UFC Undisputed 2010 New Gameplay Features

jackranger

Some of the new features looks good. Hopefully they fix the submission engine. Way too hard to pull one off before.

http://bumpyknuckle.com/2010/01/18/video-ufc-undisputed-2010-gameplay-features/

Wasn't that hard to pull of a submission, but you had to be on a harder difficulty. On the lower difficulties, your opponent just stood there and hardly did anything, so they never came close to running out of energy.

It's much easier to submit on higher difficulties where the opponent goes crazy and uses up all his energy on a flurry. Then you can take him down and get a sub.

Wasn't that hard to pull of a submission' date=' but you had to be on a harder difficulty. On the lower difficulties, your opponent just stood there and hardly did anything, so they never came close to running out of energy.

It's much easier to submit on higher difficulties where the opponent goes crazy and uses up all his energy on a flurry. Then you can take him down and get a sub.[/quote']

Exactly, you just need to know how to wear an opponent down and usually the submission is easy to come by. It doesn't need fixing, just adjusting so it's less strength-orientated, which they're already doing, so I'm happy.

looks good' date=' cnt wait to dominate da stand-up and then get submitted wen im gabriel gonzaga an im facin kimbo slice[/quote']

i think that is something they should fix too...a guy with no ground game (kimbo) should not even be able to attempt an advanced submission, let alone finish someone with it.

three cheers for tweaks!

though, i was kinda hoping for a post-fight dialogue tree akin to what mass effect did; something like the post fight talk with rogan, but with dialogue options where you could trash talk yr opponent's performance, give him props, or just be a one dimensional meathead. it would also be sweet if there was some sort of pre-fight hype dialogue tree, trash talking and hyping yr fight before the event. the more "cred", the more options etc.

not that the replayablity was low on 09, but i think a dialogue tree could help flesh out your "fighter".

I'm hoping they can make something of this game but I really doubt it. The more I played 2009 the more that I hated it... way too many things wrong with that game which made it unplayable to me.

Much more excited to see EA MMA. This guy from Middleasy.com or something like that wrote a big article about how much better it is than Undisputed and he has actually been shown gameplay by the developers. I'll take EA over THQ anyday.

ea killed the tony hawk franchise with ea skate, now they will do they same to undisputed, good bye and good riddance, so much wrong with the game and it so one dimensional,and you dont need to wear down an opponent to submit him, jus drag your knuckles across the 4 buttons. submit bj penn with gray maynard in the first 30 seconds of round1! this is the worst part of the game to me as the technique is useless,any button mashing game is a ****e game period

I'm hoping they can make something of this game but I really doubt it. The more I played 2009 the more that I hated it... way too many things wrong with that game which made it unplayable to me.

Much more excited to see EA MMA. This guy from Middleasy.com or something like that wrote a big article about how much better it is than Undisputed and he has actually been shown gameplay by the developers. I'll take EA over THQ anyday.

ea mma is gonna be nice, too. i'm hoping quality pushes quality, and the market doesnt get flooded with mediocre product. as a start (...new start? i didnt play the xbox or ps pride/ufc/k-1 product in the 90's/double-aughts...) to mma games, though, i'm happy.

ea killed the tony hawk franchise with ea skate' date=' now they will do they same to undisputed, good bye and good riddance, so much wrong with the game and it so one dimensional,and you dont need to wear down an opponent to submit him, jus drag your knuckles across the 4 buttons. submit bj penn with gray maynard in the first 30 seconds of round1! this is the worst part of the game to me as the technique is useless,any button mashing game is a ****e game period[/quote']

Did you even buy the game? I dont even know if you could do this on beginner :eek:

& if you did mabye you should raise the difficutly level to make it harder, just saying

BTW, Cant wait for this game to come out :)

Did you even buy the game? I dont even know if you could do this on easy :eek:

& if you did mabye you should raise the difficutly level to make it harder' date=' just saying

BTW, Cant wait for this game to come out :)[/quote']

yes i bought the game, yes i raised the difficulty,i won the belt in every weight class. clearly you havnt tried this and who cares about regular play its all about the online, which is also one of the worst servers i ever played on, it can barely sync up 2 people. ea nhl10 has np syncing 12 people into the game. when i say drag your knuckles, i mean put some padding or some plastic on your knuckles or you will bleed

yes i bought the game' date=' yes i raised the difficulty,i won the belt in every weight class. clearly you havnt tried this and [b']who cares about regular play [/b]its all about the online, which is also one of the worst servers i ever played on, it can barely sync up 2 people. ea nhl10 has np syncing 12 people into the game. when i say drag your knuckles, i mean put some padding or some plastic on your knuckles or you will bleed

The people who dont have internet?

Anyways every sports game has its problem with online play, nothing to throw your 360 or PS3 around the house for.

certainly isnt, but it is enough to stop playing and laugh at the thought of buying the sequel when an ea game is coming out, like i said ea killed tony hawk and it will do the same to undisputed, i mean even you will stop playing undisputed when ea comes out if its the actual game play your into and not just ufc fighters.

thq never impress me with there games. SvR was successful at the early stages but if you compare SvR to SvR 2009, they havn't done much to make it better or fix up the graphics. they just add new matches and superstars. i hope they improve the UFC game through out the franchise. They need to fix the simple stuff like adding a local only on online so you could vs people who are around your region, and more realism with the punches and kicks. this is where they fail on SvR, but the UFC game won a couple of gaming awards so that might get them to continue the franchise and add more stuff into the game. but no biggie im buying both EA MMA and UFC Undisputed.

I for one will buy it just because I want to support the UFC. Undisputed 09 had its quirks but overall the things I would change would be the fact that you could go over 100% on overall rating, all you have to do is hold back on the joystick to block any transition, and the Muay Thai didnt drain so much from the person in control.

heavy weight is a joke in this game everyone always fights with brock lesnar. except me who always uses cheick kongo.

Nowadays I always fight lightheavy .I noticed that no one uses silva in this game. But Am i the only guy who uses forest at light heavy in this game.

I ended a guy using forest who was using machida in the second round tko and his record was way better then mine

heavy weight is a joke in this game everyone always fights with brock lesnar. except me who always uses cheick kongo.

Nowadays I always fight lightheavy .I noticed that no one uses silva in this game. But Am i the only guy who uses forest at light heavy in this game.

I ended a guy using forest who was using machida in the second round tko and his record was way better then mine

yess in my opinion fores is way overated in the game.

if kimbo is a beast on this game im gonna be pissed.

classic game evolution' date=' looking good.

just hope they have more music and menu options, my brain went numb listening to that theme song OVER AND OVER while navigating menus, it drove me bananas, and no custom music like come on![/quote']

Haha. I know what you mean. I just used to music i put on my xbox, but for some reason i like the commentating so it got tedious turning it on and off. I'm really looking forward to this "cage play. That anaconda choke looked sick too. Can't wait. And I love how Kimbo is about to KO JDS in the video. At least i think its JDS.

EA will have the better gameplay for sure, but this game is the one that will be the better of the two overall. One reason, the EA game has a lot of UFC fallouts, plus one or two huge names that could be great in the UFC. Fedor, Aoki, Shields, and Mousasi... So four dudes that never fought in the UFC, that could acctually do anything in the UFC. (IDK some of the dudes on the game, so thats why I said that.

EA will have the better gameplay for sure' date=' but this game is the one that will be the better of the two overall. One reason, the EA game has a lot of UFC fallouts, plus one or two huge names that could be great in the UFC. Fedor, Aoki, Shields, and Mousasi... So four dudes that never fought in the UFC, that could acctually do anything in the UFC. (IDK some of the dudes on the game, so thats why I said that.[/quote']

agreed. even if the ea game has better gameplay, undisputed has all the stars (for the most part).

who cares, this game wasnt all that great anyway....i loses its point after 3 or 4 career modes. then its onto online play and everybody wants to be a created player thats 110. its stupid. im getting the EA sports game cause Dana White cried his arss off about it...muhahahahaha

three cheers for tweaks!

though' date=' i was kinda hoping for a post-fight dialogue tree akin to what mass effect did; something like the post fight talk with rogan, but with dialogue options where you could trash talk yr opponent's performance, give him props, or just be a one dimensional meathead. it would also be sweet if there was some sort of pre-fight hype dialogue tree, trash talking and hyping yr fight before the event. the more "cred", the more options etc.

not that the replayablity was low on 09, but i think a dialogue tree could help flesh out your "fighter".[/quote']

dumbest idea ever... go play wwe games

Nice but I want more, I'm greedy:

Things I want in these UFC games

- Better Career mode with many but many new options like switching camps, declining fights, maybe fiction organizations before you get to the UFC (Maybe even ring fights), TUF, "Real Time Clock" (You can choose if career start date/champs are the same as the day you begin), improved sponsor options, you could actually improve your fighter before getting the championship fight, change weight classes while in career mode (Hold two title belts), choose weight not just ****ing 235 and in a real World a cutting weight (A. Silva style) system, better week system (One photoshoot and there goes the week), better workout system, injuries (At least I never got injured) etc etc...

- Simultaneous hits.

- Improved ground game and sub.

- Improved Menu Navigation too much loading/saving, few musics.

- Catch Weight

- Grand Prix

- The styles could be diferrent from person to person like sub-styles, nobody box the same way...

- Game difficulty

Thats all I can think now, but half of these things are either stupid or "impossible" to make/happen

Nice but I want more' date=' I'm greedy:

Things I want in these UFC games

- Better Career mode with many but many new options like switching camps, declining fights, maybe fiction organizations before you get to the UFC (Maybe even ring fights), TUF, "Real Time Clock" (You can choose if career start date/champs are the same as the day you begin), improved sponsor options, you could actually improve your fighter before getting the championship fight, change weight classes while in career mode (Hold two title belts), choose weight not just ****ing 235 and in a real World a cutting weight (A. Silva style) system, better week system (One photoshoot and there goes the week), better workout system, injuries (At least I never got injured) etc etc...

- Simultaneous hits.

- Improved ground game and sub.

- Improved Menu Navigation too much loading/saving, few musics.

- Catch Weight

- Grand Prix

- The styles could be diferrent from person to person like sub-styles, nobody box the same way...

- Game difficulty

Thats all I can think now, but half of these things are either stupid or "impossible" to make/happen[/quote']

I don't think your ideas are stupid, I'd love to see them all be implemented into the new game, god knows UFC has the money to make it happen...:confused: Seems like they've got a good start at it now but the more minor details are really what needed worked on, the general game engine was pretty solid.

Archived