FYI. New York may commision MMA soon

gtp

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/New-York-Governor-Introduces-MMA-Bill-22148

This would be wicked. The only problem is that whoever holds the first MMA event at the Garden (UFC most likely) is going to have a maaad crazy card planned. What do you think? What would be MSG quality for the UFC? With only current UFC fighters these would be some good fights to main/co-main event the card:

HW Championship

Brock Lesnar v Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

Chuck Liddell v Forrest Griffin

Mauricio Rua v Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

Anderson Silva v Quinton Jackson

I know the Liddell v Griffin is a stretch, but it would be worthy of at least a co-main event just because of the names. Any more for the Garden?

Any idea what date the event would take place if it gets passed?

If the bill gets passed, it will be the end of this year, early next year so the commision can get up to speed on the MMA rules and junk. If it happens, thats when we could plan on seeing it come to be.

If the bill gets passed' date=' it will be the end of this year, early next year so the commision can get up to speed on the MMA rules and junk. If it happens, thats when we could plan on seeing it come to be.[/quote']

we could very well see a title fight on the card then and i dont know about ya'll but everytime there is a title on the line, IM PUMPED!

we could very well see a title fight on the card then and i dont know about ya'll but everytime there is a title on the line' date=' IM PUMPED![/quote']

It would probably have to be the HW title. Brock is the biggest money maker the UFC has. BJ has no competition, unless he did a third fight with GSP, Anderson has no competition at MW, Lyoto (if he wins) wont really have any real 100% challengers minus a rematch fight, and the same with GSP. Brock is the only one that would draw a huge crowd, considering hes been there many times before (in the WWE).

Archived