UFC 110: Final Judgement to UFC vs PRIDE battle over dominance in MMA

raffy_handsome

The debate whether UFC or PRIDE has the Best Fighters in MMA can be finished in UFC 110. We all know that UFC is better than PRIDE but until now their fans refused to concede. Analyze this, if PRIDE weren't disbanded, aside from Fedor their main stars would still be Big Nog, Cro Cop, Wanderlei, Hendo, Shogun, and they would keep on sayin then that those guys were better than their counterpart at UFC. But came 2007 almost all question has been answer, none of their fighters do well in UFC. Cro Cop, Big Nog, Wanderlei is happy just not to get KTFO. Their dominant fighter Hendo dIdn't win any title and got dominated by both UFC champ. Their explosive fighter Yvel just got KTFO. The only reason I can see why this debates continue is Big Nog has victory over Sylvia & Couture, but he also get KTFO by Mir. So after UFC110, when Cain dominates Big Nog

coupled with Bisping KTFO Wanderlei and another KTFO loss to Cro Cop via Rothwell then the debate is over. If only Fedor came also to UFC, he would have been the exclamation point for the UFC victory.

The debate whether UFC or PRIDE has the Best Fighters in MMA can be finished in UFC 110. We all know that UFC is better than PRIDE but until now their fans refused to concede. Analyze this' date=' if PRIDE weren't disbanded, aside from Fedor their main stars would still be Big Nog, Cro Cop, Wanderlei, Hendo, Shogun, and they would keep on sayin then that those guys were better than their counterpart at UFC. But came 2007 almost all question has been answer, none of their fighters do well in UFC. Cro Cop, Big Nog, Wanderlei is happy just not to get KTFO. Their dominant fighter Hendo dIdn't win any title and got dominated by both UFC champ. Their explosive fighter Yvel just got KTFO. The only reason I can see why this debates continue is Big Nog has victory over Sylvia & Couture, but he also get KTFO by Mir. So after UFC110, when Cain dominates Big Nog

coupled with Bisping KTFO Wanderlei and another KTFO loss to Cro Cop via Rothwell then the debate is over. If only Fedor came also to UFC, he would have been the exclamation point for the UFC victory.[/quote']

fail

The debate whether UFC or PRIDE has the Best Fighters in MMA can be finished in UFC 110. We all know that UFC is better than PRIDE but until now their fans refused to concede. Analyze this' date=' if PRIDE weren't disbanded, aside from Fedor their main stars would still be Big Nog, Cro Cop, Wanderlei, Hendo, Shogun, and they would keep on sayin then that those guys were better than their counterpart at UFC. But came 2007 almost all question has been answer, none of their fighters do well in UFC. Cro Cop, Big Nog, Wanderlei is happy just not to get KTFO. Their dominant fighter Hendo dIdn't win any title and got dominated by both UFC champ. Their explosive fighter Yvel just got KTFO. The only reason I can see why this debates continue is Big Nog has victory over Sylvia & Couture, but he also get KTFO by Mir. So after UFC110, when Cain dominates Big Nog

coupled with Bisping KTFO Wanderlei and another KTFO loss to Cro Cop via Rothwell then the debate is over. If only Fedor came also to UFC, he would have been the exclamation point for the UFC victory.[/quote']

Are you an idiot or something?? Rampage was Pride fighter and was wery succesfull in UFC, Anderson Silva was 3-2 in pride and 10-0 in ufc that tells alot about ufc to me, Chuck Liddell in his prime went to Pride and lost to Rampage who never was a pride champion and wasnt even close at his prime

Cro Cop = long past his prime.

Big Nog = Old, but still kicking ****. So what he lost to Mir? It was one of only 5 losses. 2 of those being to Fedor. He got caught.

Wanderlei has been doing bad, but like Cro Cop, and even more so then cro cop, he is past his prime. Also, if you watch a lot of his fights, the difference in the rules (knees/stomps to the head of a downed opponent) played a big factor in the outcome of many of his fights.

Yvel was never great. He has a ****ty record.

Hendo got beat by Silva. You are forgetting that Silva also came from Pride.

Silva hasnt lost a fight in the UFC since coming over from Pride.

I disagree with all of your picks for 110. CroCop, Nog & Wanderlei will win.

Big Nog = Old' date=' but still kicking ****. So what he lost to Mir? It was one of only 5 losses. 2 of those being to Fedor. He got caught.

Wanderlei has been doing bad, but like Cro Cop, and even more so then cro cop, he is past his prime. Also, if you watch a lot of his fights, the difference in the rules (knees/stomps to the head of a downed opponent) played a big factor in the outcome of many of his fights.

I disagree with all of your picks for 110. CroCop, Nog & Wanderlei will win.[/quote']

+1

Big Nog = Old' date=' but still kicking ****. So what he lost to Mir? It was one of only 5 losses. 2 of those being to Fedor. He got caught.

I disagree with all of your picks for 110. CroCop, Nog & Wanderlei will win.[/quote']

Cro Cop & Big were just around 34-35 years old now, then your already telling me that they are already old & past their prime. Now let me tell you something about old fighter. 12 years ago a UFC fighter name Randy Couture debut at UFC at the age of 34, now I think I don't need to tell you how successful he's career then the next decade, as an exclamation point is that 10 years after he debut at UFC and at 44 years old he won the HW belt. Anderson can never be really considered a PRIDE fighter since he does not stay there for so long. Wanderlei also a UFC fighter before he joins PRIDE but everybody consider him a PRDIE fighter coz he stay much longer in PRDIE rather than in UFC.

Yeah... I'm gonna go ahead and say this about sums it up. Especially that last sentence.

Are you an idiot or something?? Rampage was Pride fighter and was wery succesfull in UFC' date=' Anderson Silva was 3-2 in pride and 10-0 in ufc that tells alot about ufc to me, Chuck Liddell in his prime went to Pride and lost to Rampage who never was a pride champion and wasnt even close at his prime[/quote']

Chuck lost twice to Jackson in Pride just to add to this comment. Jackson always has had Lidells number.

The debate has been over . you don't know how much PRIDE would of grown if it was still around. More international fighters would be in PRIDE. So its hard to say if they would still be ridding on CRO COP,Wanderlei, name.. Silva just lost the belt after getting KTFO 2 times,,,So who know if he would face a Soko,or some K-1 striker like Manoaf and get KTFO out again...I wouldn't count BIG NOG out so quick.. He looks pretty sharp and has that fire in him to make another run.. I wouldn't be shock if he KNOCKS cain out in the 1st..

Don't forget Gomi still has a RUN

Are you an idiot or something?? Rampage was Pride fighter and was wery succesfull in UFC' date=' Anderson Silva was 3-2 in pride and 10-0 in ufc that tells alot about ufc to me, Chuck Liddell in his prime went to Pride and lost to Rampage who never was a pride champion and wasnt even close at his prime[/quote']

All your comment on Anderson Silva proves is that he has evolved as a fighter since his days in pride........Nice attemp to bash the UFC though........IDIOT

your thread is just a utter failure. clearly just some pride hating.

you forgot to mention shogun who will most likely be the next LHW champ.

henderson has done quite well against rampage. yes he lost, but that was a hell of a fight.

only crop cop and wanderlei are'nt doing good in the ufc. Cro cop needs a better gym to adapt his style in the octogon. he has clearly no strategy and it's not banging like it was in pride anymore.

Rampage lost to a guy from the UFC name Griffin. and he get KTFO by Wanderlei in PRIDE twice. And almost all fighter in UFC LHW is beating Wanderlei now that's why he decided to cut in MW.

I don't really consider Anderson a PRIDE fighter coz he spend much longer in UFC rather than in PRIDE.

All your comment on Anderson Silva proves is that he has evolved as a fighter since his days in pride........Nice attemp to bash the UFC though........IDIOT

it's not bashing the UFC. It's showing there's more than one side to the argument.

Cro Cop & Big were just around 34-35 years old now, then your already telling me that they are already old & past their prime. Now let me tell you something about old fighter. 12 years ago a UFC fighter name Randy Couture debut at UFC at the age of 34, now I think I don't need to tell you how successful he's career then the next decade, as an exclamation point is that 10 years after he debut at UFC and at 44 years old he won the HW belt. Anderson can never be really considered a PRIDE fighter since he does not stay there for so long. Wanderlei also a UFC fighter before he joins PRIDE but everybody consider him a PRDIE fighter coz he stay much longer in PRDIE rather than in UFC.

If you look at the milage of Wandy and Cro Cop they are way past their prime. In combat sports it isn't as much about age as the amount of fights you have had. Wandy is lucky to be able to stand after fighting Vale Tudo for so many years.

to be honest you can't really count Silva as a season pride fighter. he only face like 2 guys . alex steibling, otuka , and newton then he went on to cage rage and came back later for one more fight...

LOL this thread is so stupid, fighters move from company to company, if you want to compare pride and the ufc why not ask everyone which company had the best rules and judging, my bet is an educated mma man would pick Pride, if you look up why pride is no longer about start with a company called xyience, and it's involvement to the downfall of pride.

so whats everyone saying who has/had the best rules and judging ufc or pride ?

Cro Cop & Big were just around 34-35 years old now' date=' then your already telling me that they are already old & past their prime. Now let me tell you something about old fighter. 12 years ago a UFC fighter name Randy Couture debut at UFC at the age of 34, now I think I don't need to tell you how successful he's career then the next decade, as an exclamation point is that 10 years after he debut at UFC and at 44 years old he won the HW belt. Anderson can never be really considered a PRIDE fighter since he does not stay there for so long. Wanderlei also a UFC fighter before he joins PRIDE but everybody consider him a PRDIE fighter coz he stay much longer in PRDIE rather than in UFC.[/quote']

Randy Couture isn't human. Randy has had 27 career fights, meanwhile Big Nog has had 38 and Cro Cop has had 34. All three fighter's are past their prime, with the exception of Big Nog who may still have a legitimate shot at a title.

All three have my respect and deserve it.

Anderson had five fights in PRIDE plus a few in Mecca, Cage Rage and ROTR before coming to the UFC and Wandy only had two UFC fights before going to PRIDE, then had another UFC fight before going back to PRIDE.

Does it matter where they fought before? All I care about is how they do where they are now.

it's not bashing the UFC. It's showing there's more than one side to the argument.

Pride was exciting to watch, sometimes even more exciting than the UFC because of the lack of rules and the high paced fights.......But by todays standards, the best fighters of today are in the UFC....And yes, some of those fighters originated in pride

Pride was exciting to watch' date=' sometimes even more exciting than the UFC because of the lack of rules and the high paced fights.......But by todays standards, the best fighters of today are in the UFC....And yes, some of those fighters originated in pride[/quote']

yes. but that doesn't mean that one is overall better than the other

I like this guy /\ /\

Nog is the old. Out with the old in with the new

I don't like Bisping. Hope he gets axed.

Cro cop also looks finished. But if Rothwell loses, he has to go back to fighting the weaker heavyweights. Just way too much depth in there.

+1

Anderson has 4 losses doesn't he ?

Just because you lose doesn't mean you're bad. Case for analysis : GSP

No your post is just a waste. You have no idea what your talking about' date=' these fighters arnt even from the PRIME UFC, or PRIDE era. WTF is your point, do you know what YOUR talking about? lmfao[/quote']

You Fedor fans are remarkable. But you know what's the saddest part is, is that it's hard for you to swallow that millions of people in this world compare your 31-1 Fedor to 4-1 Brock. And majority of them thinks that Brock is better.

who cares anyways? IMO Pride didn't have the best fighters, just the best fights based on rules and regulations which allowed these guys to flourish, same thing would have happened with the UFC guys over there (less Chuck Liddell, Rampage made sure that was his house)

Organizations aside, they are all talented fighters and should be appreciated wherever they fight.

this reminds me of college rivalry or some immaturity along those lines.

But again the same could be said for Vandy, Cro Cop, and a host of others, who've come over from Pride, the rules although similiar do vary to differernt degree's , they were 10 min rounds, you could knee to the head when the fighter was on the ground, and there were a few more that were differnt in Pride, maybe that has something to do with their sucesses there and not in the UFC, who knows.

You Fedor fans are remarkable. But you know what's the saddest part is' date=' is that it's hard for you to swallow that millions of people in this world compare your 31-1 Fedor to 4-1 Brock. And majority of them thinks that Brock is better.[/quote']

I'm a fan of both Brock and Fedor (Yeah, I exist), but let me sum up for you:

What was your favorite fighter before Brock Lesnar started MMA ?

BTW: Brock is green, he hasn't proven himself yet. He has great and let me say it again GREAT potential but he isn't near the status of God as is Fedor.

And stop trolling, this only makes Brock look like an dumb noob with a legion of stupid fans.

Randy Couture isn't human. Randy has had 27 career fights' date=' meanwhile Big Nog has had 38 and Cro Cop has had 34. All three fighter's are past their prime, with the exception of Big Nog who may still have a legitimate shot at a title.

All three have my respect and deserve it.

Anderson had five fights in PRIDE plus a few in Mecca, Cage Rage and ROTR before coming to the UFC and Wandy only had two UFC fights before going to PRIDE, then had another UFC fight before going back to PRIDE.

[b']Does it matter where they fought before? All I care about is how they do where they are now.[/b]

This is how I feel about this whole thread.

I'm a fan of both Brock and Fedor (Yeah' date=' I exist), but let me sum up for you:

BTW: Brock is green, he hasn't proven himself yet. He has great and let me say it again GREAT potential but he isn't near the status of God as is Fedor.

And stop trolling, this only makes Brock look like an dumb noob with a legion of stupid fans.[/quote']

I doubt that when you say Brock isn't near the status of Fedor. What does Fedor achieved after his 4th fight? None. I'm sure even you doesn't know Fedor after his 4th fight. Brock has the UFC HW title after his 4th fight.

Well lets see, the UFC came after Pride and if the UFC were never made where do you think those fighters would go? ****ING PRIDE MAN!!!

you cant say one promotion is better than another, fighters are better than others you dumb ****

Bisping and Rothwell would have gone to Pride.

and your thing about Hendo, did you know that Rampage AND Anderson Silva were both in Pride waaay before the UFC? the 2 guys he lost his belts to?

i dont expect you to know this, your pic is of Lesnar and your sig is blasphamy

not your fault your stupid just blame your genes

I doubt that when you say Brock isn't near the status of Fedor. What does Fedor achieved after his 4th fight? None. I'm sure even you doesn't know Fedor after his 4th fight. Brock has the UFC HW title after his 4th fight.

Brock did an amazing ****ing thing so to speak. 4 fights and the UFC champion, it's great.

However, please let me put some sense into you: Just because someone green goes there and shock the world doesn't mean he is God or something. You stated that what makes Brock great is what he did in his first 4 fights and what makes Fedor a lesser fighter is what he did in his, but player, Fedor has over 30 fights and BEING DOMINANT FOR THAT LONG HAVING BEATEN THE BEST OF THE BEST FOR SO LONG IS WHAT MAKES SOMEONE GREAT. So what you're traying to say is: Lebron is better than Jordan.

Long way for Lebron, long way for Lesnar, Jordan is a legend, Fedor is a legend.

Answer me.

As of know, you're just a Lesnar nutthugger NOT a fan. A true fan knows Brock is green, even he knows that.

Brock did an amazing ****ing thing so to say. 4 fights and the UFC champion' date=' it's great.

However, please let me put some sense into you: Just because someone green goes there and shock the world doesn't mean he is God or something. You stated that what makes Brock great is what he did in his first 4 fights and what makes Fedor a lesser fighter is what he did in his, but player, Fedor has over 30 fights and BEING DOMINANT FOR THAT LONG HAVING BEATEN THE BEST OF THE BEST FOR SO LONG IS WHAT MAKES SOMEONE GREAT. So what you're traying to say is: Lebron is better than Jordan.

Long way for Lebron, long way for Lesnar, Jordan is a legend, Fedor is a legend.

Answer me.

As for know, you're just a Lesnar nutthugger NOT a fan. A true fan knows Brock is green, even he knows that.[/quote']

I wouldn't go so far as to say Fedor is a 'Legend' but the Lebron < Jordan simile is a great comparison, Brock still has some status to cement before he can be credited the way Fedor is. The fact he is champ after his # of fights is an amazing thing, and the dominance Fedor has shown and is still showing consistantly is an amazing thing.

I truly believe opponents to Fedor are defeated before entering the ring, and opponents to Brock want to prove themselves right over the newcomer champ, wonder if ether will change ever.

Brock did an amazing ****ing thing so to speak. 4 fights and the UFC champion' date=' it's great.

Answer me.

As of know, you're just a Lesnar nutthugger NOT a fan. A true fan knows Brock is green, even he knows that.[/quote']

I guess whom is what you mean not what is my favorite fighter.

Pedro Rizzo, Tank Abbot, The Ronin, Cabbage, Ian Freeman, Buentello, Arlovski, Sylvia, Frank Shamerock, Vera (Heavyweight), Ricco Rodriguez, Pat Mellitech, Tito Ortiz, Hughes, Penn, Mcdonald, Horn. That's some

This whole thread is completly stupid! I'm an MMA fan, and before that, just a martial arts fan in general. If you're a true fan of MMA, you would love Pride & the UFC...as well as WEC, Strikeforce, Elite XC, IFL, MFC, KOTC, K1, Affliction, Cage Rage...whatever. I'm a fight fan, and I don't care where people fight or who they fight for. There were some amazing fighters who fought for Pride and there are some amazing fighters who fight in the UFC. I think those two organizations are about on equal footing as far as fighters, production, etc. I still watch Dream, which is basically a new Pride. I love MMA & if you don't like both organizations, then you're not a true fan of the sport, and you're missing out.

This whole thread is completly stupid! I'm an MMA fan' date=' and before that, just a martial arts fan in general. If you're a true fan of MMA, you would love Pride & the UFC...as well as WEC, Strikeforce, Elite XC, IFL, MFC, KOTC, K1, Affliction, Cage Rage...whatever. I'm a fight fan, and I don't care where people fight or who they fight for. There were some amazing fighters who fought for Pride and there are some amazing fighters who fight in the UFC. I think those two organizations are about on equal footing as far as fighters, production, etc. I still watch Dream, which is basically a new Pride. I love MMA & if you don't like both organizations, then you're not a true fan of the sport, and you're missing out.[/quote']

This

hahahaha this is funny I never even saw pride in its heyday and I think your wrong. I like many became a fan due to Griffin vs Bonnar but Shogun, Rampage and Big Nog are allll big players in there divisions.

How do you know they would be the top guys now? who where the top guys in the ufc back then liddell? sylvia? couture? there was no gsp, anderson (he was in pride), machida back then. They where a big name they would have signed alot of the up and coming talent the UFC had basically had the talent till itself until Strikeforce has formed and started getting abit of talent.

This whole thread is completly stupid! I'm an MMA fan' date=' and before that, just a martial arts fan in general. If you're a true fan of MMA, you would love Pride & the UFC...as well as WEC, Strikeforce, Elite XC, IFL, MFC, KOTC, K1, Affliction, Cage Rage...whatever. I'm a fight fan, and I don't care where people fight or who they fight for. There were some amazing fighters who fought for Pride and there are some amazing fighters who fight in the UFC. I think those two organizations are about on equal footing as far as fighters, production, etc. I still watch Dream, which is basically a new Pride. I love MMA & if you don't like both organizations, then you're not a true fan of the sport, and you're missing out.[/quote']

Is K1 an MMA? I think it's just an kickboxing tournament wherein we cannot really classified as MMA organizations since kickboxing itself is a descipline like Muay Thai. If I'm right with this, then I pity your MMA knowledge.

I'm a fan of both Brock and Fedor (Yeah' date=' I exist), but let me sum up for you:

And stop trolling, this only makes Brock look like an dumb noob with a legion of stupid fans.[/quote']

by far the best post in this troll thread..lol...+100

Is K1 an MMA? I think it's just an kickboxing tournament wherein we cannot really classified as MMA organizations since kickboxing itself is a descipline like Muay Thai. If I'm right with this' date=' then I pity your MMA knowledge.[/quote']

K-1 holds MMA shows too.

Dont worry, you'll learn.

Is K1 an MMA? I think it's just an kickboxing tournament wherein we cannot really classified as MMA organizations since kickboxing itself is a descipline like Muay Thai. If I'm right with this' date=' then I pity your MMA knowledge.[/quote']

lol, someone who knows as little as you should keep your mouth shut and listen more.

As as said in my post, I'm not only a fan on MMA, but martial arts of all kinds. Next time, maybe you should read a little more carefully before you make ignorant statements. I've been studying martial arts for 29 years. Shotokan karate, aikido, kendo, aiki jutsu and jiu jutsu. I'll put my knowledged of MMA up against yours any day!

Archived