How many people cheered Dan, yet booed Aoki?

Brent555

I'm just wondering who falls into the category of people who cheered when Dan took an obvious cheap shot that could have seriously injured Bisping, yet they complained when Aoki flipped his opponent off. I'll be the first to admit, when Henderson first jumped on him, I thought it was great...but then I realized how badly he could have hurt the guy. I have to say in my opinion it was much worse than what Aoki did, even though I don't approve of him either. Anybody disagree or admit that they did for whatever reason disapprove of Aoki, but cheer Hendo?

I'm just wondering who falls into the category of people who cheered when Dan took an obvious cheap shot that could have seriously injured Bisping' date=' yet they complained when Aoki flipped his opponent off. I'll be the first to admit, when Henderson first jumped on him, I thought it was great...but then I realized how badly he could have hurt the guy. I have to say in my opinion it was much worse than what Aoki did, even though I don't approve of him either. Anybody disagree or admit that they did for whatever reason disapprove of Aoki, but cheer Hendo?[/quote']

No, both were acts of malice. One was more serious, because of the end result. Nothing was injured with Hendo/Bisping except the Count's pride. Honestly, we don't know the full story behind Aoki anyways. Maybe his opponent was trash talking more than Mir before Lesnar/Mir 2. People seem to think that is justified because of trash talk. Besides that, it was Aoki's opponents fault for not tapping. Which makes it even more suspect for disrespect towrds Aoki. A la Congo not tapping to Mir, even though he knew he was done.

I cheer Dan and Aoki.

Me too' date=' LOL

Why did nobody ***** up a storm when Henderson did it to Wanderlei in Pride? Or when Rampage did it to Wanderlei at UFC 92? In fact, Rampage hit Wandy 3 times WHILE the ref was trying to pull him off. Hendo stopped immediately.

Wanna talk about double standards?

Thats the same thing I was thinking, same exact punch to an already beaten Wandy. The thing about Aoki was that him and Mizuto were talking trash to each other. And when Aoki had him basically beat the guy didnt wanna tapout, so he broke the arm and flipped him off cos Mizuto wouldve done if he had beaten Aoki.

Brocks was far worse cos he didnt stop after beating Mir, he went to his face and started spewing at the mouth, and then flipped off the crowd, and then dissed the sponsor. Things that Hendo didnt do after beating Bisping and Wandy, and as far as Aoki was concerned Japan loved every moment of it. Except for Sengoku and Aoki's gym.

No' date=' both were acts of malice. One was more serious, because of the end result. [/b']Nothing was injured with Hendo/Bisping except the Count's pride. Honestly, we don't know the full story behind Aoki anyways. Maybe his opponent was trash talking more than Mir before Lesnar/Mir 2. People seem to think that is justified because of trash talk. Besides that, it was Aoki's opponents fault for not tapping. Which makes it even more suspect for disrespect towrds Aoki. A la Congo not tapping to Mir, even though he knew he was done.

You are taking the arm breaking as an act of malice then? I wasn't even referring to it in my opening post because the guy didn't tap and Aoki obviously wasn't going to just let i go so who is to say it was an act of malice at all? I'm strictly talking about the obvious act of malice which was flipping him off, which isn't anywhere near as dangerous as putting all your weight into a jumping punch on an unconscious opponent, lol. Like I said, I don't approve of either of them. Just curious if anybody flamed Aoki yet thought what Henderson did was excusable.

Me too' date=' LOL

Thats the same thing I was thinking, same exact punch to an already beaten Wandy. The thing about Aoki was that him and Mizuto were talking trash to each other. And when Aoki had him basically beat the guy didnt wanna tapout, so he broke the arm and flipped him off cos Mizuto wouldve done if he had beaten Aoki.

Brocks was far worse cos he didnt stop after beating Mir, he went to his face and started spewing at the mouth, and then flipped off the crowd, and then dissed the sponsor. Things that Hendo didnt do after beating Bisping and Wandy, and as far as Aoki was concerned Japan loved every moment of it. Except for Sengoku and Aoki's gym.[/quote']

The thing is, it's Hendo's job to finish the fight, not stop it. I'm a Wandy fan and even I won't complain about it because once the ref stopped him, he stopped. That's the bottom line. Rampage on the other hand hit Wandy 3 times WHILE the ref tried pulling him off. It's not like Hendo pulled a Psychoudjou at Dream 9.

The thing is' date=' it's Hendo's job to finish the fight, not stop it. I'm a Wandy fan and even I won't complain about it because once the ref stopped him, he stopped. That's the bottom line. Rampage on the other hand hit Wandy 3 times WHILE the ref tried pulling him off. It's not like Hendo pulled a Psychoudjou at Dream 9.[/quote']

He needed to hit Wandy three times because:

The first hit was for Rampage's first lost to Wandy.

The second hit was for Rampage's second lost to Wandy and now they're even.

The third hit was to put him ahead of Wandy.

All justified lol

Did you even watch the fight? If you did then you would know Hendo caught his **** when his head was down. He didn't even see the punch connect, he just knew that he hit him. So when he looks up to see a falling Bisping, he's supposed to immediately stop his flowing adrenaline and fighting instincts and pull up on that one punch as hes falling to the ground. Get out of here man, the two incidents aren't even comparable.

Did you even watch the fight? If you did then you would know Hendo caught his **** when his head was down. He didn't even see the punch connect' date=' he just knew that he hit him. So when he looks up to see a falling Bisping, he's supposed to immediately stop his flowing adrenaline and fighting instincts and pull up on that one punch as hes falling to the ground. Get out of here man, the two incidents aren't even comparable.[/quote']

i would agree with you except for the fact that hendo said after, that the last punch was just to shut him up after all the trash talk....so that kinda makes your whole post a moot point

Why did nobody ***** up a storm when Henderson did it to Wanderlei in Pride? Or when Rampage did it to Wanderlei at UFC 92? In fact' date=' Rampage hit Wandy 3 times WHILE the ref was trying to pull him off. Hendo stopped immediately.

Wanna talk about double standards?[/quote']

Because Rampage didn't frog splash onto Wandy the way Hendo did to Bisping!

Because Rampage didn't frog splash onto Wandy the way Hendo did to Bisping!

You're right he didn't. He just stood there crouched over an unconcious Wandy' date=' reigning down punches while the ref tugged at him to stop.[/quote']

Exactly. SOme people have no double standards.

KO + 1 punch + stop when ref stops you is worse than...

KO + 1 punch + ref pulls on you + 1 more + 1 more + 1 more?

Nice double standard there, guy.

Hardy gets beat easily.by GSP....another bad fight pick by the UFC.

and excuse me for being rude but what does that have to do with the subject being discussed?

To me what Dan Henderson did to Bisbing was par for the course but what Rampage did to wanderlei I think to him was revenge for the 2 savage beatings Wandy did on him. Remember Wanderlei hates skulls afterall. Rampage had no right really to do that. Brock had no right to do what he did Aoki was pretty bad as well.

Their all examples of poor sportsmanship but, you can't put Dan's shot on Bisbing on the same level as the other 3 recent examples.

Dan seriously did nothing wrong. You fight until the ref pulls you. What would you have said if Dan connected on the first, and by some miracle Bisping got back to his senses in 1 second and caught a leg to finish the fight by kneebar? "Good sportsmanship Dan", no it would be more like "WTF WHY DIDN'T HE JUST JUMP ON HIM".

Aoki did nothing wrong during the fight also. He had a submission, the other guy didn't tap. It's his fault for not tapping, now he's dealing with the consequences. Flipping off the crowd wasn't very nice but whatever.

Rampage was wrong because he didn't stop when the ref pulled him, but I guess you can put this on the adrenaline.(I think it's more like revenge tho.) He also did nothing wrong after the fight, he even checked on Wandy.

Exactly. SOme people have no double standards.

KO + 1 punch + stop when ref stops you is worse than...

KO + 1 punch + ref pulls on you + 1 more + 1 more + 1 more?

Nice double standard there' date=' guy.[/quote']

I think Rampage is a punk for doing that, I lost some respect for Dan too but not as much because Bisping asked for it. Wandy didn't, Page was just crying over previous losses. Still that doesn't excuse Hendo for it either.

That being said I would probably do the exact same thing that Hendo did if I was fighting someone like Bisping.

Did you even watch the fight? If you did then you would know Hendo caught his **** when his head was down. He didn't even see the punch connect' date=' he just knew that he hit him. So when he looks up to see a falling Bisping, he's supposed to immediately stop his flowing adrenaline and fighting instincts and pull up on that one punch as hes falling to the ground. Get out of here man, the two incidents aren't even comparable.[/quote']

Lol. Yes, I watched the fight. I also watched the interview after where Henderson said he knew he was out and the last punch was to shut him up. Most people knew that, so I didn't feel it was necessary to point it out in the opening topic, but maybe I should have for you.

Archived