Fedor vs Werdum 99% confirmed "I Already have a stradegy to beat him"

chainsaw084

With Alistair Overeem off overseas doing whatever Alistair Overeem does, all signs have pointed to Fabricio Werdum getting the next crack at Fedor Emelianenko. And now according to Werdum himself, the fight is ?99% confirmed.?

?The fight against Fedor is 99% confirmed to April 16th. I have three months to train to the most important fight of my life. I already have a strategy set. I can?t submit a guy like Fedor in the arm, in the leg, he would never tap? I?ll make history. Beat Fedor doesn?t mean I?m better than him, because he?s the man, but I?ll be better than him in that night.?

Kudos to Werdum for managing to declare impending victory and give Fedor major respect all in the same breath. I?d love to know what his strategy is though, because if Werdum doesn?t think he can submit Fedor, how does he expect to win?

Hmm?maybe if he had Superman?s super breath he could freeze him into submission?oh wait, nevermind, that won?t work either.

http://www.mmaconvert.com/2010/01/19/werdum-fedor-fight-is-99-confirmed/

IMO i dought werdum could beat fedor with any gameplan

Ferdor is fighting ....poor competitors......

He ought to stop by Mirs or Coutures gym....I think they would fight him for free!

Or any UFC fighter who wants to can accept Fedor's invitation to do the same thing. He doesn't have to go to them they can come to him. But they wont. And seriously Frank Mir, Couture? They'd both get beaten horribly.

Ferdor is fighting ....poor competitors......

He ought to stop by Mirs or Coutures gym....I think they would fight him for free!

im pretty sure Fedor already said he would fight Brock for free

but Brocks kinda chained down (not sickness but his contract) so..he cant

Fedor doesnt have to go to them' date=' they should be trying to go to Fedor

[b']have you noticed how the guy says "gets the next shot at Fedor" not "Fedor gets his shot at Werdum"?[/b]

theres a reason

I think what Werdum means is that he would have to choke Fedor out. He doesn't see Fedor tapping to an armbar or kimura. I'm sure he thinks he can submit him somehow.

LOL @ This fights a joke. You guys do realize Werdum is 3-2 against current UFC fighters, right? One of those losses being to Big Nog. No shame in that.

Werdum > Kongo, Gonzaga, Carwin, Cain

I beg somebody to argue that with me.

once again Fedor is fighting a worthless fighter. Personally Im sick of Gaydor' date=' if you dont fight the best then you ARE NOT the best.....no matter what youve done in the past, TODAY you only fight losers and nobodies.[/quote']

Arlovski - former UFC champion ranked #3 in the world at the time

Tim Sylvia - 5 time defending UFC HW champion ranked #5 in the world at the time

Rogers - just as credentialed as Kongo, Cain, Carwin, Gonzaga or any other young UFC HW other than JDS

Werdum - more credentialed than Kongo, Cain JDS, Carwin or Brock.

Tim Sylvia - 5 time defending UFC HW champion ranked #5 in the world at the time

Rogers - just as credentialed as Kongo' date=' Cain, Carwin, Gonzaga or any other young UFC HW other than JDS

Werdum - more credentialed than Kongo, Cain JDS, Carwin or Brock.[/quote']

yes

keep goin man

these guys who are sayin Fedors not fightin top notch wouldnt know a ***** if it hit them in the face

Rogers - just as credentialed as Kongo' date=' Cain, Carwin, Gonzaga or any other young UFC HW other than JDS

Werdum - more credentialed than Kongo, Cain JDS, Carwin or Brock.[/quote']

Not much has changed since last time I was on.

Idiots speaking of things way out of their intelligence and Alpha coming to spread some light on facts.

Keep up the good work bro.

Werdum can't hang in the ufc let alone beat one of the greatest hw's. Fights a joke and a waste of time.

umm u could have left it at "cant hang in the ufc" since there are no good hw's outside of the UFC. other than ones that fight nobodies who were changing tires last year

umm u could have left it at "cant hang in the ufc" since there are no good hw's outside of the UFC. other than ones that fight nobodies who were changing tires last year

And how do you feel about Mir fighting a guy who still works full time as an engineer? Funny how people have no double standards. :rolleyes:

once again Fedor is fighting a worthless fighter. Personally Im sick of Gaydor' date=' if you dont fight the best then you ARE NOT the best.....no matter what youve done in the past, TODAY you only fight losers and nobodies.[/quote']

by saying this all you are doing is proving to everybody that you dont have a sniff about the sport of MMA

I think what Werdum means is that he would have to choke Fedor out. He doesn't see Fedor tapping to an armbar or kimura. I'm sure he thinks he can submit him somehow.

LOL @ This fights a joke. You guys do realize Werdum is 3-2 against current UFC fighters' date=' right? One of those losses being to Big Nog. No shame in that.

I beg somebody to argue that with me.[/quote']

dont forget dos santos, he got knocked out bad to dos santos

dont forget dos santos' date=' he got knocked out bad to dos santos[/quote']

Yeah, JDS is a monster. But if he's so good why is there shame in Werdum losing to him? People make it out like Werdum couldn't cut it in the UFC even though he went 2-2 in the UFC, 1 of those losses not even to a guy in the UFC anymore. It was to Arlovski when Arlovski went on a 5 fight winning streak to become the #3 HW in the world.

Anybody who says Werdum is a joke knows nothing about MMA. Just saying.

Yeah' date=' JDS is a monster. But if he's so good why is there shame in Werdum losing to him? People make it out like Werdum couldn't cut it in the UFC even though he went 2-2 in the UFC, 1 of those losses not even to a guy in the UFC anymore. It was to Arlovski when Arlovski went on a 5 fight winning streak to become the #3 HW in the world.

Anybody who says Werdum is a joke knows nothing about MMA. Just saying.[/quote']

^^Indeed. But man, you just can't consider Werdum a worthy challenger to Fedor right now.

I mean, he's good, but he just isn't in great form right now. This fight comes in a bad time for him.

^^Indeed. But man' date=' you just can't consider Werdum a worthy challenger to Fedor right now.

I mean, he's good, but he just isn't in great form right now. This fight comes in a bad time for him.[/quote']

I disagree. People said the same thing about Shogun Vs Machida.

He will be the most prepared he has ever been in this fight. Take my word. He took a beating from Silva and kept on trucking. Showed great recovery and a great chin to come back and win. Werdum is a great fighter who has fought some tough guys. Nogueira, JDS, Overeem, Arlovski, Sergai, Aleks Emelianenko. He's very experienced and has fought some very tough guys. He will only get better and he has gotten better. I think he might be the biggest threat to Fedor in Strikeforce unless SF actually signs Barnett.

And how do you feel about Mir fighting a guy who still works full time as an engineer? Funny how people have no double standards. :rolleyes:

Still waiting on the answer.

I disagree. People said the same thing about Shogun Vs Machida.

He will be the most prepared he has ever been in this fight. Take my word. He took a beating from Silva and kept on trucking. Showed great recovery and a great chin to come back and win. Werdum is a great fighter who has fought some tough guys. Nogueira' date=' JDS, Overeem, Arlovski, Sergai, Aleks Emelianenko. He's very experienced and has fought some very tough guys. He will only get better and he has gotten better. I think he might be the biggest threat to Fedor in Strikeforce unless SF actually signs Barnett.[/quote']

Good point. I like the Shogun comparison.

And yes, Werdum is game. He will probably give a gigantic fight to Fedor, and ground-wise, it's a really interesting matchup. He's surely a better test than Rogers, but still, I still have him below Overeem as a potential threat to the Emperor.

pretty sure we an all agree that the guys who know nothing about MMA

think that if you arnt in the UFC or are not in the UFC anymore' date=' then you suck

i saw someone earlier say Hendo isnt as good as he used to be or watever

buncha rah-tards man[/quote']

Yeah, I started hearing the same thing when Huerta said he wanted to go to Strikeforce.

"Huerta sucks anyway. So overrated. He can't win the UFC"

Anyone who leaves the UFC simply couldn't make it. Arlovski left voluntarily on a 3 fight win streak yet "he couldn't make it in the UFC". lol.

pretty sure we an all agree that the guys who know nothing about MMA

think that if you arnt in the UFC or are not in the UFC anymore' date=' then you suck

i saw someone earlier say Hendo isnt as good as he used to be or watever

buncha rah-tards man[/quote']

Yeah' date=' I started hearing the same thing when Huerta said he wanted to go to Strikeforce.

"Huerta sucks anyway. So overrated. He can't win the UFC"

Anyone who leaves the UFC simply couldn't make it. Arlovski left voluntarily on a 3 fight win streak yet "he couldn't make it in the UFC". lol.[/quote']

2 of the truest statements ever.

Fedor is controlled by his handlers.....like a circus act....

Fedor now.....fights sub par fighters....

Fedor.....is out of the top 10 until he fights some recent decent competitors......

matt Linland would have beat him if Fedor had not held the ropes.

Fedor isnt going to anyones gym or even to the bathroom without his handlers permission...that is evident by his contract decision........

And as far as i know...does Fedor have a gym he owns in the US that Frank or Couture could stop by to give me a lesson i cage fighting?

Talking about Fedor is nothing more then speculating.......He used to be a Great fighter...but he now he fights no bodys.....and is scarred of The UFC cage....and a big pile of money Dana offered him........

Until he gets out of the minor leagues ...hes not even a factor...anymore.

In the UFC everyone is calling Fedor out.......and Fedor isnt calling out anyone in the UFC because he doesnt want any.....

Like i said before.....I like Fedor....but his decision about the UFC contract only says 2 things:

1. I am my handlers pool boy

2. I cant beat those guys in the UFC no matter how much they pay me.

And Mir can submit Fedor and Nogueria

If Couture had Fedor up against the cage likeBrett Rodgers had him against the cage.....he will get dumped on his head.

He couldnt finish Nogueria......and Mir mad Nogueria look like a amatuer......(and enough about the staph infection)....he has no head movement and is slower then Mir and has less power......

Fedor is controlled by his handlers.....like a circus act....

Fedor now.....fights sub par fighters....

Fedor.....is out of the top 10 until he fights some recent decent competitors......

matt Linland would have beat him if Fedor had not held the ropes.

Fedor isnt going to anyones gym or even to the bathroom without his handlers permission...that is evident by his contract decision........

And as far as i know...does Fedor have a gym he owns in the US that Frank or Couture could stop by to give me a lesson i cage fighting?

Talking about Fedor is nothing more then speculating.......He used to be a Great fighter...but he now he fights no bodys.....and is scarred of The UFC cage....and a big pile of money Dana offered him........

Until he gets out of the minor leagues ...hes not even a factor...anymore.

In the UFC everyone is calling Fedor out.......and Fedor isnt calling out anyone in the UFC because he doesnt want any.....

Like i said before.....I like Fedor....but his decision about the UFC contract only says 2 things:

1. I am my handlers pool boy

2. I cant beat those guys in the UFC no matter how much they pay me.

And Mir can submit Fedor and Nogueria

If Couture had Fedor up against the cage likeBrett Rodgers had him against the cage.....he will get dumped on his head.

He couldnt finish Nogueria......and Mir mad Nogueria look like a amatuer......(and enough about the staph infection)....he has no head movement and is slower then Mir and has less power......

Yes... nevermind what the MMA authorities that come up with rankings and such say... YOU said Fedor isnt ranked #1 so it must be true.

but if Werdum were still in the UFC and close to top 10 all you Brock lovers would say he could beat Fedor

im pretty sure Fedor already said he would fight Brock for free

but Brocks kinda chained down (not sickness but his contract) so..he cant

Fedor doesnt have to go to them' date=' they should be trying to go to Fedor

[b']have you noticed how the guy says "gets the next shot at Fedor" not "Fedor gets his shot at Werdum"?[/b]

theres a reason

You are a fool. Why bring Brock into this? This is not UFC news so it should not be here either!

LOL @ This fights a joke. You guys do realize Werdum is 3-2 against current UFC fighters' date=' right? One of those losses being to Big Nog. No shame in that.

I beg somebody to argue that with me.[/quote']

You need to add Mir to the list below Vai-Cavallo. Same record, losses to 4 donkeys from Mir. All of Werdum's losses against top competition.

Fabricio will lose by way of KO. He couldn't last beyond the 1st round with JDS. I think Fedor will basically either KO him, or beat him on the ground. He has a better ground game, and he's alot stronger then Fabricio is. Fabricio does have heart though, he's just not motivated to stay in shape.

Werdum isnt in the top 50 HW let alone the top 10. None of the past 5 Fedor fights (besides Arlovski) were any of the people in the top ten. Sylvia?? Nope. Rogers?? Maybe at 9 or 10. Werdum?? Hell no...Werdum is worthless. Hong man CHoi??? nope try again.... Matt Lindland??? Not on his best day

Fedor was great in pride...but as many pride fighters will tell you, Pride was rigged. Dont believe me, check out Fedor vs Arona....Ricardo won every round, controlled the fight and lost Unanimous decision!!??? B.S. Fedor is a great fighter but until he holds Ufc gold (which is the highest honor in MMA) Not the made up in a steakhouse-chucky cheese- WAMMA belt.....Fedor will have his blind, excuse making fans, and his perfect record of fighting losers the last years of his career.

Archived