Favorite fighting style ?!

Cagefighter9

Ehh, this is a tough question, cause you have to think about the styles in play against each other. I really enjoy great stand up fights when you got the likes of two great strikers like Paul Kelly vs Paul Taylor. Those are awesome. Pete Sell vs Scott Smith also comes to mind. But it's also really fun to watch two great BJJ guys go at it too, with all the crazy transitions. It's hard to think of a fight in UFC like that, but I've seen it more often in WEC.

But when you have a classic grappler vs striker, I guess I enjoy the grappler more. Watching him try and set up his submissions with an awesome transition is awesome. Where as a KO, like Mardquart over Maia, is just a KO. Though it sometimes is pretty cool, I guess

i chose BJJ as i love it the grappling bit is the best bit for me dont get me wrong i luv a good stand and bang but i find nothing better than a good grappling match

my top two fights of last year was

1. George Sitropolous vs George Roop (excellent show of grappling skills at the highest level all the transitions and reversals the sub attempts it was like sex to me lol)

2. Couture vs Noguiera (excellent fight had some ground with great grappling the anaconda attempt thought it wass all over but couture got it out then the stand and banging with Nog showing his excellent Boxing Skills )

honourable mention to - Diego vs Clay , BJ vs Diego , Stevenson vs Fisher, Dan Hardy vs Marcus Davis

I dont think I can pick which one I like the best.. it being MMA it should be which style combination do you like the best. I would have to say Judo/Kenpo Karate or Boxing/Wrestling. I love to see throws/slams, plus with boxing to compliment your wrestling this leads to GnP which I love. Also I am a huge fan of spinning back kicks and cresent kicks. Good thread.

Muay Thai!!! :cool: No doubt about it.

The question was Favorite Fighting style? So you need to pick one fighting style only and no more, so if I had to pick a style that would serve me well in all situations, I go with Muay Thai because of its visciousness, devastating power, and all around overwhelming damage!!!

Remember Vitor doing a jumping knee on an oponent and opening a big gash on a dude's forehead.Oh, and Wanderlei, Anderson, Brandon Vera, Bas Rutten, and Dream welterweight champ, Marius Zaromskis have demonstrated in their fights the awesome unstoppable power of Muay Thai.

Also, Muay Thai self defense is effective against multiple attackers, close quarters fighting, and of course the clinch.

For other awesome Muay Thai fighting displays just rent Tony Jaa's movies, Ong Bak The Thai Warrior and The Protector.

Also' date=' Muay Thai self defense is effective against multiple attackers, close quarters fighting, and of course the clinch.

[/quote']

I have to disagree, Muay Thai would not be effective against multiple attackers. IMO it dose not matter what defense you have as the best defense is an offensive defense! But against multiple attackers you better pray for some luck, and start the bob and weave.

Archived