Matt Thorpe Talks About Fighting Dan Hardy

deanparr

Recently, Matt Thorpe did an interview with MMA Unltd, and in this, he talked about his upcoming fight, weight cutting, and most interestingly of all to UFC fans, what it was like to fight Dan Hardy.

http://www.mmaunltd.com/fighters/interview-details.asp/id/58/thorpe-predicts-fireworks-ahead-of-phillips-bout.htm

In 2005, Hardy was taken to a split decision by Thorpe, who got him in some sick submission attempts but couldn't finish him. Matt also talked about Hardy's chances against GSP =)

Recently' date=' Matt Thorpe did an interview with MMA Unltd, and in this, he talked about his upcoming fight, weight cutting, and most interestingly of all to UFC fans, what it was like to fight Dan Hardy.

http://www.mmaunltd.com/fighters/interview-details.asp/id/58/thorpe-predicts-fireworks-ahead-of-phillips-bout.htm

In 2005, Hardy was taken to a split decision by Thorpe, [b']who got him in some sick submission attempts but couldn't finish him.[/b] Matt also talked about Hardy's chances against GSP =)

Since it didn't happen in his 2 UFC fights, it didn't happen. Haven't you read anything in these forums? Everyone says he has no ground game so it has to be true if it is on the internet!

Okay okay, here come the " Well Matt Thorpe is no GSP, yadda yadda," but I happen to believe Dan Hardy is going to shake up GSP's world a little bit and this will in no way be the cakewalk everyone thinks for GSP.

I still think GSP wins by UD with "ground control", a.k.a. lay and pray. He is the best at it after all!

Since it didn't happen in his 2 UFC fights' date=' it didn't happen. Haven't you read anything in these forums? Everyone says he has no ground game so it has to be true if it is on the internet!

Okay okay, here come the " Well Matt Thorpe is no GSP, yadda yadda," but I happen to believe Dan Hardy is going to shake up GSP's world a little bit and this will in no way be the cakewalk everyone thinks for GSP.

I still think GSP wins by UD with "ground control", a.k.a. lay and pray. He is the best at it after all![/quote']

Dan Hardy has a very underrated ground game I agree, and I don't think GSP will be able to finish him. But at the same time, it's definitely not enough to stop him getting held down for 5 rounds unfortunately.

Best of luck to him though.

i dont think hardy will win even though id like him to...just so we can all say gsp is human and not a robotic assassin....gsp is an animal and then some...i like hardy he a beast too but i think gsp is fearless and has less to prove...hardy is overlooked but i think he wil earn some respect even if he loses

Since it didn't happen in his 2 UFC fights' date=' it didn't happen. Haven't you read anything in these forums? Everyone says he has no ground game so it has to be true if it is on the internet!

I still think GSP wins by UD with "ground control", a.k.a. lay and pray. He is the best at it after all![/quote']

I agree with pretty much everything you said lol!

Matt Thorpe is a bloody good fighter - yes no GSP, but holds wins over decent opposition like Che Mills.

I've been thinking about this, and since interviewing Matt, I've started to see where he's coming from. Hardy does have one punch power, and if he can stay standing for just 30 seconds, he has a chance.

Who cares anyway? It's great for UK MMA, and fingers crossed, it will elevate MMA to new heights in this country. Long live "the Outlaw" I say ;)

ok gsp will finish hardy in great fashion. you guys were just dissapointed in his last fight. suck it up and realize that gsp was never boring. his last fight was but now he knows that no one can beat him. not even alves. gsp tko hardy rd 2.

Don't count him out my friend... Hardy has a great chin =)

Archived