Don Frye is Back

TVandy

Bleacher report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/328536-juiceboxing-101-don-frye-back-in-the-ufc) is reporting Don Frye has signed a one fight contract with the UFC. With only one fight on the contract I would assume Dana would have an opponent in mind picked for Frye, who do you think it could be and do you think "The Predator" can hang in the modern UFC?

Bleacher report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/328536-juiceboxing-101-don-frye-back-in-the-ufc) is reporting Don Frye has signed a one fight contract with the UFC. With only one fight on the contract I would assume Dana would have an opponent in mind picked for Frye' date=' who do you think it could be and do you think "The Predator" can hang in the modern UFC?[/quote']

James Toney. Mark it down.

Don Frye is not HOF material. And I love Don Frye. Yeah' date=' he's an important part of the UFC history, but he's done nothing HOF worthy.

2 wins over Goodridge and 1 over Tank Abbott isn't really HOF material.

His tilt with Takayama is one of my all-time favs though, love the Predator.[/quote']

The Takayama fight amazes me every time I see it. That fight never gets old!!

Don Frye is not HOF material. And I love Don Frye. Yeah' date=' he's an important part of the UFC history, but he's done nothing HOF worthy.

[b']His tilt with Takayama is one of my all-time favs[/b] though, love the Predator.

Damn! I failed to see this match! Who won and how? Fill me in Ex, brother.

LMFAO @ The UFC signing DOn Frye to a 1 fight contract but telling Fedor "we don't give out 1 fight contracts" when he asked for one to fight the winner of Mir Vs Lesnar 2. This is the final straw. Nobody can say Fedor is ducking when the UFC clearly ducked him.

Btw' date=' Don Frye is the man.[/quote']

I did not know about this do you know where i can find out more?

LMFAO @ The UFC signing DOn Frye to a 1 fight contract but telling Fedor "we don't give out 1 fight contracts" when he asked for one to fight the winner of Mir Vs Lesnar 2. This is the final straw. Nobody can say Fedor is ducking when the UFC clearly ducked him.

lulz on the UFC. Didn't know about this tho, you learn something every day.

Well well, now I know that(DRUMS)......... the UFC is ducking Fedor.

Well well, now I know that(DRUMS)......... the UFC is ducking Fedor.

Edit: God damn it wtf is wrong with posts posting twice.

Well well' date=' now I know that(DRUMS)......... the UFC is ducking Fedor.[/quote']

yes yes. i did not know of this either. very interesting. where is SCO?

Ken Shamrock!!!!!

not a bad idea. They should just bring back all former UFC fighters (shamrock' date='tank,frye, etc.) and have a UFC Classics PPV lol

peter-150x150.jpg

lol +1

His tilt with Takayama is one of my all-time favs though, love the Predator.[/quote']

he was a beast he won two tournaments and only lost in the final of another in a very good fight. he deserves to be in there more than ken shamrock and dan severn, although thats not saying much i deserve to be in there more than them. don frye and frank shamrock need to be in the HOF now.

he was a beast he won two tournaments and only lost in the final of another in a very good fight. he deserves to be in there more than ken shamrock and dan severn' date=' although thats not saying much i deserve to be in there more than them. don frye and frank shamrock need to be in the HOF now.[/quote']

I agree 100%. Ken Shamrocks only real accomplishments were beating up a buncha Asians he outweighed by 30lbs, then he came to the UFC and his claims to fame are a draw with Royce Gracie, and a superfight win over Dan Severn, and beating a buncha nobodies.

Dan Severn?? Meh, nothing really that special, I mean his claim to fame was beating Oleg Taktarov and making a couple of tourney finals..... Mark Coleman was owning people during "The Beasts" best days..

Don Frye won TWO tournaments. Something Dan Severn and Ken "Overrated" Shamrock were incapable of doing.

I think Dana meant we dont give out 1 fight contracts to cash cows... That would clearly make more sense. Im just sayin.

minues gracie, and all the hof members are american wrestlers, coincidence? and they're always talking about hughes with reference to "future hall of famer" perhaps you could make the arguement liddell doesn't fit that category, but his base is still wrestling, just like don frye, whether they deserve to be there or not, they all have this base, am i making a bad call?

Maybe Dana is planning for a new "senior" division?

I have heard rumours that TUF 12 will about that. The big draw will be this two guys fighting to become the next Ultimate fighter. They are now street certified and are looking to become UFC certified.

He isnt fighting for the title thats the difference. The ufc doesn't want someone winning the title then leaving.

I agree 100%. Ken Shamrocks only real accomplishments were beating up a buncha Asians he outweighed by 30lbs' date=' then he came to the UFC and his claims to fame are a draw with Royce Gracie, and a superfight win over Dan Severn, and beating a buncha nobodies.

Dan Severn?? Meh, nothing really that special, I mean his claim to fame was beating Oleg Taktarov and making a couple of tourney finals..... Mark Coleman was owning people during "The Beasts" best days..

Don Frye won TWO tournaments. Something Dan Severn and Ken "Overrated" Shamrock were incapable of doing.[/quote']

Well, it's pretty evident you're misinformed on the origins of the UFC. Not only did Don Frye win TWO tournaments (which was the name of the game in the original days), but he also made it to a third tournament final (loss to Coleman at UFC 10). Making him 2-1 in the UFC tourney (8-1 Overall in tournament competition).

The SAME holds true for Dan Severn. He ALSO won TWO tournaments (UFC 5 and UU 95), and also made it to a THIRD tournament final (loss to Gracie at UFC 4). Also making him 2-1 in the UFC tourney (also 8-1 overall in tournament competition).

You are right about Ken Shamrock however. The man NEVER won a UFC tournament. Ken never even made it to a UFC tourney finals! Making Shamrock 0-3 in the UFC tourney (4-1 overall in tournament competition).

Ken Shamrock is indeed overrated. However he was hugely popular and his popularity did help put the UFC on the map in its early days and later on during the Tito era. He was voted into the UFC Hall of Fame by the fans.

Well, it's pretty evident you're misinformed on the origins of the UFC. Not only did Don Frye win TWO tournaments (which was the name of the game in the original days), but he also made it to a third tournament final (loss to Coleman at UFC 10). Making him 2-1 in the UFC tourney (8-1 Overall in tournament competition).

The SAME holds true for Dan Severn. He ALSO won TWO tournaments (UFC 5 and UU 95), and also made it to a THIRD tournament final (loss to Gracie at UFC 4). Also making him 2-1 in the UFC tourney (also 8-1 overall in tournament competition).

You are right about Ken Shamrock however. The man NEVER won a UFC tournament. Ken never even made it to a UFC tourney finals! Making Shamrock 0-3 in the UFC tourney (4-1 overall in tournament competition).

Ken Shamrock is indeed overrated. However he was hugely popular and his popularity did help put the UFC on the map in its early days and later on during the Tito era. He was voted into the UFC Hall of Fame by the fans.

Well' date=' it's pretty evident you're misinformed on the origins of the UFC. Not only did Don Frye win TWO tournaments (which was the name of the game in the original days), but he also made it to a third tournament final (loss to Coleman at UFC 10). Making him 2-1 in the UFC tourney (8-1 Overall in tournament competition).

Ken Shamrock is indeed overrated. However he was hugely popular and his popularity did help put the UFC on the map in its early days and later on during the Tito era. He was voted into the UFC Hall of Fame by the fans.[/quote']

He was a force in pancrase.

another ploy for the ufc to fill a card with an old name ..stupid ..all this money on tito, frye etc.. should go into fedor and m1'a pocket to get him to fight .. who's next ? somebody look up old UFC fighters and find all the ones in their 40's so we know who's gonna be signed in the future .. NICE MOVE DANA !!!

another ploy for the ufc to fill a card with an old name ..stupid ..all this money on tito' date=' frye etc.. should go into fedor and m1'a pocket to get him to fight .. who's next ? somebody look up old UFC fighters and find all the ones in their 40's so we know who's gonna be signed in the future .. NICE MOVE DANA !!![/quote']

Good point. Why is he spending money on geriatrics, when that money could be used for the fight everyone wants to see. Nice notion.

another ploy for the ufc to fill a card with an old name ..stupid ..all this money on tito' date=' frye etc.. should go into fedor and m1'a pocket to get him to fight .. who's next ? somebody look up old UFC fighters and find all the ones in their 40's so we know who's gonna be signed in the future .. NICE MOVE DANA !!![/quote']

Don't forget about Dan Henderson. Spending money on Tito, Frye and Baroni when you could have held onto the #2 MW in the world. The UFC will not be the best talent pool in the world if they keep trading contenders for guys like this.

Archived