Rashad vs. Rampage

bklaus50

Likely for 113.

I think rashad did a great job getting the fight with Thiago to prepare himself for Rampage. Have similar stand-up but way different ground.

I think rashad win if it goes the distance but the chances of Rashad winning by stoppage is unlikly but rashad did just get his black belt??

I love how because Rashad went the distance for the first time in over two years people suddenly think he's incapable of finishing fights. Rashad has more than enough credentials to finish Rampage by either T(KO) or submission, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

With that said, I think Rashad will win via T(KO).

I love how because Rashad went the distance for the first time in over two years people suddenly think he's incapable of finishing fights. Rashad has more than enough credentials to finish Rampage by either T(KO) or submission' date=' it's not out of the realm of possibility.

With that said, I think Rashad will win via T(KO).[/quote']

I don't think anyone doubts Rashad's ability to finish a fight.

That said, I think everyone is doubting Rashad being able to finish Rampage, or even take him down.

i like how ppl are saying rashad could take him down and submit him lol he has never even atemped a submission in his mma existance but he is gonna make rampage tap when forest, hendo, or jardine did not lol i dont care if he just got his bjj black belt he has never shown any submission skills rampage will knock him out cold

I'm definitely a Rashad fan, but I think the only way he can beat Rampage is to take it to a decision. He would have to leg kick and take down Rampage to win on the judges score cards. Machida and Silva are hard strikers, but Quinton throws heavy leather with bad intentions. I see first round KO by Jackson or decision by Evans.

i like how ppl are saying rashad could take him down and submit him lol he has never even atemped a submission in his mma existance but he is gonna make rampage tap when forest' date=' hendo, or jardine did not lol i dont care if he just got his bjj black belt he has never shown any submission skills rampage will knock him out cold[/quote']

they people that say evans will submit jackson never saw the rampage jackson from pride period

I love how because Rashad went the distance for the first time in over two years people suddenly think he's incapable of finishing fights. Rashad has more than enough credentials to finish Rampage by either T(KO) or submission' date=' it's not out of the realm of possibility.

With that said, I think Rashad will win via T(KO).[/quote']

So do I UNLESS the old school Rampage shows up... the pre-UFC Rampage. Then it's anyone's game.

Cindy

The only reason I want to see this fight is due to the colossal amount of smack talk that has transpired between these two fighters. I can't help but to appreciate a an "all out grudge match".

I want this to be a action packed throwdown. But I don't think it will happen that way. I see Rashad winning this bout by unamious decision. Or by TKO in 2nd, if Rampage gases out early.

I'm definitely a Rashad fan' date=' but I think the only way he can beat Rampage is to take it to a decision. He would have to leg kick and take down Rampage to win on the judges score cards. Machida and Silva are hard strikers, but Quinton throws heavy leather with bad intentions. I see first round KO by Jackson or decision by Evans.[/quote']

I can see a definate win for Rashad unless Rampage ko's him......Forest took Rampage the distance, and Forest isnt quite as explosive as Rashad, and Forest doesnt have the punching power Rashad has......Forest has been KO'd a few times, and Evans only loss was to Machida........... Despite Rashad being ****y, I think Rampage needs an attitude adjustment after TUF 10 show............We all know Rampage didnt wanna be on the show to begin with..Well he shoulda never accepted the offer, and saved himself the respect he lost

After I saw Rashads's last fight, I'm certain that Rampage will crush him. Rashad has tasted the bitter taste of defeat in the Machida fight, and is not so cookie any more, at least not in the fights. And since Rashad and only Rashad thinks that he is the top 205 pounder, he will now face some real competition. His only legitimate win was over Griffin, witch isn't that great of a deal. With Ortiz a draw!!! With Bisping a split decision!!! Everyone knows that Chuck was out of his prime when he Rashad knocked him. Who are his other great opponents? Salmon, Lambert? LOOL. And finally when he gets a legitimate opponent in Machida, he gets KTFO.

On the Thiago fight, he was just ridicules. He dident hand out any punches, any submissions attempt or any other attempts to end the fight. He won just for hes throw downs, scoring points just like in a wrestling match, beacuase he got no other skills, and the UFC is mixed martial arts, not just one skill. UFC fans dont want to see wrestling match. Rashad isnt a fighter, he is a wrestler. Matt Hughes was also a wrestler, but he ended the fights. But Rampage on the other hand is a genuine fighter that meet the whose who in the MMA world. He has a lot more tools than Rashad. I guaranty you this, Rampage will crush Rashad. You maybe noticed how much I dislike Rashad, but let me make it more clear. I never hated a TV personalty as much as I hate Rashad. There, i got it out of my chest

On the Thiago fight' date=' he was just ridicules. He dident hand out any punches, any submissions attempt or any other attempts to end the fight. He won just for hes throw downs, scoring points just like in a wrestling match, beacuase he got no other skills, and the UFC is mixed martial arts, not just one skill. UFC fans dont want to see wrestling match. Rashad isnt a fighter, he is a wrestler. Matt Hughes was also a wrestler, but he ended the fights. But Rampage on the other hand is a genuine fighter that meet the whose who in the MMA world. He has a lot more tools than Rashad. I guaranty you this, Rampage will crush Rashad. You maybe noticed how much I dislike Rashad, but let me make it more clear. I never hated a TV personalty as much as I hate Rashad. There, i got it out of my chest[/quote']

Rashad is more rounded then rampange,.....

but teh rampage ftw...

It's funny that people think Rashad will beat Rampage. Rashad has nothing going for him going in this fight.Randleman and Hendo couldn't take him down(or if they did they worked hard for it, it's been a long time since I watched those fights). Rashad won't be able to take Rampage down.Even if he does take him down, he won't be able to hold him there long enough to win. And he will never submit Rampage. Rampage has fought guys with much better JJ than Rashad(He probably got his black belt from a happy meal at McDonald) and wasn't submitted.Rashad won't be able to bang with Rampage. Rampage throws a lot harder than anyone who Rashad has fought so far. And with Rashad's chin being more and more suspect, it's just getting worse. Rampage by brutal KO in round 2.

Likely for 113.

I think rashad did a great job getting the fight with Thiago to prepare himself for Rampage. Have similar stand-up but way different ground.

I think rashad win if it goes the distance but the chances of Rashad winning by stoppage is unlikly but rashad did just get his black belt??

ps jackson is a great wrestler and would have no problem with rashads wrestling

it's funny that people think rashad will beat rampage. Rashad has nothing going for him going in this fight.randleman and hendo couldn't take him down(or if they did they worked hard for it' date=' it's been a long time since i watched those fights). Rashad won't be able to take rampage down.even if he does take him down, he won't be able to hold him there long enough to win. And he will never submit rampage. Rampage has fought guys with much better jj than rashad(he probably got his black belt from a happy meal at mcdonald) and wasn't submitted.rashad won't be able to bang with rampage. Rampage throws a lot harder than anyone who rashad has fought so far. And with rashad's chin being more and more suspect, it's just getting worse. Rampage by brutal ko in round 2.[/quote']

+346,287,647,326,826,348,762,873,468,726,387,468,294,873,957,984,758,937,957,948

yeah and did u see the shot he took from thiago? did u see the shot he took from machida? HUH? stfu u stupid piece of ****

You mean the HEAVY BOMB that Thiago landed SQUARE on the chin.. and it STILL didn't drop Rashad?

Puhhhhh-leeeeease!! Rashad's chin is durable. It gets an A+ from me.

Had Thiago landed that punch on most other guys' date=' they would have likely went to sleep.

After I saw Rashads's last fight, I'm certain that Rampage will crush him. Rashad has tasted the bitter taste of defeat in the Machida fight, and is not so cookie any more, at least not in the fights. And since Rashad and only Rashad thinks that he is the top 205 pounder, he will now face some real competition. His only legitimate win was over Griffin, witch isn't that great of a deal. With Ortiz a draw!!! With Bisping a split decision!!! Everyone knows that Chuck was out of his prime when he Rashad knocked him. Who are his other great opponents? Salmon, Lambert? LOOL. And finally when he gets a legitimate opponent in Machida, he gets KTFO.

Spoken like a true n00b. The fact that you think Machida (who happens to be UFC LHW champion) is Rashad's only 'legitimate' opponent, shows that you really have no idea what you're talking about. I guess Machida has never had a 'legitimate' opponent in his career.

Rashad has improved drastically since his fights with Ortiz and Bisping, and neither one of them would likely last past the 2nd round if they were to fight again.

The fact is, Rashad's striking is very underrated. He didn't show much of it in the fight with Thiago, but rest assured, it will be on display when he fights Rampage.

Rashad WILL knock him out, as Rampage will have no answer for Rashad's speed.

You mean the HEAVY BOMB that Thiago landed SQUARE on the chin.. and it STILL didn't drop Rashad?

Puhhhhh-leeeeease!! Rashad's chin is durable. It gets an A+ from me.

Had Thiago landed that punch on most other guys' date=' they would have likely went to sleep.

Spoken like a true n00b. The fact that you think Machida (who happens to be UFC LHW champion) is Rashad's only 'legitimate' opponent, shows that you really have no idea what you're talking about. I guess Machida has never had a 'legitimate' opponent in his career.

Rashad has improved drastically since his fights with Ortiz and Bisping, and neither one of them would likely last past the 2nd round if they were to fight again.

The fact is, Rashad's striking is very underrated. He didn't show much of it in the fight with Thiago, but rest assured, it will be on display when he fights Rampage.

[b']Rashad WILL knock him out[/b], as Rampage will have no answer for Rashad's speed.

Ha...ha.....hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha. Unless he goes for like 15 knees and has one of the best thai clinch you'll ever see it's not going to happen.

The right hand that landed on Liddell's chin' date=' would have put anyone, INCLUDING Rampage, out cold.[/quote']

Amen sir. Absolutely correct.

People talk about Fedor's shot to Rogers being some huge shot. Seriously..it wasn't..it was decent...but nothing to write home about considering the entire history of MMA.

BUT...the shot Rashad landed on Chuck...THAT **** came staight outta hell bro.

If Rashad fights tentative like he did against...Silva...I think it may be a matter of time before Jackson lands a big one.

But if the Rashad who fought Forrest and Liddell comes out...willing to trade..and go for the kill...I pick Rashad.

Prior to the T. Silva fight...I was picking Rashad to win. After...I am a bit concerned because you can't fight that way against Rampage...if he's healthy he'll catch you.

But all that considered...with the personal beef here...and with Rashad needing this past win to validate himself. I am still picking Rashad to win..and speed is the major factor in my decision.

Cheers

-DR

The right hand that landed on Liddell's chin' date=' would have put anyone, INCLUDING Rampage, out cold.[/quote']

It took 19 knees/kicks + a couple of punches for Wanderlei to TKO Rampage. That's not even a KO, it's a TKO. Are you seriously saying that this 1 punch will do more damage than 19 knees/kicks and some extra punches.

It took 19 knees/kicks + a couple of punches for Wanderlei to TKO Rampage. That's not even a KO' date=' it's a TKO. Are you seriously saying that this 1 punch will do more damage than 19 knees/kicks and some extra punches.[/quote']

More damage as far as bruising, swelling, tissue damage and cuts? No.

But would it KTFOutta any homosapien? Yes.

You don't need to maul someone to KO them. You just have to get the head to move fast enough to concuss their brain...one clean shot.

And if Evans landed that shot on Jackson/Fedor/My Mom *chuckle* etc...yes I believe he would have been done.

Cheers

-DR

I don't know how people can even think that Rashad will knock Rampage out. Rashad is a nice guy' date=' but Rampage would KO the mother****er out within the first round.[/quote']

Oh make no mistake...I think either guy can KO the other. I'd even go so far as to say that Jackson has better odds of KOing Evans..than the other way around.

That said...I think Evans takes this...primarily because of a speed advantage...I don't know that Evan's will KO Rampage but I think he can take a decision of course...but I don't think that's what he'll go for...you don't settle beef like this on points...you settle it by domination...so...we'll see what happens. I could very well see Evans getting off a couple good shots..and slow Rampage down enough for him to earn a clear decision.

Cheers

-DR

No seXXXpac' date=' this is what happens when Rashad hits Chuck right on the chin.

This, is what it takes to TKO Rampage.

[img']http://fightgifs.com/sites/default/files/wanderlei_kos_rampage.gif?1246392526[/img]

Are you aware of how a knockout occurs?

There's a difference between having your brain rattled (knees from Wandy) and having your head and neck snap too far around (punch from Rashad).

For a similar comparison, look at Anderson Silva VS Rich Franklin, and compare that to Hendo VS Bisping.

Oh make no mistake...I think either guy can KO the other. I'd even go so far as to say that Jackson has better odds of KOing Evans..than the other way around.

That said...I think Evans takes this...primarily because of a speed advantage...I don't know that Evan's will KO Rampage but I think he can take a decision of course...but I don't think that's what he'll go for...you don't settle beef like this on points...you settle it by domination...so...we'll see what happens. I could very well see Evans getting off a couple good shots..and slow Rampage down enough for him to earn a clear decision.

Cheers

-DR

True, but I believe the only way Evans can win is if he fights highly defensive and just scores with a few punches, kicks and takedowns and lets the fight go the full distance, making it a boring fight.

Rampage on the other hand has nothing to loose, his going to go out there and try to kill Rashad

Are you aware of how a knockout occurs?

There's a difference between having your brain rattled (knees from Wandy) and having your head and neck snap too far around (punch from Rashad).

For a similar comparison' date=' look at Anderson Silva VS Rich Franklin, and compare that to Hendo VS Bisping.[/quote']

I am aware, and if you look at that GIF, you can see at least 2 strikes which snapped Rampage's head a whole lot. Yet he was still in it.

True' date=' but I believe the only way Evans can win is if he fights highly defensive and just scores with a few punches, kicks and takedowns and lets the fight go the full distance, making it a boring fight.

Rampage on the other hand has nothing to loose, his going to go out there and try to kill Rashad[/quote']

Rashad will be able to beat Rampage to the punch all night long.

As soon as he gets his timing down, it will be lights out.

True' date=' but I believe the only way Evans can win is if he fights highly defensive and just scores with a few punches, kicks and takedowns and lets the fight go the full distance, making it a boring fight.

Rampage on the other hand has nothing to loose, his going to go out there and try to kill Rashad[/quote']

I don't think it's the ONLY way he can win..but you are right..that it may be the safest and wisest. Other than that I totally agree with what you are saying.

Cheers

-DR

Archived