Who has the best chance at Brock Lesnar's belt?

boxer55

I believe with his new conditioning program and increase in size and muscular build Frank Mir. I mean Mir's skills have always been superior to Lesnar. It was Lesnar's size that gave him the advantage over Mir and I think Mir has now fixed that problem plus when you throw in Mir's obsession with beating Lesnar think he would be extra motivated during his camp and the fight.

no hw in the world stands a chance against a healthy brock lesnar right now..mir may be a black belt but lesnars ground game is way better hes gotta be the best wrestler besides gsp in the ufc lesnars just so damn dominant i'm glad you didn't put fedor on your list tho lol that would be like big nog vs the truck

i say who ever wins outta carwin and mir should face the winner of nog and cain... and then if brock is healthy thts who should fight him...i think mir should fight cain not carwin cuz he only has 1 win since his defeat at 100...not trying to hate just saying how i think...i like all of them though...i think nog or carwin has best chance though

Velasquez will beat Big' Nog' and the winner of Mir/Carwin to a pulp, then he'll just get steamrolled by Lesnar just like the rest of them, unless someone can land a big shot on Brocks chin or temple and make him wobble he'll never lose that belt in the Octagon, even. Of the top contenders, on Velasquez has the speed to land the big power before getting taken down, plus hes got some kind of wrestling to help him get back up.

Velasquez will beat Big' Nog' and the winner of Mir/Carwin to a pulp' date=' then he'll just get steamrolled by Lesnar just like the rest of them, unless someone can land a big shot on Brocks chin or temple and make him wobble he'll never lose that belt in the Octagon, even. Of the top contenders, on Velasquez has the speed to land the big power before getting taken down, plus hes got some kind of wrestling to help him get back up.[/quote']

You only forgot that Cain has no serious power in his punches to get Brock dazed or wobbly or what ever the correct word is.

I believe with his new conditioning program and increase in size and muscular build Frank Mir. I mean Mir's skills have always been superior to Lesnar. It was Lesnar's size that gave him the advantage over Mir and I think Mir has now fixed that problem plus when you throw in Mir's obsession with beating Lesnar think he would be extra motivated during his camp and the fight.

Good theory....Unfortunately, Lesnars size is normal for him and Mir's size isnt normal for Mir.....FACT: Mir still isnt gonna be as strong as Brock, and next time they fight, Mir will most likely be a little slower than before because of his size increase. It was nothing for Brock to throw Mir around before, and I really dont think an extra 40 lbs. is gonna make that much of a difference when it comes to fighting Brock.....I dont see Mir being able to submit Brock again, but I do see Mir having a chance of winning by KO possibly

I'd have to say that the only way anyone is gonna beat Brock is to knock him out....Brock would destroy anyone on the ground IMO....I think the best chance someone has to beat Brock is to match his strength...And the only man I see who could do that is Bobby Lashley, Although Bobby has said himself he isnt ready for Brock right now......

Carwin' date=' Mir, JDS all have legit chances. Maybe my boy Big Nog if he is still hungry for it.

SCO is huggin Brock's balls so hard that Brock might tap... SCO next heavyweight champ.[/quote']

LOL!!!! i voted big nog btw. if he beats cain hes next in line for the interm IMO. than the winner of gonzaga/JDS is in line after that.

why do so many people think Mir will beat Lesnar??! Its like youve forgotten the Mir got absolutely mauled by Lesnar just 8 UFCs ago so what if he put on a good performance against Kongo and how much weight hes put on. The fact of the matter is Lesnar won because he was patient and stayed chest on chest if Lesnar vs Mir 3 happens it will be a repeat of Lesnar vs Mir 2. Mir will keep claiming that he lost due to size and so will most of you probably until Lesnar proves that hes not all about strength and power.

JDS FTW!!! :)

Good theory....Unfortunately' date=' Lesnars size is normal for him and Mir's size isnt normal for Mir.....FACT: Mir still isnt gonna be as strong as Brock, and next time they fight, Mir will most likely be a little slower than before because of his size increase. It was nothing for Brock to throw Mir around before, and I really dont think an extra 40 lbs. is gonna make that much of a difference when it comes to fighting Brock.....I dont see Mir being able to submit Brock again, but I do see Mir having a chance of winning by KO possibly[/quote']

The extra 40 pounds won't slow Mir down all that much, especially after a year of training with a former strong man with a focus on power not pure strength. A guy with a very thin frame can put on 15-20 pounds of very good functional strength in a year, Mir has a large frame. Pretty sure his focus is to get strong enough so Brock can't control him so easily on the ground while maintaining his speed, he needs to start using some takedown defense as well though. A 285 pound national wrestling champion is not someone you want to have top position on you.

There is no way FEDOR can eat BROCK. FEDOR IS TOO AFRAID TO COME TO AN ORGANIZATION THAT WONT LET HIM HANDPICK HIS OPPONENTS....SO STOP ALL THIS FEDOR TALK UNTIL YOUR BOY COMES TO THE MAJOR LEAGUES

I agree with you. He's fighting Overeem next. hahah! what a joke. Fighting low class fighters. Overeem is not even in the top 10 HW in MMA.

It will end up on the ground so who ever has the best Ju Jitsu should win. Other than that' date=' anyone has a puncher's chance before it goes tro the ground so I'd say that Carwin, Mir or Big Nog.

Who has better Ju Jitsu, Mir or Big Nog?[/quote']

Unlike Mr. Mir, Big Nog actually hands out black belts....so big nog

And Big Nog is pretty much the only Heavyweight with the skills to submit brock off his back, so im goin with Minotauro.

JDS might be capable of it, although we need to see his groundgame and wrestling first.

Whoever becomes the next champ will most likely be whoever Dana White wants it to be...

We'll see what happens at the press conference.

well u are right somehow, if Dana decide to put a weak or strong opponent it's up to him.But that's all he can do he can't risk a huge mma scandal by fixing the fight otherwise because ufc will have this rep of fixed fights and fighters(good fighters) may even leave to other org.

Archived