Brock at 220lbs now. Could he fight at 205lbs?

Die_Manic

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=news.detail&gid=211910

What are your thoughts on Brock fighting at 205lbs now he is at 220lbs. He will pump tons of iron to get back up to his fighting weight but how much of a spanner in the works would it be if he fought at 205lbs now.

What would Mir do? Drop down too or just say that Brock is running from him...

Brock is not at 220lbs. I have concrete evidence to suggest that claim isn't true by the author of that article himself..

It was a BS blog post started at the Underground, The author of the post himself did it just to attract attention to his blog.

From the guy who wrote that article:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&forum=1&thread=1582869&page=2

I wrote the story, so perhaps I can answer some of the questions.

There is no concrete information coming out of Brock's camp. For every person who tells you that he's already back to training and will be fighting soon, another will tell you that he may never fight again. It's impossible to get a straight story because of Brock's huge desire for privacy, which is why I decided to put both sides of the story in there.

The story about Brock being less than 220 pounds was overblown, but he has lost weight and is probably 250 pounds legitimately at this point.

The only thing I know is that, as of yesterday afternoon, Brock still hadn't made a decision on what he is going to do. He WILL fight again, that much is for certain. The decision he has to make is if he's going to go ahead, start training hard and try to prepare for a summer comeback and hope everything with his new diet works out. He could go that route, or he could decide that simply changing his diet isn't helping and have the major surgery. If that's the case, he would probably be out at least 18 more months.

There's also the fact that Dana is now denying that he's doing a press conference with Brock next week, despite the fact that he was the one to reveal that news in the first place.

I suspect that Brock will make this decision sometime in the next few weeks, but who knows?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it's BS.

Anybody who has an account at Sherdog (I don't feel like starting a new one), start a thread and post this info. This misinformation being spread around is idiotic.

What are your thoughts on Brock fighting at 205lbs now he is at 220lbs. He will pump tons of iron to get back up to his fighting weight but how much of a spanner in the works would it be if he fought at 205lbs now.

What would Mir do? Drop down too or just say that Brock is running from him...

Mir would get downright ****y and say crap like that...

Lesnar is waaaay too big for a 205 frame.

BTW, SCO, I'm sorry for flaming you so bad, buddy. I was trying to piss you off but now I feel bad. :( :P

Thanks for the info SCO. I thought if he had lost that much weight' date=' he would never get back up. The reporter should be shot. Cheers for the clear up.[/quote']No prob.

Just do me a favor. Anybody who has an account at Sherdog (I don't feel like starting a new one), start a thread and post this info. This misinformation being spread around is idiotic.

Brock is not at 220lbs. I have concrete evidence to suggest that claim isn't true by the author of that article himself..

It was a BS blog post started at the Underground' date=' The author of the post himself did it just to attract attention to his blog.

From the guy who wrote that article:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&forum=1&thread=1582869&page=2

[i']

I wrote the story, so perhaps I can answer some of the questions.

There is no concrete information coming out of Brock's camp. For every person who tells you that he's already back to training and will be fighting soon, another will tell you that he may never fight again. It's impossible to get a straight story because of Brock's huge desire for privacy, which is why I decided to put both sides of the story in there.

The story about Brock being less than 220 pounds was overblown, but he has lost weight and is probably 250 pounds legitimately at this point.

The only thing I know is that, as of yesterday afternoon, Brock still hadn't made a decision on what he is going to do. He WILL fight again, that much is for certain. The decision he has to make is if he's going to go ahead, start training hard and try to prepare for a summer comeback and hope everything with his new diet works out. He could go that route, or he could decide that simply changing his diet isn't helping and have the major surgery. If that's the case, he would probably be out at least 18 more months.

There's also the fact that Dana is now denying that he's doing a press conference with Brock next week, despite the fact that he was the one to reveal that news in the first place.

I suspect that Brock will make this decision sometime in the next few weeks, but who knows?[/i]

Thats what i call info :eek:

I think Brock needs a break. Everyone has more or less treated him like dirt all his life, and obviously he tends to have some projection issues due to it.

Sure, he probably weighs 250lbs. now, but that's not his natural weight. He's a big guy naturally, and he'll most likely regain the weight, over time. You can't expect the guy to go back to benching 600lbs. when he just got out of the hospital after being in there for months. This isn't some cheesy Steven Segal movie. Give Brock atleast 4 months, and I guarantee he will sail back up to 280lbs.

I think Brock needs a break. Everyone has more or less treated him like dirt all his life' date=' and obviously he tends to have some projection issues due to it.

Sure, he probably weighs 250lbs. now, but that's not his natural weight. He's a big guy naturally, and he'll most likely regain the weight, over time. You can't expect the guy to go back to benching 600lbs. when he just got out of the hospital after being in there for months. This isn't some cheesy Steven Segal movie. Give Brock atleast 4 months, and I guarantee he will sail back up to 280lbs.[/quote']

LMAO. I actually watched "Hard to Kill" with Steven Segal today and was impressed with his quick recovery. hahaha

Isnt there a Press conference...set with Brock for Tuesday? Where is is suppose to announce his condition etc.?

I thought that is what Greg Nelson has said in a recent interview.

It would be cool if he invited Mir to the Press Conference.......so Broc can get a 1st hand look at Mir at 284 lbs...and Brock now at 250 lbs.

If Lesnar was at 220' date=' he'd be on death watch. That's more than 25% of his body weight lost....no chance. I'd guess 20-40 lbs at most.

Odds are though, he'll never fight again though...and if he does. it'll be in Abu Dhabi fighting Arabs in scripted MMA matches....[/quote']Yes odds are that he'll never fight again when every credible source has said that he will definitely fight again.

Umm' date=' when and where did I bring up Fedor?[/quote']

Jeff you crack me up... also to the poster above, even if Brock opponent (Mir, Fedor) were to bring his leg around Brocks arm, and perhaps subbed him, Brock left hand his holding down Mir's right leg making that move impossible.

Unless I'm misunderstanding?

Brock is smaller, I could have told you that. Muscle has a unique way of regaining previous structure. The hard work Brock has put into the gym is not dust in the wind, he will have therapy for a couple months then he will start lifting again.

Archived