The Official Win or Go Home thread...

Rex_Kwon_Do

I guess somebody had to start a doom and gloom thread, not to wish evil upon the fighters, but to acknowledge that being subpar these days requires people to be cut (especially in this economy), and replaced with upstart competition. So for upcoming official and rumored fights it's most of our belief that there may be at least one fighter sitting on the fence. Here's where we predict the fight and fighter (if you don't believe both fighters involved are subject to being cut) for each upcoming event.

I actually cheated and called out two fights last event (UFN 20) Leben vs Silva and Dos Anjos vs Bradley. Bradley just happened to be cut recently. I'm limiting myself to one fight for the purpose of this thread. My predictions (feel free to include rumored fights):

UFC 109: Tim Hague vs Chris Tuscherer (although the heavyweight division is the shallowest of all the divisions it makes sense with someone getting cut here if you compare it to the other fights on the card).

UFC 110: Stephan Bonnar vs Kryzsztof Soszynski (not necessarily K.S. but dare I say Bonnar??... Bonnar hasn't won a fight since 2007 and altho his record is really not all that bad he really has seen his better days.)

UFC on Versus: Cheick Kongo vs Paul Buentello (too much gatekeeping in the Heavyweight division and not enough contenders cant be good...however I'm thinking more fights will be added to this card so I leave myself an out on this one.)

UFC 111: Rodney Wallace vs Jared Hamman (once again not all the fights have been added to the card yet, but starting off 0-2 can't help your cause.)

i heard that at ufc 109 that danzig vs buchholz was a loser leaves town match...i hope that mac can pull it together for atleast this one fight.

http://6th-round.com/ufc-109-relentless-fight-card-officially-released-lil-nogueira-meets-brandon-vera

Ya, if Danzig loses this fight thats four straight losses. He couldnt really complain about getting cut with that record.

i heard that at ufc 109 that danzig vs buchholz was a loser leaves town match...i hope that mac can pull it together for atleast this one fight.

http://6th-round.com/ufc-109-relentless-fight-card-officially-released-lil-nogueira-meets-brandon-vera

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking about that matchup also, but I also thought Mac Danzig was already gone and they were giving him a second chance.

I will actually call you out and say there is no way the loser of Soszynski vs Bonner goes home. If Danzig and Leben can drop three straight and come back Bonner can do the same, as he is without question a higher value than the two aforementioned names. Plus the UFC has constantly displayed the utmost loyalty to the original TUF cast and Bonner was one half of the most important fight in MMA history so I think he could drop three straight and get one more chance.

I will actually call you out and say there is no way the loser of Soszynski vs Bonner goes home. If Danzig and Leben can drop three straight and come back Bonner can do the same' date=' as he is without question a higher value than the two aforementioned names. Plus the UFC has constantly displayed the utmost loyalty to the original TUF cast and Bonner was one half of the most important fight in MMA history so I think he could drop three straight and get one more chance.

Also Ricardo Funch vs Matt Riddle at UFC 111 is most likely a candidate since the loser will be 0-2 in the UFC.[/quote']

Technically Matt Riddle would be 3-2 overall in the UFC if he were to lose this one, but with two straight losses so I didn't pick this one. As for the original Ultimate Fighter cast it's about half and half as far as who is still here and who is gone. and it seems by his own admission Chris Leben would have been gone had he lost his last fight so it's not a guarantee (as a Season 1 member) although Stephan Bonnar will always have that one prayer to hang onto, because everyone and their mom knows he should definitely be gone if he loses this fight.

Technically Matt Riddle would be 3-2 overall in the UFC if he were to lose this one' date=' but with two straight losses so I didn't pick this one.[/b'] As for the original Ultimate Fighter cast it's about half and half as far as who is still here and who is gone. and it seems by his own admission Chris Leben would have been gone had he lost his last fight so it's not a guarantee (as a Season 1 member) although Stephan Bonnar will always have that one prayer to hang onto, because everyone and their mom knows he should definitely be gone if he loses this fight.

Jesus man I rechecked his record and was about to edit my post, hahahaha don't know how I screwed that one up so bad.

But yeah I agree with your take on the season one cast. He should be cut if he loses, I just don't think they will unless Bonner drops four in a row.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking about that matchup also' date=' but I also thought Mac Danzig was already gone and they were giving him a second chance.[/quote']

NO. He is gone. Just finishing his contract & he knows it.

Mostapha Al-Turk will possibly be cut if he loses to Rolles Gracie.

They've kept him around longer than they've needed him already, no one should be surpized at this. I do think it's a stand up move on the part of the UFC, because of the Crocop eye poke, but he's already marching on borrowed time.

• 2 months later...

Archived