UFC 113 Predictions

K22UFC

Lyoto Machida vs Shogun Rua= I think that this will be another close technical five-round fight with possibly a split decision winner. This is Karate vs Muay-Thai. These are the two best Light-heavyweights in the world. It is a fight that could go either way. I think that Machida will be the fighter that improves most from the first fight and I think that he will just about do enough to win. My prediction is a close unanimous decision win for Machida.

Josh Koscheck vs Paul Daley= This is a fight between two top welterweight contenders that could go either way. It could all depend on if Josh Koscheck tries to stand with Daley or not and if Daley's takedown defence is good enough to stop Koscheck's takedowns. Koscheck is a good striker but trying to stand with Paul Daley is suicide. Ask Dustin Hazelett. Daley is a beast on the feet. I think that Koscheck will get rocked early on and go into wrestling mode. I think that Daley will get put on his back in the first round but survive to the bell and then he will come out in the second round and finish Koscheck. My prediction is a second round knockout win for Paul Daley.

Kimbo Slice vs Matt Mitrione= This is a fight between two heavy-handed brawlers. Both have very poor ground games. Both fighters could fatique like what happened in alot of TUF 10's fights that went past the first round. I think that it will be exciting while it lasts and I think there will be a knockout. I think that Kimbo will come out and try to feel out Mitrione like he did against Houston Alexander but Mitrione will be alot more aggressive than Alexander and it will explode into a war in the first round. Both fighters can take a punch so I dont think it will end that early. It could go either way. It could depend on who tires first or who land the first big punch. My prediction is a second round TKO win for Kimbo.

Patrick Cote vs Alan Belcher= This is a fight between two strikers. I think it will be a very good fight. Cote is making his return. He hasnt fought since UFC 90 against Anderson Silva. Belcher is coming off of a win over Gouveia. I think that Cote is a level above Belcher. He is the better striker and I think he could knock Belcher out. Belcher is tough though and I think he could make it a three round war like he had against Akiyama at UFC 100. My prediction is a unanimous decision win for Patrick Cote.

Lyoto Machida vs Shogun Rua= I think that this will be another close technical five-round fight with possibly a split decision winner. This is Karate vs Muay-Thai. These are the two best Light-heavyweights in the world. It is a fight that could go either way. I think that Machida will be the fighter that improves most from the first fight and I think that he will just about do enough to win. My prediction is a close unanimous decision win for Machida.

Josh Koscheck vs Paul Daley= This is a fight between two top welterweight contenders that could go either way. It could all depend on if Josh Koscheck tries to stand with Daley or not and if Daley's takedown defence is good enough to stop Koscheck's takedowns. Koscheck is a good striker but trying to stand with Paul Daley is suicide. Ask Dustin Hazelett. Daley is a beast on the feet. I think that Koscheck will get rocked early on and go into wrestling mode. I think that Daley will get put on his back in the first round but survive to the bell and then he will come out in the second round and finish Koscheck. My prediction is a second round knockout win for Paul Daley.

Kimbo Slice vs Matt Mitrione= This is a fight between two heavy-handed brawlers. Both have very poor ground games. Both fighters could fatique like what happened in alot of TUF 10's fights that went past the first round. I think that it will be exciting while it lasts and I think there will be a knockout. I think that Kimbo will come out and try to feel out Mitrione like he did against Houston Alexander but Mitrione will be alot more aggressive than Alexander and it will explode into a war in the first round. Both fighters can take a punch so I dont think it will end that early. It could go either way. It could depend on who tires first or who land the first big punch. My prediction is a second round TKO win for Kimbo.

Patrick Cote vs Alan Belcher= This is a fight between two strikers. I think it will be a very good fight. Cote is making his return. He hasnt fought since UFC 90 against Anderson Silva. Belcher is coming off of a win over Gouveia. I think that Cote is a level above Belcher. He is the better striker and I think he could knock Belcher out. Belcher is tough though and I think he could make it a three round war like he had against Akiyama at UFC 100. My prediction is a unanimous decision win for Patrick Cote.

shogun, i think since he'll be training while machida has the hand injury he'll improve me.

KOS

idk, idc

cote

Machida via TKO in the 3rd

Daley via KO in the 1st' date=' early 2nd maybe

Kimbo TKO in the 2nd

Belcher unanimous decision[/quote']

i like this. idk about the kos/daley fight though. it just depends on if Kos is smart about the fight or not.

Shogun

KOS

Mitrione

Cote

Machida v. Shogun

via TKO

Machida was injured in the first fight, yes but Shogun's skill played the biggest part. While Machida has had to heal Shogun has been training...for the same game plan. He kept this no secret, and I'm sure Machida knows it. Kick, kick, kick, kick ,kick, jab attempt, kick, kick...Machida will be ready next time, and as he said himself "maybe I had to get in a little trouble to get my head straight." We're going to see an evolved Machida, and that ****'s just scary. Shogun will be the same ol' Shogun.

Daley v. Kos

via KO

Normally, I'd go against Daley no matter who he was fighting, but I hate Kos just as much so I can actually be fair here. Kos is too confident with his striking, and unless he repeats the Rumble fight and take it to the ground he will lose the striking game. I said the same thing with the Rumble fight, where every second Kos stands up with him is a time bomb. If Kos stands up, he'll get KOd. Every fight starts standing, and Kos is just stupid enough to stay there.

Slice v. Mitrione

via KO

Kimbo is going to want to come back strong from his lackluster appearance. As much as people hate Kimbo his stand up is strong, he moves his head well, is quick, and hits hard. Mitrione just hits hard. He's slow, with no head movement, has the gas tank of a Hummer, and keeps his hands low. Don't get me wrong, Kimbo gets tired too, but Mitrione throws 5 punches and he's gassed. Kimbo showed his evolution in his last fight and if he keeps evolving at that rate, he could become a legitamite MMA fighter, and I think it'll show again in this fight. Any fight with two hard-hitters can go either way though.

Stop hating on the man. 90% of don't even stay in shape let alone train. He's evolving like every other fighter. Not like it matters anyways. Whether you want him to win or lose, you're still watching him and you still paid the $45 PPV fee because he's exciting to watch (usually). That's all they care about. None of you complain about Tank Abbot and he was just a street fighter. Get over it.

Cote v. Belcher

via UD

Cote is looking to come back big. Belcher thinks he's hot **** when he's really not, and that sort of confidence can turn on you. Cote is simply going to be better in al areas of the game than Belcher, and put him back in his place among the gatekeepers.

Rampage v. Evans

via KO

Rashad has gone back to his wrestling, and it's proved useful, but like Koscheck I think Rashad it going to try to prove a point to Rampage and be highly dissapointed with the result. To stand and bang with Rampage isn't a good idea for anybody.

Machida v. Shogun

via TKO

Machida was injured in the first fight' date=' yes but Shogun's skill played the biggest part. While Machida has had to heal Shogun has been training...for the same game plan. He kept this no secret, and I'm sure Machida knows it. Kick, kick, kick, kick ,kick, jab attempt, kick, kick...Machida will be ready next time, and as he said himself "maybe I had to get in a little trouble to get my head straight." We're going to see an evolved Machida, and that ****'s just scary. Shogun will be the same ol' Shogun.

[b']Daley[/b] v. Kos

via KO

Normally, I'd go against Daley no matter who he was fighting, but I hate Kos just as much so I can actually be fair here. Kos is too confident with his striking, and unless he repeats the Rumble fight and take it to the ground he will lose the striking game. I said the same thing with the Rumble fight, where every second Kos stands up with him is a time bomb. If Kos stands up, he'll get KOd. Every fight starts standing, and Kos is just stupid enough to stay there.

Slice v. Mitrione

via KO

Kimbo is going to want to come back strong from his lackluster appearance. As much as people hate Kimbo his stand up is strong, he moves his head well, is quick, and hits hard. Mitrione just hits hard. He's slow, with no head movement, has the gas tank of a Hummer, and keeps his hands low. Don't get me wrong, Kimbo gets tired too, but Mitrione throws 5 punches and he's gassed. Kimbo showed his evolution in his last fight and if he keeps evolving at that rate, he could become a legitamite MMA fighter, and I think it'll show again in this fight. Any fight with two hard-hitters can go either way though.

Stop hating on the man. 90% of don't even stay in shape let alone train. He's evolving like every other fighter. Not like it matters anyways. Whether you want him to win or lose, you're still watching him and you still paid the $45 PPV fee because he's exciting to watch (usually). That's all they care about. None of you complain about Tank Abbot and he was just a street fighter. Get over it.

Cote v. Belcher

via UD

Cote is looking to come back big. Belcher thinks he's hot **** when he's really not, and that sort of confidence can turn on you. Cote is simply going to be better in al areas of the game than Belcher, and put him back in his place among the gatekeepers.

Rampage v. Evans

via KO

Rashad has gone back to his wrestling, and it's proved useful, but like Koscheck I think Rashad it going to try to prove a point to Rampage and be highly dissapointed with the result. To stand and bang with Rampage isn't a good idea for anybody.

Ya I agree with all of this. I dont think Rampage vs Rashad is on this card anymore though.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm not sure about Kos vs. Daley; Koscheck is a lot better on the feet than he was in TUF, but Daley looks like he has hands of granite. I'm going with Kos as I feel that if he takes the fight to the ground, his wrestling background and his submission skills will come into play and allow him to exploit Daley's weakness (submissions).

Machida vs. Shogun is interesting. I thought Lyoto would dominate in the first match but it was the opposite. Now everyone seems to have ignored what happened in the first match, proclaiming that Shogun won't change his strategy and that Machida can simply finish him as a result. Shogun has never been finished by TKO or knockout, and I don't think either man can change their strategy that much. Machida always backs away and looks for openings, but if Rua can just try and force the fight at the end of each round, then even a decision victory should see him as the champion. I can't bet against Shogun after their first fight.

Between Lyoto, Shinzo, and Master Yoshizo, they will with out a doubt change their stragety and come up with a game plan that will enable The Dragon to finish this fight.

Machida has never had to switch his game plan up much because it has always worked. But now that Shogun has exploited a few holes in his game he will improve on his strategy and technique and come back the better fighter.

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

Between Lyoto' date=' Shinzo, and Master Yoshizo, they will with out a doubt change their stragety and come up with a game plan that will enable The Dragon to finish this fight.

Machida has never had to switch his game plan up much because it has always worked. But now that Shogun has exploited a few holes in his game he will improve on his strategy and technique and come back the better fighter.

-buy the ticket. take the ride.[/quote']

Once again i have to agree with KRYME....you are a smart man

Machida via TKO in the 3rd

Daley via KO in the 1st' date=' early 2nd maybe

Kimbo TKO in the 2nd

Belcher unanimous decision[/quote']

Did you even watch the Shogun-Machida fight? I'm a huge fan of the Dragon, but he was completely inneffective in all but the second round. If Machida manages to pull this one out, Rua's next fight should be Anderson Silva's 3rd fight @ 205. That would be the ultimate test of whether or not Silva should move up, since he has already stated he won't fight Lyoto.

• 1 month later...

Good analysis, I am at this one live, haven't missed one in Montreal yet. I remember the atmosphere when GSP came in to fight Serra...it was so loud. Montreal was also host to a couple of memorable fights. The way the crowd turned on one of its own (Kalib "the running man" Starnes) to cheer for Nate Quarry was something to see after Starnes pulled the worst performance in UFC history. Montrel was also host to the Silva Leites fight which was even worse than the Silva/Maia fiasco, that guy should sure does know how to blow main events.

For this one, I am looking forward to watching both Machida and Kimbo. I never miss the prelims or the weigh-ins, UFC 100 in Vegas had a couple of nice pre-lims that late comers missed.

Machida over Rua (this one is going to be close)

Koscheck over Daley

Stephens over Stout

Kimbo over Mitrione

Cote over Belcher

Lawlor over Credeur

Archived