Shogun Fought the Fight of his Life... and STILL Lost...

ArcaneKnight

That just goes to show how good Machida really is. Shogun is done folks, now Machida knows his gameplan. So whatever chance you thought he had before, completely blew out the window when he let that fight go to a decision.

You don't try to pull out a decision win against a fighter that's NEVER lost a decision. Shows what kind of fighter Shogun is. Some play it safe, curl up into the fetal position, don't want to get hurt, low risk no reward type of fighter. He lacks the killer instinct and heart to finish a fight, he couldn't have finished that fight if his life depended on it.

Machida knows his gameplan now, so it's over for Shogun. You think he's going to try to come in and kick his way through this fight, roll the dice and hope the judges give him the decision win this time? One thing you don't EVER in your life do, is kick a karate expert. The king of kick. That right there just made the dragon start breathing fire. A fire Shogun is going to wish he never ignited.

Shogun is a one trick pony, he has nothing else to offer Machida, except some pathetic leg kicks. I went ahead and wrote the blueprint for Machida on how to defend Shogun's leg kicks, I sold the blue print to him. When he wins, he gives me his win bonus, plus a percentage of his percentage of PPV buys. So yeah, Shogun is screwed now. Shogun is like a one dimensional football team, running the same plays over and over.

All good football teams switch it up week to week, knowing their opposition will watch tape and adjust to counter what worked for them last game. At the same time, that team is trying to draw up something different, so whatever the other team has been practicing to try and prevent, gets hit with something the complete opposite. To where that team goes, damn, we didn't practice for that.

And that's what seperates the champions from the Detroit Lions of the world. Shogun is not a champion, he is incapable of adjusting his style to beat a champion like Machida. He will run the same play over and over, and fail yet again. Sorry but Shogun is not the same calibur of fighter Machida is. In an ever evolving sport, the UFC continued to evolve with the times, Pride did not.

That is why the washed up Pride fighter will never beat the UFC champion. Shogun's skillet is outdated, he might've been successful last decade, but this is a new decade, and Machida leading the pack and setting the bar even higher, at a pace Pride fighter's just can't keep up with. That's why it is not fair to compare Pride fighters to UFC fighters. Basically UFC 1, was atari, Pride would've been like the Nintendo 64, and UFC is PS3 and xbox 360. They have the entire industry dominated. Pride fighter's training regimens were outdated, and the technology of equipment used was outdated. Pride fighters were fighting one dimensional fighters, so that kept them one dimensional. UFC fighter's evolved with the times, continuously fighting well rounded fighters, in turn made them more complete fighters.

Betting on Shogun is a bad bet, and if you had plans of betting on Shogun, I highly urge you to not waste your money, and atleast donate it to the Haiti earthquake relief fund. That's the only good that can come out of it.

bravo man bravo' date=' its true about shogun, and im a shogun fan, even tho i like machida more, but u cant keep doing the same thing, its like bad sex, your wife dont enjoy it anymore cuz u do the same old moves everytime[/quote']

Could just be your equipment.

I'm relatively new to this forum but starting to figure the finer points out.

I know this thread is just to get a reaction out of people but it is very well written. I disagree with almost the entire post which is actually pretty incredible.

I personally don't enjoy Machida as a fighter. I see him as a points fighter (which is why he doesn't lose decisions, which he has been to a lot.) and not a true warrior. IMO his style is boring. He is technically brilliant, but it's very brief. He landed 42 strikes in his fight with Shogun so we got to see 42 technically brilliant strikes. And for a guy who gets hit ever other round he got hit 82 times by shogun. He didn't land just leg kicks. He also landed more strikes to the head.

Shogun is a veteran and I believe he will have learned from their last five rounds and come out with another solid game plan. Both fighters could have learned from that fight.

i hope machida wins but in all honesty guys, i cant wait til the damn thing is over so people can quit crying about it, if shogun wins then its a win no matter what, if machida wins then damn it its a win, not saying u guys are the crybabies, but i just want it do be finalized once and for all

if you think that shogun is going to come in with the same "kicking strategy" your mistaken sure he will utilize kicks since they worked last time' date=' but i really see shogun taking the fight to the ground this time, shogun submission round 2 imo.[/quote']

You see Shogun taking it to the ground this time? He tried that and failed 4 or 5 times before realizing that it wasn't going to happen. Machida is going to silence the critics after this one, there will be no more doubt this time around.

You can tell everyone I've been telling you all that since day 1 when it happens too. I told everyone Machida was going to win their first fight, and look what happened? I was right. Why would I be wrong this time?

Just trust me on this one. I know what I'm talking about, I've been watching MMA since day 1. You can check the sig for proof, and don't start asking me questions about it either. Get on my level, and then come talk to me.

You see Shogun taking it to the ground this time? He tried that and failed 4 or 5 times before realizing that it wasn't going to happen. Machida is going to silence the critics after this one' date=' there will be no more doubt this time around.

You can tell everyone I've been telling you all that since day 1 when it happens too. I told everyone Machida was going to win their first fight, and look what happened? I was right. Why would I be wrong this time?

Just trust me on this one. I know what I'm talking about, I've been watching MMA since day 1. You can check the sig for proof, and don't start asking me questions about it either. Get on my level, and then come talk to me.[/quote']

i understand your point and from your posts i can tell your a die hard machida fan, i am a die hard shogun fan and have also been watching mma since "day 1" i also train in mma. but i really see shogun wining the rematch, he already won once and got robbed "just my opinion" and this time he will be alot hungrier, i see him coming in being more aggressive but yet technical, and i see him taking this, but if he comes at machida the same way he came at his opponents back in pride i see machida taking it by tko or ko. shogun knows he can not be two aggressive against a counter striker with such a high caliber like machida, that's why he went for leg kicks which slowed down machida ALOT. this time i see him utilizing the kicks even better than eventually taking the fight to the ground. and i know if fight goes to the ground it is over for machida, although it will be very hard to take him down, i mean tito had a super hard time trying to take it down, and only managed to do it once i believe. but can't say anymore until rematch happens until then war shogun!

I don't know who is the bigger loser' date=' anyone who takes ArcaneKnight's obvious trolling seriously or ArcaneKnight for putting such a great deal of effort into it.[/quote']

I bet you're Hizoka.. The dude that just got banned. Yes, I have psychic abilities...

SO CALL ME NOW FOR YOUR FREE TAROT READING!

bonobo whats your opinion on the fight' date=' id like to hear, dont judge other people until you hear all sides[/quote']

My opinion is that Shogun didn't do enough to win. Call me old school but traditionally the challenger has to do more than just make it close to take a title. In the case of a very close round/fight the decision should go to the champion. Obviously the judges felt the same way. Bad decisions happen, it's inevitable in any sport where judging can determine the outcome, you know it, the fighters know it, their corners know it...the only thing a fighter can do to remove that variable is to swing for the fences and take it away from the judges. That being said, I don't believe this was a bad decision and the controversy seems contrived for the sole purpose of a big UFC rematch ppv payday.

Open scoring would almost entirely eliminate these issues. It's a simple, easy to implement fix that boxing fans & critics have been asking for for years. Why wont the UFC do it? That's a very interesting question and frankly it reeks of the same kind of mentality that keeps it out of boxing...and we all know damn well why.

im aware that its a troll post. but i actually do agree with him.

not to mention machida didnt even have a full camp and couldnt train were he wanted last time. due to all the fans and distractons. i see shogun comeing out with the same stradegy this fight, but i see machida being ready for it.

My opinion is that Shogun didn't do enough to win. Call me old school but traditionally the challenger has to do more than just make it close to take a title. In the case of a very close round/fight the decision should go to the champion. Obviously the judges felt the same way. Bad decisions happen' date=' it's inevitable in any sport where judging can determine the outcome, you know it, the fighters know it, their corners know it...the only thing a fighter can do to remove that variable is to swing for the fences and take it away from the judges. That being said, I don't believe this was a bad decision and the controversy seems contrived for the sole purpose of a big UFC rematch ppv payday.

Open scoring would almost entirely eliminate these issues. It's a simple, easy to implement fix that boxing fans & critics have been asking for for years. Why wont the UFC do it? That's a very interesting question and frankly it reeks of the same kind of mentality that keeps it out of boxing...and we all know damn well why.[/quote']

So are you saying fan text voting should determine the outcome of fights that go to a decision?

im aware that its a troll post. but i actually do agree with him.

not to mention machida didnt even have a full camp and couldnt train were he wanted last time. due to all the fans and distractons. i see shogun comeing out with the same stradegy this fight' date=' but i see machida being ready for it.[/quote']

People make a lot of excuses for Machida. Is everybody really that stoked to see this fight? The first one wasn't exactly a barn burner. It was a great fight but do you want to see a replay so soon?

I would much rather see Anderson Silva vs. Shogun. Could have been for the LHW title but maybe after this fight.

So are you saying fan text voting should determine the outcome of fights that go to a decision?

What are you talking about? Where in my post did I say anything even remotely resembling that? If that's what you believe "open scoring" means than you should be embarrassed by your ignorance.

People make a lot of excuses for Machida. Is everybody really that stoked to see this fight? The first one wasn't exactly a barn burner. It was a great fight but do you want to see a replay so soon?

I would much rather see Anderson Silva vs. Shogun. Could have been for the LHW title but maybe after this fight.

i actually am very exited for this rematch. sure it wasnt a barnburner. but loved the fight. so IM looking foward to it. but regardless of who wins we will never see half the people on this forum again.

The sad thing is that even if Shogun gets KTFO, his bandwagon will ***** and whine about how it was a fluke and attempt to demand an instant trilogy, instead of accepting the fact that he lost. If Shogun loses he may never get another title shot. The competition he faced to get to Machida wasn't top competition. Aging Liddell, Coleman, and...oh wait that's it. If Machida loses, he'll still have the chance.

The sad thing is that even if Shogun gets KTFO' date=' his bandwagon will ***** and whine about how it was a fluke and attempt to demand an instant trilogy, instead of accepting the fact that he lost. If Shogun loses he may never get another title shot. The competition he faced to get to Machida wasn't top competition. Aging Liddell, Coleman, and...oh wait that's it. If Machida loses, he'll still have the chance.[/quote']

i see machida winning but i cant see shogun being knocked out. and we all know shogun didnt have the hardest road to get to a tiltle shot but at the time he was the best contender avalible. and he did not dissapoint. he turned it into a good very close fight/

shogun belongs in the octogon with machida.

Honestly, I am just looking at this Machida Vs Rua thing as a 10 round fight. Its 1/2 over and at a draw. I was and am a Machida fan, but Rua did a lot better than I think anyone expected. At the same time I dont think either one of them really 'won'. Neither one did enough to win IMO. Thy both Assumed they were winning and slowed down. This is just my thoughts on the matter. I personally am excitted for the rematch and hope that afterwards all the *****ing and moaning stops. I don't want to hear any "Well, Rua won the first one and should have had the tittle then" if Machida wins the next one. I also dont want to hear Machida fans saying Rua shouldnt have gotten the shot again right after the first fight if Rua wins. It was a draw of the fight. Tittle holder holds the belt until the next 5 rounds are finished. This is just my 2 cents. Take it or leave it.

the whole world knows who really won even dana white thats why he tried to make the first immediate rematch ever but machida *****ed out and took the next 10 months off.

Machida had a Broken hand and had to have Surgery. I doubt he was going to underestimate Rua again and try fighting him with a broken hand like he did in the first fight.

I know this thread is just to get a reaction out of people but it is very well written

This thread was written by an individual with 8th-9th grade writing skills (and this opinion is not an admission of any sort in terms of my own fighter preference; It's the truth.)

I'm an expert writer with the credentials to prove it. A pedestrian attempt at intelligent discourse is easily recognizable.

Now, as far as his argument in concerned, weakness reigns again.

All Shogun did in this fight is the exact same thing Machida has done in every fight--stay back, calculate his shots, strike, and then move back, building points, unless an opportunity to end the fight presents itself.

If Shogun lacks killer instinct, then so does Machida because not only does he employ the exact same strategy, but HE DIDN'T FINISH THE FIGHT EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, this thread is dead to me.

Cheers--

If Shogun lacks killer instinct' date=' then so does Machida because not only does he employ the exact same strategy, but HE DIDN'T FINISH THE FIGHT EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote']

Hence why I have said it is a draw and is more or less a 10 round fight that has yet to be finished.

Archived