In what division would you like to see Bj Penn fight his next fight?

doubleindemnity

He need to be at 170 no doubt. Until they bring in the loud mouth's like Melendez from SF for BJ to embarass. Or Aoki etc....there are NO MORE interesting fights for Penn at 155.

And even those fights at 155 for Penn I mentioned...are more about watching Penn shut someone up...that posing a real threat to his title. But at least I'd be excited to watch those....whereas Edgar..Maynard...no...nothing to see.

So yeah..if we want to see Penn actually be challenged he needs to go fight the upper end of the WW's until they can get some viable or at least entertaining challengers at LW.

Cheers

-DR

nope..after he fights frankie edgar and if he wins..he will fight gsp mark my words' date=' obviousely if gsp wins[/quote']

Nah..I don't think it'll be a direct GSP fight. The UFC already allowed that once. I say what's most likely...assuming they don't bring new talent in at 155.

BJ fights...a top 5 WW. If he wins...he fights either another top 5..or a number 1 contender fight...THEN if he wins that...he gets GSP.

But I think at BEST Penn will have to beat an Alves or Fitch before getting another fight with GSP again.

Cheers

-DR

I agree. Tyson Griffen would wreck BJ on the feet.

Tyson outstruck Sean Sherk' date=' who is a world class striker.

On the ground it's 59-50[/quote']

You mean the same Sean Sherk that BJ destroyed on the feet (not just outstruck). Do you remember at the end of the round Bj looking down on Sherk and telling him it was over? Sherk looks all confused and then agrees.

And 50-50 on the ground!?!?!?! (Actually uyou said 59 - 50 so WTF?)

Oh I get it you were jokeing right?

Boosh!

You mean the same Sean Sherk that BJ destroyed on the feet (not just outstruck)

And 50-50 on the ground!?!?!?!

Oh I get it you were jokeing right?

That was the world class wrestling Sean Sherk he did that too.. Sherk at that time, relied soley on his takedowns to win fights. Fighter's with good takedown defense and decent striking have always destroyed wrestlers..

I wasn't impressed with Penn.. I think GSP would agree.

Tyson outstruck Sean Sherk' date=' [b']who is a world class striker[/b].

On the ground it's 59-50

Since when is he a world class striker,

That was the world class wrestling Sean Sherk he did that too.. Sherk at that time' date=' relied soley on his takedowns to win fights. Fighter's with good takedown defense and decent striking have always destroyed wrestlers..

I wasn't impressed with Penn.. I think GSP would agree.[/quote']

And what do you mean you weren't impressed with BJ? When? was it when he made Florian look stupid? Was it when he dismantled Diego? Or was it when he had the stones to go up in weight and face the champ? (don't see GSP doin that)

I still hope you're joking

Boosh!

Defend his belt. I am one of the few who believes that BJ would beat guys like Kos' date=' Daley, Rumble and Fitch but he is the LW champion so he should fight at LW...none of this skip through divisions Anderson Silva junk.[/quote']

this^^

Whats next for Bj Penn?

Would you like him to defend another titleshot at LW

or

Fight some top WW contenders like Alves' date=' Fitch, Kos, Daley

I would like to see him fight some of the WW contenders coz

defending his belt wont be too much exciting IMO. He has beaten all the top LW contenders[/quote']

Daley isn't a top contender until he BEATS a top contender... Which is Koscheck.

I'd love to see Penn move up to welterweight. He would get absolutely worked by any top 5 fighter in that division and it just might silence his delusional fans who think he's much better than he is.

Something tells me BJ will be content to stay at LW for a while, padding his record with wins against weak ex-TUF contestants and failed welterweights.

They have weight classes for a reason. BJ is perfect for LW. WW fighters have a bigger frame. A guy like Anthony Johnson would be a handful for BJ. I think BJ is more skilled than 95% of the WW division but there are some big WW out there. That being said I would love to see BJ challenge himself I just don't think he would walk through most of the division like many people have said.

He has been there and done that. Lost a decision to Machida a while back..I think he weighed in at 190 something pounds...correct me if im wrong.

191 Sir. You were wrong' date=' I corrected you.

nope..after he fights frankie edgar and if he wins..he will fight gsp mark my words, obviousely if gsp wins

Except for the fact that Dana has already come out and said that if he wants another shot at GSP he needs to beat some top contenders first.

Tyson outstruck Sean Sherk' date=' who is a world class striker.

On the ground it's 59-50[/quote']

Nice try. Don't think too many people bought it this time ;)

I'd love to see Penn move up to welterweight. He would get absolutely worked by any top 5 fighter in that division and it just might silence his delusional fans who think he's much better than he is.

Something tells me BJ will be content to stay at LW for a while' date=' padding his record with wins against weak ex-TUF contestants and failed welterweights.[/quote']

Well it's pretty clear somone doesn't like BJ.

Doesn't negate the fact that BJ would most likely have success against alot of the top WW's.

They have weight classes for a reason. BJ is perfect for LW. WW fighters have a bigger frame. A guy like Anthony Johnson would be a handful for BJ. I think BJ is more skilled than 95% of the WW division but there are some big WW out there. That being said I would love to see BJ challenge himself I just don't think he would walk through most of the division like many people have said.

Definitely not "walk through" but he would most certainly present a challenge to any of them.

Let him finish off the division. Granite some think he already has. But there is still a little talent left. Frankie Edgar obviously. Gray Maynard, Nate Diaz, Evan Dunham, Takanori Gomi, Tyson Griffin, Clay Guida, Ross Pearson & George Sotiropoulos are all talented fighters. But these fights may not be the best for Penn because alot of these guys arent as "good" as the Diego Sanchez' and Kenny Florian's. I feel Edgar, Dunham, Griffin, Guida should get their shot eventually but the Welterweight division is stacked already and if Penn goes up it'll be even more stacked. Between Penn, Thiago Alves, Carlos Condit, Paul Daley, Jon Fitch, Dan Hardy, Dustin Hazelett, John Howard, Matt Hughes, Anthony Johnson, Martin Kampmann, Josh Koscheck, Nick Osipczak, Mike Pyle, Amir Sadollah, Ben Saunders, Matt Serra, Mike Swick, & Paulo Thiago. Some of those guys may raise your eyebrows like Condit, Pyle, Howard, Osipczak etc. But they're great fighters. & if BJ does go up the WW division is going to explode with talent cuz their is a large amount of talent already. Either way, it'll be exciting to see what Penn does and the future of the WW division.

As the OP called for. I would like to see BJ fight next @ LW. This is what he's built for.

Bj has had great success in the past @ WW, but the key word is "past." Unless BJ took a lot of time off to move up correctly with cardio he wouldn't hang with the best Wrestlers in the WW division and you could expect the same result as the last GSP fight against guys like Kos, Fitch and Alves who are much bigger and stronger than BJ and well rounded to boot.

Penn should just continue to light up and dominate all comers at LW. Jumping weight is worthless for his legacy...he's already won the WW title once before, no need to try again.

He's a natural LW, and is at his finest here. He should just keep taking whoever Dana throws at him at LW, and solidify his legacy as the greatest LW of all-time.

I can't see BJ at 170 unless he gets another Boutique title fight. 155 is perfect for him, the UFC will just have to recruit more LW's. Making a living at 170 puts BJ in with much bigger stronger guys every 4 months, shorter career, more injuries, ect.

BJ vs Nick Diaz, Kos, Fitch, Alves, Hardy, Karo ..... every fight (guess we'll never see Nick too bad) is a war with guys who are extremely tough, and BJ will have no advantage in size or even speed at 170. BJ has his own division, he should just dominate it as long as he can.

Archived