Disrespect

getbeatson

about two days ago i went with my friend to his bjj gym for a free lesson, i personally consider my self pretty good at bjj, i can catch a submission from any position pretty much. i enter the gym every one is sparring before the class started. i got introduced to the teacher he was like 30 something years old. he asked me if i ever had bjj training and i told him not really, i just always practice grappling and i've wrestled in school. so he asks me to spar with him. the entire class started watching. he managed to take me down, and as soon as he went to pass to side control, i managed to slip under him and caught him in a kimura, and he tapped, everyone in class laughed and clapped since i just submitted their teacher. after this i went to shake his hand. and he just totally ignored me and gave me that F*** you look. after that during the entire class he was rude to me and paired me up with partners who are 6ft plus and over 200 pounds, i'm 5"10 170, even after class finished i went to thank him for lettin me train with them and he just said yeah yeah and walked away. i wanna know if any of you guys ever had a experience like this, and why do more experienced people get angry when they lose at something. not necessarily bjj, they think just because they have more experience they can't lose, pretty annoying imo

Sounds like a tool.

I've beat someone at an armwrestle once and then he went all mad like he wanted to fight but then it all got calm down by the women(like usual) and what not, then for the rest of the night he acted like a tool. you know like when someone keeps bringing you up in an insult manner like when someone says "that guys a tool" refering to something on tv etc and they go "not as much as name" mentioning yourself etc for like the whole time your still around.

I recently started training in BJJ and I don't know what it is about jujitsu guys but they're the biggest crybabies I've ever seen. I've trained in kung fu, kempo karate, muay thai, western boxing and none of the instructors or advanced students in those disciplines seemed to take being outperformed as personally as the BJJ practitioners. There's something about the mentality of these people that really bugs me. Many of them seem to suffer from little man syndrome.

If you did that, you should really start training, that's pretty impressive. Luckily I train in a gym where everyone is chill, but I know what you mean. Who cares if he doesn't like you. You have the pleasure of knowing you tapped a BJJ instructor without any prior training. Be proud of yourself, and **** that *********. He shouldn't instruct if he's like that.

I've sparred with my muay thai coach before, and we were doing one shot sparring to work on counter attacking and i slipped a right straight and countered with a clean perfetc right body kick. He didn't act like an ****. Infact he said it was a great counter and well done. I thought coaches were meant to be supportive like mine was, not become little cry babys. No disrespect to you, but i think he underestimated you and slipped up, you tapped him (well done, really) by accident, and he should look at it that way rather than assuming he was out classed technically.

I've sparred with my muay thai coach before' date=' and we were doing one shot sparring to work on counter attacking and i slipped a right straight and countered with a clean perfetc right body kick. He didn't act like an ****. Infact he said it was a great counter and well done. I thought coaches were meant to be supportive like mine was, not become little cry babys. No disrespect to you, but i think he underestimated you and slipped up, you tapped him (well done, really) by accident, and he should look at it that way rather than assuming he was out classed technically.[/quote']

Any decent BJJ practitioner would be able to get out of a newcomers kimura. If this instructor is any good he could've gotten out of it if the thread starter didn't somewhat know what he was doing.

Archived