Why all the hate on Pride fighters?

Alpha_Omega

I'm honestly curious. What gratification do you clowns get out of bashing legends who put their body through hell for your satisfaction?

UFC fan boys on here continuously bash Pride and it's fighters like they get some sense of false gratification out of doing so. Do you fight in the UFC? Do you own the UFC? What glory do you get by sitting on your Laz-e Boy recliner with a bag of chips, a 12 pack of beer and a UFC 100 poster on your wall, ordering up the next UFC PPV and saying "ha! Look at that Pride guy lose! He's a nobody!"

I got news for you, that "nobody" has millions of fans, tons of money, a hot wife, multiple belts and one of the greatest careers in history. You got nothing but a Dell Dimension 3000 and an opinion. Unfortunately the internet allows you to spread your worthless opinion to a broad number of people without actually having to be anyone important. Ah, the days before the internet when you actually had to be somebody to babble on about your opinion to millions of people.

You guys sit here fighting tooth and nail to give your self some false sense of superiority. What glory comes of that? You had nothing to do with it. It reminds me of video game nerds arguing that their piece of plastic and chips is better than your piece of plastic and chips.

Even if you think Pride fighters aren't the greatest fighters how can you bash guys who put on some of the most exciting fights in history? Isn't that what being a fan is all about? Isn't being a true fan about supporting the fighters who risk life and limb to entertain you? Are you that unappreciative that you're going to down play them because you weren't around MMA long enough to know Pride when it existed? Because you take some false sense of satisfaction out of fighters you get to watch growing up being "better" than the ones we did?

I got news for you, UFC fighters didn't do well in Pride, either. Guys like Wandy and Nog have simply been in too many wars. And Nog is still 3-1 in the UFC and a former HW champion. Anyone who questions Shogun when, even if you thought he lost to Machida, still put up a better fight than anyone in the UFC did. Henderson is 0-2 against Pride Fighters in the UFC and 3-0 against UFC fighters. Rampage is a former LHW champion and has 1 loss in the UFC. Anderson Silva went 3-2 in Pride and 10-0 in the UFC. Belfort came in and KOd a former UFC champion in the first round/ There are plenty of facts that make both points. But why bother? All of these fighters do the same thing - they fight for my entertainment and I'm not going to bash UFC fighters just because I grew up watching Pride.

You should all be very proud of yourselves. You are the worst fans MMA has ever seen.

And before people come in insulting me again for bashing people who read this, if it doesn't apply to you, it isn't directed to you. You know who you are.

I'm honestly curious. What gratification do you clowns get out of bashing legends who put their body through hell for your satisfaction?

UFC fan boys on here continuously bash Pride and it's fighters like they get some sense of false gratification out of doing so. Do you fight in the UFC? Do you own the UFC? What glory do you get by sitting on your Laz-e Boy recliner with a bag of chips' date=' a 12 pack of beer and a UFC 100 poster on your wall, ordering up the next UFC PPV and saying "ha! Look at that Pride guy lose! He's a nobody!"

I got news for you, that "nobody" has millions of fans, tons of money, a hot wife, multiple belts and one of the greatest careers in history. You got nothing but a Dell Dimension 3000 and an opinion. Unfortunately the internet allows you to spread your worthless opinion to a broad number of people without actually having to be anyone important. Ah, the days before the internet when you actually had to be somebody to babble on about your opinion to millions of people.

You guys sit here fighting tooth and nail to give your self some false sense of superiority. What glory comes of that? You had nothing to do with it. It reminds me of video game nerds arguing that their piece of plastic and chips is better than your piece of plastic and chips.

Even if you think Pride fighters aren't the greatest fighters how can you bash guys who put on some of the most exciting fights in history? Isn't that what being a fan is all about? Isn't being a true fan about supporting the fighters who risk life and limb to entertain you? Are you that unappreciative that you're going to down play them because you weren't around MMA long enough to know Pride when it existed? Because you take some false sense of satisfaction out of fighters you get to watch growing up being "better" than the ones we did?

I got news for you, UFC fighters didn't do well in Pride, either. Guys like Wandy and Nog have simply been in too many wars. And Nog is still 3-1 in the UFC and a former HW champion. Anyone who questions Shogun when, even if you thought he lost to Machida, still put up a better fight than anyone in the UFC did. Henderson is 0-2 against Pride Fighters in the UFC and 3-0 against UFC fighters. Rampage is a former LHW champion and has 1 loss in the UFC. Anderson Silva went 3-2 in Pride and 10-0 in the UFC. There are plenty of facts that make both points. But why bother? All of these fighters do the same thing - they fight for my entertainment and I'm not going to bash UFC fighters just because I grew up watching Pride.

You should all be very proud of yourselves. You are the worst fans MMA has ever seen.

And before people come in insulting me again for bashing people who read this, if it doesn't apply to you, it isn't directed to you. You know who you are.[/quote']

I couldn't agree more with you though I wouldn't have come off as so harsh. LOL.

^ I don't even think whoever moved this took the time to read it. There are like 4 threads on the first few poages of the UFC section about Pride. Most of them bashing Pride' date=' but I suppose that's ok. smh.[/quote']

YOU CAN'T STOP THE HYPE MACHINE... Guess having billionaires backing you org will do wonders for a small sport, huh?

UFC fan boys on here continuously bash Pride and it's fighters like they get some sense of false gratification out of doing so. Do you fight in the UFC? Do you own the UFC? What glory do you get by sitting on your Laz-e Boy recliner with a bag of chips' date=' a 12 pack of beer and a UFC 100 poster on your wall, ordering up the next UFC PPV and saying "ha! Look at that Pride guy lose! He's a nobody!"

I got news for you, UFC fighters didn't do well in Pride, either. Guys like Wandy and Nog have simply been in too many wars. And Nog is still 3-1 in the UFC and a former HW champion. Anyone who questions Shogun when, even if you thought he lost to Machida, still put up a better fight than anyone in the UFC did. Henderson is 0-2 against Pride Fighters in the UFC and 3-0 against UFC fighters. Rampage is a former LHW champion and has 1 loss in the UFC. Anderson Silva went 3-2 in Pride and 10-0 in the UFC. Belfort came in and KOd a former UFC champion in the first round/ There are plenty of facts that make both points. But why bother? All of these fighters do the same thing - they fight for my entertainment and I'm not going to bash UFC fighters just because I grew up watching Pride.

And before people come in insulting me again for bashing people who read this, if it doesn't apply to you, it isn't directed to you. You know who you are.[/quote']

Great points and all well said, but too bad no one who this would apply to even come here and even if they did accidentally make it to this side of the forum they would never even be able to figure out what the hell you were even talking about!

And then they'd post some ****-erotic Brock gif and go on about how they showed you!

People with no sense of history really drive me insane. I think alot of people are in for a shock in the upcoming year when all of these "washed up" PRIDE fighters have acclimated to fighting in the octagon and in the states and wreck all their overblown images of the "TUF Generation".

The surgery on Wandi was much more than just cosmetic, Shogun is back to 100%, though I do think Machida will beat him again, I don't think anyone else will, Rampage is going to murder Rashad then maybe he gets back in contention, Lil Nog is gonna run roughshod over all, Big Nog is back to health and better than ever in my estimation. Gomi will make an impact, Yvel, Arona maybe.

I see big things in the future for all these guys who are washed up and past their prime when most are just entering their thirties!

Great points and all well said' date=' [b']but too bad no one who this would apply to even come here[/b] and even if they did accidentally make it to this side of the forum they would never even be able to figure out what the hell you were even talking about!

And then they'd post some ****-erotic Brock gif and go on about how they showed you!

People with no sense of history really drive me insane. I think alot of people are in for a shock in the upcoming year when all of these "washed up" PRIDE fighters have acclimated to fighting in the octagon and in the states and wreck all their overblown images of the "TUF Generation".

The surgery on Wandi was much more than just cosmetic, Shogun is back to 100%, though I do think Machida will beat him again, I don't think anyone else will, Rampage is going to murder Rashad then maybe he gets back in contention, Lil Nog is gonna run roughshod over all, Big Nog is back to health and better than ever in my estimation. Gomi will make an impact, Yvel, Arona maybe.

I see big things in the future for all these guys who are washed up and past their prime when most are just entering their thirties!

Bolded for truth.

As for the rest of your post, I agree except for 2 things. Machida beating Shogun. And the word "again". Everything else is spot on, though. UFC really should pick up the Brazilian Tiger.

Great points and all well said' date=' but too bad no one who this would apply to even come here and even if they did accidentally make it to this side of the forum they would never even be able to figure out what the hell you were even talking about!

I see big things in the future for all these guys who are washed up and past their prime when most are just entering their thirties![/quote']

NO ****IN WAY!!! Dana says the best fighters are in the UFC, SINCE DAY 1!!! What a ****in joke , these TUF fans.

[b']I got news for you, that "nobody" has millions of fans, tons of money, a hot wife, multiple belts and one of the greatest careers in history. You got nothing but a Dell Dimension 3000 and an opinion. Unfortunately the internet allows you to spread your worthless opinion to a broad number of people without actually having to be anyone important. Ah, the days before the internet when you actually had to be somebody to babble on about your opinion to millions of people.

You guys sit here fighting tooth and nail to give your self some false sense of superiority. What glory comes of that? You had nothing to do with it. It reminds me of video game nerds arguing that their piece of plastic and chips is better than your piece of plastic and chips. [/b]

And before people come in insulting me again for bashing people who read this, if it doesn't apply to you, it isn't directed to you. You know who you are.

Man this is just epic. Damn right about Keyboard Warriors.

Let Rampage sum up for us:

I wouldn't go as far as UFC is crap but saying that Pride/Pride Fighters didn't/don't have any relevance is unreal. PRIDE had a better HW/LHW (Pride MW) division for a long time.

In Pride, if you wanted to fight someone it was granted, no questions asked.

In the ufc, except for a few, you have to get pass hurdle A, then swim through the shark-infested pool, then enter the lions den, then make it through the snake-filled maze, and after all that, you'll have to summon the courage to kiss Dana's ****.

Some people think that the signature on the paycheck determines the quality of the fighter. Fighters make fights, where the fight takes place means absolutely nothing.

No matter what a promoter says leading up to "the biggest fight in history", there are only 2 people that can determine if that becomes reality. I have witnessed some epic fights between legendary fighters. Some have taken place in America, others in Japan. The writing on the canvas added nothing to the fights.

I dont eat chips , have a Laz-e Boy recliner, drink beer or have a UFC 100 poster.

I eat grilled food and veg, a standard chair, drink water or red wine (Cab Sav) and dont have posters.

Pride is/was excellent. The ex-Pride fighters are getting on in age now. Thats life.

Liddel, Tito, Franklin, Hughs are all in the same boat as Mirko, Wandy ect. Im sure Tripeforce has the same issues too.

Football, Baseball it does not matter. When you are up and the best, everyone loves you. When you loose, everyone gets off.

THATS LIFE. HARDEN UP.

nobody gives a ****ing **** about pride its done never will come back so leave it at that the pride talent is very good i will give you that but honestley you jsut went on about how you haev to be someone for your opinion to count well who the fucj are you shut the **** up and just enjoy the forums we cnahate all we want on pride fightrers i personally only like big nog silva and rampage cro cop pissees me off so overrated he never was good and oh dont even get me started you are a failur at life tryign to convince people when you state that we have stupid opinions who are you just really do everyone a favour and **** the **** up

You should be banned for life. You have a ton of class.

nobody gives a ****ing **** about pride its done never will come back so leave it at that the pride talent is very good i will give you that but honestley you jsut went on about how you haev to be someone for your opinion to count well who the fucj are you shut the **** up and just enjoy the forums we cnahate all we want on pride fightrers i personally only like big nog silva and rampage cro cop pissees me off so overrated he never was good and oh dont even get me started you are a failur at life tryign to convince people when you state that we have stupid opinions who are you just really do everyone a favour and **** the **** up

When youre talking to people in the halls between geometry and environmental science class, do people look at you funny with a "how did this guy graduate middle school?" sort of face?

You're not going to last long here. It was nice knowing you.

I dont eat chips ' date=' have a Laz-e Boy recliner, drink beer or have a UFC 100 poster.

I eat grilled food and veg, a standard chair, drink water or red wine (Cab Sav) and dont have posters.

Pride is/was excellent. The ex-Pride fighters are getting on in age now. Thats life.

Liddel, Tito, Franklin, Hughs are all in the same boat as Mirko, Wandy ect. Im sure Tripeforce has the same issues too.

Football, Baseball it does not matter. When you are up and the best, everyone loves you. When you loose, everyone gets off.

THATS LIFE. HARDEN UP.[/quote']

I don't think you understood my post fully if you had to inform me age was playing a factor and tell me to "harden up". I already stated the exact same thing.

Won't even bother responding to the Lesnar dude.

Atta boy Alpha....

What I find funny, is that these clowns who haven't seen a full single fight from Pride, talk about it like it was ancient history. Somehow 10 years removed......hello.....noobs.....it's only been just over two years......2 years is nothing. Hell Lesnard will have not fought for half that time......wake up, know your history nubs.

You're not going to last long here. It was nice knowing you.

you should be a comedian you have tons of jokes good one ******

LESNAR16TERD,

Your parents should have taught you better. I hope the mods ban you from posting here. You have ZERO class.

Your user name includes "FTW" so do yourself a favor and leave the World you obviously hate so much.

You won't be missed.

LESNAR16TERD' date='

Your parents should have taught you better. I hope the mods ban you from posting here. You have ZERO class.

Your user name includes "FTW" so do yourself a favor and leave the World you obviously hate so much.

You won't be missed.[/quote']

if i hate pride let me hate it i dont give a **** about what you hate last tiem i chcked freedom of expression shtut the **** up i will hate what i want i do not like pride thank you

LESNAR16TERD' date='

You won't be missed.[/quote']

Just a guess, but I don't think he's Emo. So his name would break down to

"Lesnar" is my favorite fighter,

"16" thats how old I am,

"FTW" For the win.

Common gamer slang for "I don't really have anything constructive to say, and no one pays attention to me, not even my own parents, so I troll the internet looking for approval from strangers."

if i hate pride let me hate it i dont give a **** about what you hate last tiem i chcked freedom of expression shtut the **** up i will hate what i want i do not like pride thank you

Proof that the No Child Left Behind policy is not working for America's youth.

I'm going into teaching and I'll tell you first hand the No Child left behind act is doing more harm than before. Arnold should be removed from office.

I am currently in education and the no child left behind act does not work the way they expected it to. I see more kids who cannot read, do simple math, and their spelling skills are not good. This needs to be done away with, but it will not be because it protects schools.

Archived