Jon Bones Jones

stonedplayer101

Okay so just throwing this out there but does anyone else think Jones is over hyped. i mean come on who has he fought. I think if you throw him in the octagon against someone like Thaigo Silva or Rampage he would look like a little girl. They would run a train on him.

Overhyped maybe by the guys on this sight, thats it. I think he has potential, but hasn't beat down anybody worth mentioning.

2 decisions

1 sub

1 lose

Okay so just throwing this out there but does anyone else think Jones is over hyped. i mean come on who has he fought. I think if you throw him in the octagon against someone like Thaigo Silva or Rampage he would look like a little girl. They would run a train on him.

Honestly, I don't see how you would know that he would get beat so badly against Silva/Rampage. Also, how is Thiago Silva not overhyped. Seriously, I like Thiago, but who has he beat that is good? Also, people say he hasn't beat anyone. Anderson Silva beat Chris Leben who is not a high-caliber fighter. Look where he is at today. Everyone starts somewhere so you can't hate on a fighter because he hasn't fought anyone of high-caliber.

Everyone that does well and is exciting at the same time gets a lot of hype. That's the way things work. I don't really care if guys get hyped up, it's good for them to get ahead so they can then start fight some of the top competition. PLUS... Jones is pretty young. They probably don't want to throw him to the wolves yet.

Matt Hamill is no joke, bro.

yeah you can't call him over hyped just because he hasn't faught any top guys yet. But the Vera fight should be a big step for him if he wins it. He's just recognized cause he's a very skilled fighter with a lot of potential.

I say Vera will win.

Overhyped maybe by the guys on this sight' date=' thats it. I think he has potential, but hasn't beat down anybody worth mentioning.

2 decisions

1 sub

1 lose[/quote']

I think you mean 2 decisions 1 sub and 1 DQ and a lot of people thought Matt Hamill was going to run through him...well that didn't happen, he will be a top contender by the end of 2010!

It's either someone is Overhyped, or their not getting enough credit. How about this.. Jon Jones is getting the credit he deserves. Who would have thought of that. I mean it's not like people are asking for him to get a shot at Machida. The guy has ran through a few fighters, and absolutely took it to Matt Hamill. Sure he lost, but go ahead and chalk that one up to inexperience, sometimes you need that to get better. As far as I'm concerned, all the hype Bones is getting is well deserved and I only think it's going to increase.

I like the kid, really.

But I do think he is just a tad over hyped.

But not by much. The comment about him running away from Vera, just like Machida would, that is absurd. And he is fine in the weight class he is in. There is no reason in this world for him to move up to HW at the moment.

You sir' date=' are wrong.

I think once Jon Jones stops Brandon Vera sometime in the 1st round of their fight, his hype will be justified.[/quote']

Agreed. If he cant get past the keeper of all then he has made his bed. If he can own Vera (ground & standing) he will get respect. Dont forget Randy had an average outing againts him. If bones can do what Randy couldn't.... Well, a hero could be born.

Because people who recognize talent in a fighter instead of basing opinions on what the other internet nerds say can tell pretty plainly that the kid has talent to spare and has incredible potential. Sure he has the holes in his game that every young fighter does but he also is totally capable of fixing that and improving everywher.

And Matt Hamill is no pushover, though I feel like he was a bit overhyped himself since the Bisping fight as the sentimental favorite. His skill set is miniscule in comparison to Jones in reality but alot of people had him pegged as the next big LHW thing. Some even said he had the tools to beat Machida, and that was purely due to a dislike of Machida.

Jones has a solid wrestling background, has shown a submission aptitude both defensively and offensively, and a dynamic striking style which is going to carry him far in this sport.

I really hate that whole tired argument about "he hasn't fought anyone". Look at his performances and the skills he shows. He is not going out looking like a bar fighter against a club fighter, he looks like a skilled fighter against less skilled opponents. And when he faced the guy everyone was convinced would manhandle, GnP, and beat him down, he obliterated and made Hamill look like he belongs back in Junior College.

Dude is good, recognize that!

Archived