Is Paul Daley the future of the WW division?

boxer55

Paul has looked deadly in his last 2 fights, i personally do not like him 1 bit but i have to give him his credit, the only ones i can see beating him on the feet is Thiago Alves or maybe GSP but i dont see GSP taking that risk.

oh and for all of you that would say Anthony Johnson, the fact of the matter is that he is too sloppy.

Paul Daley next fight is Josh Koscheck and Koscheck is going to get his head tooken off.

Nope' date=' beating 2 low ranked WW's that were BJJ fighters is not that impressive.

He will get owned by Alves, Kos, Fitch, AJ...GSP is out of the question.[/quote']

Kampmann was going to be fighting for the title shot until Swick pulled out, so he wasn't that low ranked, and he's a former Thai Boxing champion who just happens to be good on the ground.

Paul has looked deadly in his last 2 fights' date=' i personally do not like him 1 bit but i have to give him his credit, the only ones i can see beating him on the feet is Thiago Alves or maybe GSP but i dont see GSP taking that risk.

oh and for all of you that would say Anthony Johnson, the fact of the matter is that he is too sloppy.

Paul Daley next fight is Josh Koscheck and Koscheck is going to get his head tooken off.[/quote']

paul is an excellent muay thai striker who has really worked on improving his takedown defense. it's so much better than it used to be.

future of the division?

absolutely not.

some potentially exciting matches?

yes.

Paul daley is a 1 trick pony......Koscheck will beat him just like he did Anthony Johnson...actually i think Anthony Johnsons stand up is better then daleys......

But when you have no ground game.....(like daley) you will get embarrassed)

Anthony Johnson actually was a wrestler and Koscheck still made him look bad...

Maybe after this fight Daley....can take some of the money and get some better dental work. (get some better teefeys...lol)

No, Daley's good but he's too one-dimensional.

I'm not really impressed with his 2 fights in the UFC. Kampmann is overrated and his win over Volkmann at 108 wasn't impressive at all. Volkmann tagged him a few times and he's not known as a stand-up guy.

Hazelett on the other hand is a BJJ guy who tried standing with Daley and got his **** knocked out because of it.

Daley needs to fight someone with good takedowns and striking and win decisively before I would consider him to be the "future" of WW.

Kampmann was going to be fighting for the title shot until Swick pulled out' date=' so he wasn't that low ranked, and he's a former Thai Boxing champion who just happens to be good on the ground.[/quote']

This.

That being said, Daley has about the same chance at beating GSP as Dan Hardy does.

Daley beat a low top 10 WW. Kos is always a great test to see whether you're ready to be considered a 1337 WW. I think Kos will best him this time though due to experience. He will (as usual) look to stand and bang like a fool until he gets rocked, but I think once he takes it to the mat, it'll be over for Semtex. In no way am I counting out Daley. I wouldn't be horrified and in shock if he KOed Fraggle Rock, but I think he's not quite ready for the top yet.

But in all honestly, Semtex is the future of the WW division. The guy's only 26, so he's still got room for improvement. He looks pretty good now. Just imagine his prowess and skill 4-5 years down the road.

Paul daley is a 1 trick pony......Koscheck will beat him just like he did Anthony Johnson...actually i think Anthony Johnsons stand up is better then daleys......

But when you have no ground game.....(like daley) you will get embarrassed)

Anthony Johnson actually was a wrestler and Koscheck still made him look bad...

Maybe after this fight Daley....can take some of the money and get some better dental work. (get some better teefeys...lol)

he has bad teeth? or are you just making a stupid joke

Daley beat a low top 10 WW. Kos is always a great test to see whether you're ready to be considered a 1337 WW. I think Kos will best him this time though due to experience. He will (as usual) look to stand and bang like a fool until he gets rocked' date=' but I think once he takes it to the mat, it'll be over for Semtex. In no way am I counting out Daley. I wouldn't be horrified and in shock if he KOed Fraggle Rock, but I think he's not quite ready for the top yet.

But in all honestly, Semtex is the future of the WW division. The guy's only 26, so he's still got room for improvement. He looks pretty good now. Just imagine his prowess and skill 4-5 years down the road.[/quote']

by experience, do you mean UFC experience? paul has almost twice the amount of fights, has been in MMA for almost 7 years, and has fought almost everywhere. paul's fought some top guys and hasn't always come out on top, but the same could be said of koscheck.

paul has lost to a couple of very good grapplers in nick thompson (by decision) and jake shields (2nd round submission), but he's also defeated a couple, like john alessio and dave strasser. alessio is probably the best pure wrestler that paul has faced up until now.

sorry, it just seems strange to keep seeing posts that make it sound like paul is a newcomer. he's far from it.

Oh please' date=' The Outlaw is the future of the WW division.[/quote']

Give me some of what your smoking, he lucked out getting the fight with Mike swick, there was alot of others who should have gotten the shot vs GSP , and the Outlaw will be working at Outback steak house when its all said and done.

He's a top 3 WW. He'd most likely clean Jon Fitch's clock. I think he could contend with GSP, and possibly win, if he could keep the fight standing, but i'd have to say that GSP would most likely take him down. Rumor has it that GSP couldn't be taken down by Rashad Evans, who is over 40lbs. heavier then he is.

He's definitely a contender, unlike Swick, who I always thought was overrated (And who should've lost to Josh Burkman, who got robbed after beating Swick senseless).

He's a top 3 WW. He'd most likely clean Jon Fitch's clock. I think he could contend with GSP' date=' and possibly win, if he could keep the fight standing, but i'd have to say that GSP would most likely take him down. Rumor has it that GSP couldn't be taken down by Rashad Evans, who is over 40lbs. heavier then he is.

He's definitely a contender, unlike Swick, who I always thought was overrated (And who should've lost to Josh Burkman, who got robbed after beating Swick senseless).[/quote']

Have you watched Daleys fight when hes on the ground? He hardly moves, and got dominated by jake shields and others on the ground if Daley goes down to the cambus Daley doesnt see a Victory. You cAnt go through the ufc as a one weapon fighter

Archived