/= 300 lbs walking weight amatuer.

One dimentional is right. 60 of those 64 punches were rabbit hammerfists.

I'm not going to dispute that Lesnar got rocked after recieving on of those 4 shots to the face' date=' laid on Mir for 45 seconds then gained a good position. :rolleyes: Suck harder on those ballz kid.

And 255 without a cut =/= 300 lbs walking weight amatuer.[/quote']

You need to WATCH the fight instead of hearing what Brock supposedly did. If he laid there the whole time, how did Frank end up like that? It wasn't 60 'rabbit hammerfists' that did that to Mir's face...Joe Rogan: "Ok, Frank's gotta get outta this, these punches are starting to hurt."

Too bad Mir couldn't do that huh? Of course, then he'd be the ******* that just laid there right? Thanks for the opinion Sgt. Slaughter.

Archived