Kimbo Slice

bklaus50

who the **** did he fight in mma career that he couldn't of knocked the fck out. All of mma opponents were cans refried beans . Including roy who got dominated via stand up in all his tuf fights.

I want to respect kimbo but can't. He is clearly receiving special treatment and Dana's BS about being impressed by a guy who got crucifixed twice in the same fight is so transparent its rediculous. What he wants to do is cash in on people like you who watched his youtube fights and were impressed by his ability to knockout non professional tough guys in backyards.

Kimbo has beaten no one of any substance and his victory over Houston is hollow at best. Who cares if he could theoretically knock someone out? You could theoretically dangle an elephant over the end of a cliff and support its weight with the stem of a dandelion but lets see you do it? My point is until I see him actually knocking people out and being treated like what he is as a fighter I will not respect the guy.

I want to respect kimbo but can't. He is clearly receiving special treatment and Dana's BS about being impressed by a guy who got crucifixed twice in the same fight is so transparent its rediculous. What he wants to do is cash in on people like you who watched his youtube fights and were impressed by his ability to knockout non professional tough guys in backyards.

Kimbo has beaten no one of any substance and his victory over Houston is hollow at best. Who cares if he could theoretically knock someone out? You could theoretically dangle an elephant over the end of a cliff and support its weight with the stem of a dandelion but lets see you do it? My point is until I see him actually knocking people out and being treated like what he is as a fighter I will not respect the guy.

Amen. What's funny to me though, is in most of his Youtube fights I watched, he never flat out KO'd anyone. These guys are your typical tough guy neighbor, not pros, not even amateurs. And they are bare knuckle boxing! He's always beatin guys into submission pretty much, or got TKOs.

who the **** did he fight in mma career that he couldn't of knocked the fck out. All of mma opponents were cans refried beans . Including roy who got dominated via stand up in all his tuf fights.

Kimbo should have a rematch and knock fat A$$ out :)

You guys are drawing conclusions from youtube street fight videos? Those fights are against random guys that think they're tough.

Anyway' date=' he'd probably do better in HW because it's the weakest division as far as talent goes, and LHW is probably the most competetive.[/quote']

i agree

eh..i like kimbo as a person..hes different than i thought he would be..and after TUF you cant deny he is willing to learn and improve..he is a humble dude...i think given some time kimbo may be alright..but it looks like he has lost that killer instinct as well..i know it was youtube but he enjoyed hurting people you could tell..he seems as another poster said "gun shy" now days..

i hate roy nelson..the dude squeaks out wins i cant wait to see him get killed in the ufc...

In any weight class, Kimbo is a no no. Please give his UFC contract to someone up and coming and does not have arthritis and may have prospects, because Kimbo doesn't. Sean Gannon beat him in a street fight, and we all remember how his one and only UFC fight went. This should have made alarm bells ring to anyone thinking of putting him up against trained pros. Kimbo has his place, and it is in a Florida car park. As a guy I quite like him and I don't like to see him lose, but thats is what will happen.

Bah, I used to think he was just a street thug, but he seemed really cool on TUF, plus everyone there said no one is more willing to learn and no harder of a worker than Kimbo. I don't see him wearing gold. But you never know, give that guy a year or two and he may be one hell of a gatekeeper.

You never know. Prejudging people is retarted. Alexander is the biggest name Kimbo has fought so far and he won. He's missing some of his killer instinct for sure. But give him some time, he's still in learning mode. He could end up being great.

Judge him all you want, but he beat a legit gatekeeper in the UFC, he's fighting in the UFC and making solid money doing it. Some of you are sitting behind a keyboard judging him. So there ya go. He's doing what you can't. Doesn't that just burn you up??? lol.

Judge him all you want' date=' but he beat a legit gatekeeper in the UFC, he's fighting in the UFC and making solid money doing it. Some of you are sitting behind a keyboard judging him. So there ya go. He's doing what you can't. Doesn't that just burn you up??? lol.[/quote']

No, not even slightly. He does seem like a good guy, as I said, but the guy has arthritis FFS! I hope he makes a lot of money, he has probably made a fair bit already, but to get more, he needs to win. We will see. And I saw more aggression on Dancing With The Stars than in the Houston fight. I was behind him 110% in that fight, but even against a pure stand up guy he was tentative. Imagine him against someone who is even only approaching having a ground game. He is too old to learn how to be truely effective on the ground, he has never needed to have a ground game and that aspect is alien to him. But hey, lets wait and see. Of course he will never win a title, and if you are refering to Houston as a gatekeeper I think you are being a bit generous.

Stop hating on the man. 90% of don't even stay in shape let alone train. He's evolving like every other fighter. Not like it matters anyways. Whether you want him to win or lose, you're still watching him and you still paid the $45 PPV fee because he's exciting to watch (usually). That's all they care about. None of you complain about Tank Abbot and he was just a street fighter. Get over it. Wirerat's got the right idea. And hotmetal45, Daley doesn't have **** for a ground game, yet everyone is still all over his sack.

Stop hating on the man. 90% of don't even stay in shape let alone train. He's evolving like every other fighter. Not like it matters anyways. Whether you want him to win or lose' date=' you're still watching him and you still paid the $45 PPV fee because he's exciting to watch (usually). That's all they care about. None of you complain about Tank Abbot and he was just a street fighter. Get over it. Wirerat's got the right idea. And hotmetal45, Daley doesn't have **** for a ground game, yet everyone is still all over his sack.[/quote']

I'm not. But I think he is a more serious contender in his class than Kimbo. And I don't pay $45 per ppv, I pay ?9 a month for UFC Main cards and Fight Nights. And he still has arthritis.

Most fighters have some sort of injury that they cope with that doesn't mean they should lose there contract. LOL.

They are putting him against cans to let him learn and train more at American Top Team which is an amazing camp. Give him awhile and he will learn.

I honestly hope he submits Mitrione just to shock us all. Kimbo by rear naked choke? LOL We'd $hit ourselves

Archived