Werdum vs. Emelianenko

boxer55

On paper, there's no way Fedor loses this fight. The only way Vai-Cavallo wins is by a submission of epic proportions (which he is capable of).....likely? Not so much - Emp has the best JJ for a white dude on the planet.....

Fedor by 12 punch combo to Tiger uppercut for the KO, 1:47 of round 1.

On paper' date=' there's no way Fedor loses this fight. The only way Vai-Cavallo wins is by a submission of epic proportions (which he is capable of).....likely? Not so much - Emp has the best JJ for a white dude on the planet.....

Fedor by 12 punch combo to Tiger uppercut for the KO, 1:47 of round 1.[/quote']

Fedor's mad Sambo skills will not allow for a sub.

I once challenged Fedor to a staring contest I am now legally blind and I wet myself. He wins this fight although I don't believe it will be a problem free walk in the park as some might say. Werdum is a big **** powerful guy who has better striking then Rogers. He is a real threat to any HW.

I once challenged Fedor to a staring contest I am now legally blind and I wet myself. He wins this fight although I don't believe it will be a problem free walk in the park as some might say. Werdum is a big **** powerful guy who has better striking then Rogers. He is a real threat to any HW.

This is very true. Although, I'm not convinced about his striking. He is a big dude, which people forget and certainly has the power to do some damage.

Agreed, he is a real threat to any HW in the world. Good call. Everyone calling Werdum a can doesn't have the slightest idea what they're talking about.

This is very true. Although' date=' I'm not convinced about his striking. He is a big dude, which people forget and certainly has the power to do some damage.

Agreed, he is a real threat to any HW in the world. Good call. Everyone calling Werdum a can doesn't have the slightest idea what they're talking about.[/quote']

good post. werdum certainly has added some strong and aggressive knees in his last couple of outings, though. i know what you're saying about his overall striking.

good post. werdum certainly has added some strong and aggressive knees in his last couple of outings' date=' though. i know what you're saying about his overall striking.[/quote']

Yeah, it does seem to be improving no question. I just can't imagine it trading with Emp right now. On the ground, who knows though - Verdum is a premiere HW BJJ artist....I'm stoked for this fight, even if people think Werdum is unworthy.

Yeah' date=' it does seem to be improving no question. I just can't imagine it trading with Emp right now.[/quote']

yeah, when you put it that way...:D

yes, i'm very excited for this one too. i think it's mostly because i like fabricio, hoping he can have a good showing and give a good fight.

yeah' date=' when you put it that way...:D

yes, i'm very excited for this one too. i think it's mostly because i like fabricio, hoping he can have a good showing and give a good fight.[/quote']

It's funny how people thought Fab was on the outs when he left the UFC - how wrong they were. His chosen path has led him to the premiere fight of his life. Couldn't ask for better.

It's funny how people thought Fab was on the outs when he left the UFC - how wrong they were. His chosen path has led him to the premiere fight of his life. Couldn't ask for better.

how true! you never know, getting knocked out by junior dos santos could turn out to be the best thing to ever happen to him. :D

This fight shouldn't even be happening. Fedor's only got a couple legit fight to be had in SF...and this isn't one of them. I think it's an insult to the fans personally.

Cheers

-DR

Would fighting Mir be legit?

How about the fact he and Werdum are both 13-4. Mir has lost to Ian Freeman, Marcio Cruz, Brandon Vera (a LHW) and Lesnard.

Werdum has lost to Kharitonov, Arlovski, Big Nog and Dos Santos.

In Strikeforce? It was all but assumed his 3 opponents would be Rogers, Werdum and Overeem. Not sure who the mystery fighter is he should be fighting? Enlighten me.

Would fighting Mir be legit?

How about the fact he and Werdum are both 13-4. Mir has lost to Ian Freeman' date=' Marcio Cruz, Brandon Vera (a LHW) and Lesnard.

Werdum has lost to Kharitonov, Arlovski, Big Nog and Dos Santos.

In Strikeforce? It was all but assumed his 3 opponents would be Rogers, Werdum and Overeem. Not sure who the mystery fighter is he should be fighting? Enlighten me.[/quote']

Yes...fight Mir would be legit. As for Mir's loss'.

Freeman was earlier in his career and things happen. As for Cruz and Vera...do you know when Mir fought them and what he had to overcome just to be cleared to fight again? After the Vera loss...a decent Vera by the way...he went on a hiatus of sorts and got his **** straightened out. Can you HONESTLY say that Marcio Cruz or Ian Freeman would have any appreciable change to beat the Frank Mir of today? Really?

As for Lesnar. I can't stand the guybut... Some guys win via...striking prowess..others via...wizardry on the ground...Brock..wins via big...I don't like it...but it's the reality.

As for people I'd like to see Fedor fight in SF.

Overeem,

Henderson,

Lawal (he's a wildcard..but you never know)

A Rogers rematch would be interesting..but Fedor's been there...and done that.

Other than those guys....(and everyone other than Overeem is really a stretch)

Fedor needs to grow a pair..make his own decisions..and join the big kid pool where the talent is.

Cheers

-DR

Yes...fight Mir would be legit. As for Mir's loss'.

Freeman was earlier in his career and things happen. As for Cruz and Vera...do you know when Mir fought them and what he had to overcome just to be cleared to fight again? After the Vera loss...a decent Vera by the way...he went on a hiatus of sorts and got his **** straightened out. Can you HONESTLY say that Marcio Cruz or Ian Freeman would have any appreciable change to beat the Frank Mir of today? Really?

As for Lesnar. I can't stand the guybut... Some guys win via...striking prowess..others via...wizardry on the ground...Brock..wins via big...I don't like it...but it's the reality.

As for people I'd like to see Fedor fight in SF.

Overeem' date='

Henderson,

Lawal (he's a wildcard..but you never know)

A Rogers rematch would be interesting..but Fedor's been there...and done that.

Other than those guys....(and everyone other than Overeem is really a stretch)

Fedor needs to grow a pair..make his own decisions..and join the big kid pool where the talent is.

Cheers

-DR[/quote']

Fedor actually offered the UFC the chance to have him for 1 fight. The UFC ducked that fight because they were afraid. True story.

http://www.lowkick.com/UFC/Report-Fedor-Camp-Wants-1-Fight-Deal-With-UFC

Fedor actually offered the UFC the chance to have him for 1 fight. The UFC ducked that fight because they were afraid. True story.

http://www.lowkick.com/UFC/Report-Fedor-Camp-Wants-1-Fight-Deal-With-UFC

Cool story.. But first off Mir is not going to get by Carwin. So Fedor would fight Lesnar or Carwin. If Dana really wants to see who the best is he will accept the one fight challenge, if not he needs to never mention it again.

This would be bad for UFC if he won so not a good idea that's like sending Anderson Silva to go destroy Jake Shields for one fight.

SF has Hendo going right into a title fight with Shields after not being able to win a title in the UFC. If he wins the title it doesnt look real great for them in comparison, does it? So I would say the chance that SF would allow someone like A. Silva to come over for one fight against someone like Shields are not all that bad.

you're bashing your own threads now?

I guess admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery from bad threads.

LOL.

On paper' date=' there's no way Fedor loses this fight. The only way Vai-Cavallo wins is by a submission of epic proportions (which he is capable of).....likely? Not so much - Emp has the best JJ for a white dude on the planet.....

Fedor by 12 punch combo to Tiger uppercut for the KO, 1:47 of round 1.[/quote']

This would be kick **** match if its was a Grappling or a No Gi Bjj match or Sambo match.

Werdum is a top Heavyweight, and UFC didnt cut him.......he left the UFC.

Archived