Brock Lesnar UPDATE ON ESPN'S SPORTSCENTER

The_Power

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=10524&zoneid=13

Could the months of speculation about the return of UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar finally be coming to an end?

That's the question that could be answered tomorrow as the former NCAA wrestling champion makes his first public appearance in several months when he appears on ESPN's SportsCenter on Wednesday morning at 11 a.m. ET.

A UFC representative confirmed Lesnar's appearance on the program to MMAWeekly.com on Tuesday.

The champion has had a lengthy layoff since his last fight, a title win over Frank Mir, back in July 2009. Lesnar was scheduled to face top contender Shane Carwin on two different occasions ? at UFC 106 and UFC 108 ? but both bouts were scrapped due to Lesnar's unforeseen illness.

UFC president Dana White said in early January following UFC 108 that he hoped to know the final diagnosis for Lesnar's condition this month and it would determine if the champion would return or if his career could potentially be over.

Everyone from Lesnar's friends to trainers have come out and made statements about his potential return to the sport, but this will be the first time he has made a public appearance and interview since midway through 2009.

It's uncertain at this time if Lesnar will make an announcement about his medical condition or return to fighting, but some questions are sure to be answered when he appears on the popular sports network.

MMAWeekly.com will have extensive coverage of Lesnar's appearance and interview on Wednesday.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no doubt in my mind that Lesner will return to the octagon, When Frank Mir got in his motorcycle accident, they said he would never walk again or go back to mma. Theses guys that compete in the UFC are freaks of nature, they would have to die, or have a limb amputated for them not to return.

I have no doubt in my mind that Lesner will return to the octagon' date=' When Frank Mir got in his motorcycle accident, they said he would never walk again or go back to mma. Theses guys that compete in the UFC are freaks of nature, they would have to die, or have a limb amputated for them not to return.[/quote']

theres a guy who fights in mma with no arms or legs. hes not very good but he only lost by a dec.:)

My prediction: Lesnar is going to announce his retirement and officially relinquish his UFC title. That won't rule out an eventual comeback' date=' of course, but if he ever does decide to come back, this will have made that even more dramatic.[/quote']

No way would someone go on ESPN to announce a retirement. Usually that kind of thing is held by the organization they partake in. It will probably be that he is back in the gym and indeed training and trying to get a fight ready for him in the future.

My prediction: Lesnar is going to announce his retirement and officially relinquish his UFC title. That won't rule out an eventual comeback' date=' of course, but if he ever does decide to come back, this will have made that even more dramatic.[/quote']

uhh if that was the case, chuck would nhave been on sportcenter but he wasn't. Hes just going to say i coming back and its gonna be touhg but whoever up next thats who im gonna be getting ready for.

He will give the belt up but be in training to get back in the ring. He will be back at the end of 2010 IMO. Mir will get the belt, defend it only once, Brock will come back and be straight in line. Mir vs Brock 3 will be a war. Brock will win but he will take a pounding from Mir. (Mir will take one too). It will be one of the best HW fights in a long time. Theis is all IMO....

LMAO at all the hopelful, optimists. People don't have major press conferences to announce "Hey, I'm back in training. Just wanted to let you know that I'm going to try really hard. Thats it guys, just go on about your business. I'm just telling you I'm back in the gym." :rolleyes:

I hope he returns and is at full strength when and if he does come back. That way when he gets his eventual L in the right hand column, his fan boys won't be making excuses.

I have been watching sports for the better part of almost 3 decades. Not once have i ever seen a single press conference to announce they're back in training, with the exception of Brett Favre. Brock is in no way an Ironman legend of MMA, so him being inflated to that status is unlikely.

My guess is that he will reliquish his title, but still make a comeback, as a best case scenario. Worst case, he relinquishes the title, and retires. Sorry eternal optimist Brocktards, it's not going to be good news either way.

Right now, SCO is teetering on a rocking chair in his basement, glued to the net. To his left is a 12 gauge shotgun, locked and loaded. To his right, is a side table, with KY lubrication and a roll of toilet paper.

The next 48 hours could go either way, with SCO ending his life, or masturbating fiendishly to his life-sized cutout of Lesnar.

Ah, the delicate balance of life....

Right now' date=' SCO is teetering on a rocking chair in his basement, glued to the net. To his left is a 12 gauge shotgun, locked and loaded. To his right, is a side table, with KY lubrication and a roll of toilet paper.

The next 48 hours could go either way, with SCO ending his life, or masturbating fiendishly to his life-sized cutout of Lesnar.

Ah, the delicate balance of life....[/quote']I know you're bitter because of all the times I've owned you, but language like this is unacceptable and you've been reported.:o

Right now' date=' SCO is teetering on a rocking chair in his basement, glued to the net. To his left is a 12 gauge shotgun, locked and loaded. To his right, is a side table, with KY lubrication and a roll of toilet paper.

Ah, the delicate balance of life....[/quote']

haha

LMAO at all the hopelful' date=' optimists. People don't have major press conferences to announce "Hey, I'm back in training. Just wanted to let you know that I'm going to try really hard. Thats it guys, just go on about your business. I'm just telling you I'm back in the gym." :rolleyes:

I hope he returns and is at full strength when and if he does come back. That way when he gets his eventual L in the right hand column, his fan boys won't be making excuses.

I have been watching sports for the better part of almost 3 decades. Not once have i ever seen a single press conference to announce they're back in training, with the exception of Brett Favre. Brock is in no way an Ironman legend of MMA, so him being inflated to that status is unlikely.

My guess is that he will reliquish his title, but still make a comeback, as a best case scenario. Worst case, he relinquishes the title, and retires. Sorry eternal optimist Brocktards, it's not going to be good news either way.[/quote']I actually would have agreed with you a week ago when we thought it was going to be a press conference, but Brock isn't doing a major press conference, he's going to be on Sports Center to do an interview. If he were going to relinquish the title it would have been at a press conference. Basically he's going to give an update on his situation, and likely one with a positive spin.

Wanna sig bet?

IDK I think Ex has owned you plenty of times. More so than you have owned him. I think its more like Ex-137938 SCO-0. Yeah that sounds about right.

The Pakistani version of Screech, as Exo has dubbed him was the ultimate slap in the face. SCO was really stupid enough to post a RL picture of himself, without thinking about it's recourse with his uncontrollable trolling. That is like filling up your gas tank, washing you car, spiffying up the rims nice and shiny, parking in the ghetto, and leaving the keys in the car hoping it's not going to get jacked.

That is day one stuff, SCO. You never post a RL picture after trolling ridiculously like you have. That is all the ammo a true troll needs to make you wish you never signed up on this site. Rookie mistake buddy, rookie mistake.

The Pakistani version of Screech' date=' as Exo has dubbed him was the ultimate slap in the face. SCO was really stupid enough to post a RL picture of himself, without thinking about it's recourse with his uncontrollable trolling. That is like filling up your gas tank, washing you car, spiffying up the rims nice and shiny, parking in the ghetto, and leaving the keys in the car hoping it's not going to get jacked.

That is day one stuff, SCO. You never post a RL picture after trolling ridiculously like you have. That is all the ammo a true troll needs to make you wish you never signed up on this site. Rookie mistake buddy, rookie mistake.[/quote']

So... about that sig bet. You on Kevbo?

I actually would have agreed with you a week ago when we thought it was going to be a press conference' date=' but Brock isn't doing a major press conference, he's going to be on Sports Center to do an interview. If he were going to relinquish the title it would have been at a press conference. Basically he's going to give an update on his situation, and likely one with a positive spin.

Wanna sig bet?[/quote']

This actually makes sense. It's likely to be an interview announcing his return.

Why would I sig bet on that? It's not competitive in the least bit. Thats like me asking for a sig bet for the possibility of the time of my next bowel movement.
Well you sounded really sure of yourself before. Now not so much.

Surely if you thought you were going to win you wouldn't mind having a little sig bet.

I was just wondering if you actually believed the crap coming out of your mouth or if you were just a tool pretending that you do.

I guess it's option two since you don't have the stones to back up your words:)

Surely if you thought you were going to win you wouldn't mind having a little sig bet.

I was just wondering if you actually believed the crap coming out of your mouth or if you were just a tool pretending that you do.

Do you really believe the crap that comes out of your mouth? Besides I wouldn't trust my sig with you either.

No... Generally only idiots would make bets that they don't control. That shows the carelessness of your youth. 50/50 odds are not that great when weighing the risk/reward of the situation.

You're a troll, everyone knows it, so even the most ridiculous thing I could think of, wouldn't be enough. However, if you win, I have to look at your trash in my signature for a set amount of time. Even now I'm choosing to entertain your trolling but if i have your trash in my signature, i simply don't have the option of not viewing it.

Archived