does any one agree with me on dan henderson

taylor5172

i understand he has beaten some good people...and as a person i like him..

but i cant stand how hendo fights..like in the bisping fight...he stands there and just waits to connect with that power right...i get that thats his style and all..and yeah i know he is a great wrestler...

but just waiting to get one shot is lame to me lol..dont like his style..

dan is not versatile enough to compete with the top ufc guys anymore i dont think (i understand he is no longer in ufc)...

who has he beaten in the past few years..bisping, who stupidly circled toward his power hand lol and has stopped fighting to his strength which was his GnP..split decision to franklin who im sorry to say is on his way out the door..he cant compete with the new guys with great technical ability with his bland predictable style

edit to add...people really seem to slob all over hendo on these forums lol...he is not a mixed martial artist...he is a wrestler who hits hard..the future of MMA will be about being technical and not bad at any one thing...like the current champions minus brock

nah..striking wise anderson is in a totally different league than hendo..he just kept kicking him and hendo would respond with pretty much nothing..

dan got lucky with that one take down honestly..dan ducked under and anderson missed a strike which almost never happens..when henderson got on top anderson completely controlled his posture and dan just dropped hammer fists..one dan got to side control and stopped laying on him anderson got him in to full guard immediately..

round 2 silva again controlled hendo on the ground and let him get to his knees and immediately took his back and then it was over...

hendo is totally out matched by silva lol....sure he could hit him once and knock him out but thats much easier said than done

but i cant stand how hendo fights..like in the bisping fight...he stands there and just waits to connect with that power right...i get that thats his style and all..and yeah i know he is a great wrestler...

Umm.. Watch some of his other fights. Bigping slightly stepped more to the left little by little, he set himself up. MMA is about skill, timing. How could he have done it any better? Just because he dosnt go in there swinging against a 1hitter like Bisping means the guys boring? Lmao.

dan is not versatile enough to compete with the top ufc guys anymore i dont think (i understand he is no longer in ufc)...

who has he beaten in the past few years..bisping' date=' who stupidly circled toward his power hand lol and has stopped fighting to his strength which was his GnP..split decision to franklin who im sorry to say is on his way out the door..he cant compete with the new guys with great technical ability with his bland predictable style

edit to add...people really seem to slob all over hendo on these forums lol...he is not a mixed martial artist...he is a wrestler who hits hard..the future of MMA will be about being technical and not bad at any one thing...like the current champions minus brock[/quote']

Who has Anderson faced since facing Hendo in 185lbs?

Thalis Leites & Patrick Cote. 2 of the most boring Championship fights.

And who has Nate faced thats so great after A Silva?

Jeremy Horn, who hasnt been relevant since 2005!

Lost to Leites cos of an illegal blow,

Beat Gono(okay there's one), Demian Maia who has no great Stand up game(easy one), then who else?

I like most of his fights the only one i didnt like was the Phalares fight he jsut walked round the ring left hand up and wading towards phalaras kind swinging his fist beside his jaw waiting it was real boring sure he did hit him several times with the right and knocked him down but he also set himself up for several very close submission attempts

if hendo was anymore tired i beleive it would have been all over for him during one of those heel hooks.

but every other fight i fairly enjoyed them greatly the Belfort fight was one of my personal favs

who has he beaten in the past few years..bisping' date=' who stupidly circled toward his power hand lol and has stopped fighting to his strength which was his GnP..split decision to franklin who im sorry to say is on his way out the door..he cant compete with the new guys with great technical ability with his bland predictable style

edit to add...people really seem to slob all over hendo on these forums lol...he is not a mixed martial artist...he is a wrestler who hits hard..the future of MMA will be about being technical and not bad at any one thing...like the current champions minus brock[/quote']

Dan couldve beat Sliva if he didnt deviate from his game plan dude

he tried to stand when he was clearly winning with the takedowns and ground and pound he got a little ****y and tried to stand and got knocked down then choked i was suprized that hendo got choked as it was gonig well for him up until that point

Dan Henderson has for years, been one of the most exciting guys to watch in MMA. He's extremely well rounded, with some of the heaviest hands, and toughest chins in the biz.

I love watching Hendo stalk with the right hand ****ed. Wait for it.....wait for it.......BLAM.

Plus his Greco, as others noted, is second to none......

Who has Anderson faced since facing Hendo in 185lbs?

Thalis Leites & Patrick Cote. 2 of the most boring Championship fights.

...of course he hasnt face many more people..there is no one else to put against him in that weight class he has beaten all the best easily..thats why he keeps fighting up a weight class..

I love watching Hendo stalk with the right hand ****ed. Wait for it.....wait for it.......BLAM.

this ^ is exactly what im talking about...that kind of fighting is not martial arts lol...sure its fun watching a big punch knock out but watching true martial arts is on a whole different level (silva and machida)...the true martial artists are at the top of their divisions..there is a reason people like hendo arent champion anymore..except maybe brock but he is just too damn big..

Dan couldve beat Sliva if he didnt deviate from his game plan dude

he tried to stand when he was clearly winning with the takedowns and ground and pound he got a little ****y and tried to stand and got knocked down then choked i was suprized that hendo got choked as it was gonig well for him up until that point

absolutely not...he is obviously dominated on the feet...and go rewatch the fight..silva controlled him the entire time on the ground in both rounds..yes he was on his back and getting hit and maybe it looked good to the judges but it wasnt doing much damage and as soon hendo stopped laying on him anderson had him in full guard...

yes hendo's greco is amazing...and his greco was nullified once anderson latched on and just held him...looks good to the judges but it didnt take anything out of anderson..against someone with good BJJ (silva, who has one from the nogueira's..big nog also submitted dan..) he got beat..he got lured in to getting on his knees and anderson took his back and it was over..

To be honest guys, Hendo look depressed at the award ceremony. I dont know if he will have the same dedication and fight spirit as he did in Pride and ufc. He looked bummed out. Remember he didn't want to leave the ufc; he was sort of forced into that decision.

His heart is a bit torn up, which brings up concerns about his dedication and work ethics.

...of course he hasnt face many more people..there is no one else to put against him in that weight class he has beaten all the best easily..thats why he keeps fighting up a weight class..

this ^ is exactly what im talking about...that kind of fighting is not martial arts lol...sure its fun watching a big punch knock out but watching true martial arts is on a whole different level (silva and machida)...the true martial artists are at the top of their divisions..there is a reason people like hendo arent champion anymore..except maybe brock but he is just too damn big..

absolutely not...he is obviously dominated on the feet...and go rewatch the fight..silva controlled him the entire time on the ground in both rounds..yes he was on his back and getting hit and maybe it looked good to the judges but it wasnt doing much damage and as soon hendo stopped laying on him anderson had him in full guard...

yes hendo's greco is amazing...and his greco was nullified once anderson latched on and just held him...looks good to the judges but it didnt take anything out of anderson..against someone with good BJJ (silva' date=' who has one from the nogueira's..big nog also submitted dan..) he got beat..he got lured in to getting on his knees and anderson took his back and it was over..[/quote']

to be fair he was winning the fight with his wrestling in the judges eyes anyway

Dan Henderson has for years' date=' been one of the most exciting guys to watch in MMA. He's extremely well rounded, with some of the heaviest hands, and toughest chins in the biz.

Plus his Greco, as others noted, is second to none......[/quote']

This ^ cause i can't be arsed replying properly.

My older brother fights a lot like that... It's actually a strategy to make you think that he's loading up, but then he can do a short left hook or leg kick and come in with a strong right later on.

Henderson just knew he could handle Bisping and he wanted the KO, so he was "one-shooting" it, if you will.

OP' date=' I take it you never watched Hendo Vs Wanderlei 2? Spinning backfists, big take downs, left hooks, lights out. Hendo is a much better striker than people give him credit for. He just didn't respect Bisping's power and didn't feel the need to do anything but push forward.[/quote']

This!!!!! ^ +1 buddy!

Archived