UFC signs undefeated HW, 6 '5, 250 lbs HW Chad Corvin

SCO1406051224

http://cagepages.com/2010/01/20/undefeated-heavyweight-prospect-chad-corvin-signs-with-ufc/

None of his fights have been past the 1st round.

Damn the UFC HW division is getting stacked. Strikefarce who?

Lesnar,

Nog,

Mir,

Carwin,

JDS,

Cain,

Hot new prospects

Dufee,

and now Corvin.

Mid

Gonzaga

Kongo

Bottom

Struve

Buentello

Roy Nelson

Eh... someone with good takedown defense and good striking has a decent chance also. This guy is kind of like Carwin... all those stoppages look good on paper' date=' but who has he really beat?[/quote']No because Carwin is a legit wrestler. Hence the reason why Carwin has a chance against Brock.

The only people that have a hope in hell at stuffing Brock's TD's are legit wrestlers.

UFC's HW division stacked? It has like 4 fighters worth mentioning.

BS.

Lesnar, Nog, Mir, Carwin, JDS, Cain are all elite top 10.

Gonzaga, Kongo are solid HW's

Dufee, Corvin are exciting prospects.

Hell Roy Nelson could beat most fighters in Strikeforce.

Then you got guys like Struve at the bottom of the UFC roster.

BS.

Lesnar' date=' Nog, Mir, Carwin, JDS, Cain are all elite top 10.

Then you got guys like Struve at the bottom of the UFC roster.[/quote']

Lesnar, Mir, Nog, JDS. Gonzaga is average but I'll include him.

The rest are nothing worth mentioning. People who made a name of themselves beating up cans and 1 average fighter.

That makes 5. Stacked?

BS.

Carwin and Cain could very easily be incredibly overrated... we shall see soon.

Gonzaga is solid? According to you, he should be a can. Kongo IS a can.

Roy Nelson is garbage.

Duffee is a good prospect, we will see about this guy Corvin

No shot in hell.

The only guys in the UFC with a shot are Couture' date=' Carwin and Velesquez.[/quote']

Remember that Brock took Randy Couture down w/o cease twice!! I've to say that Randy was one of the best HW TD defense artist and can't be compared to the likes of Carwin or Velequez. Velequez is lil bit bigger than Randy but his wrestling is inferior, he hasn't impressed me his wrestling in his last two fights. We haven't seen much of Carwin wrestling abilities, we've seen him get out of Gabe's guard but Gabe couldn't keep his opponent down if his life depended on it..

Don't forget to set your DVR tomorrow at 11am espn

Carwin and Cain could very easily be incredibly overrated... we shall see soon.

Gonzaga is solid? According to you' date=' he should be a can. Kongo IS a can.

Roy Nelson is garbage.

Duffee is a good prospect, we will see about this guy Corvin[/quote']Gonzaga is absolutley solid. He has both striking and BJJ. He is inconsistant, and lost to a few guys he shouldn't have, but he has more tools to win than most in the division.

Kongo isn't great but he is one of the best HW strikers and is a threat to anyone on any given night.

Remember that Brock took Randy Couture down w/o cease twice!! I've to say that Randy was one of the best HW TD defense artist and can't be compared to the likes of Carwin or Velequez. Velequez is lil bit bigger than Randy but his wrestling is inferior' date=' he hasn't impressed me his wrestling in his last two fights. We haven't seen much of Carwin wrestling abilities, we've seen him get out of Gabe's guard but Gabe couldn't keep his opponent down if his life depended on it..

Don't forget to set your DVR tomorrow at 11am espn[/quote']Oh don't get me wrong, I think Brock is a much more dominant wrestler than Couture, Carwin or Cain, my point is simply that they're the only ones with any kind of a chance at stuffing his TD's.

Gonzaga is absolutley solid. He has both striking and BJJ. He is inconsistant' date=' and lost to a few guys he shouldn't have, but he has more tools to win than most in the division.

[/quote']

Please explain to me how Gonzaga is solid when he got beat by Werdum twice and you claim he is practically a can?

BS.

Lets see.......Lesnar lost and beat Mir, Mir lost to Vera, Carwin hasnt fought anyone but Gonzaga, and JDS got subbed by a can in Joaquim Ferreira. But at least he's beaten Werdum. Nog has already lost to Fedor twice, and in his prime.

Gonzaga hasnt beaten anyone since he beat Cro Cop back in 2007, wait a minute thats the same thing with Kongo. ANd Kongo lost to Herring where Cro Cop anihilated him.

Duffee a can who beat a can in 7 seconds.

Lets see.......Lesnar lost and beat Mir' date=' Mir lost to Vera, Carwin hasnt fought anyone but Gonzaga, [b']and JDS got subbed by a can in Joaquim Ferreira[/b]. But at least he's beaten Werdum. Nog has already lost to Fedor twice, and in his prime.

Gonzaga hasnt beaten anyone since he beat Cro Cop back in 2007, wait a minute thats the same thing with Kongo. ANd Kongo lost to Herring where Cro Cop anihilated him.

Duffee a can who beat a can in 7 seconds.

So your basing Junior Dos Santos future in the heavyweight division on 1 of his 1st fights when he was learning the ropes, and not on his recent 4 when he's beat established heavyweights. WHwat next Anderson is rubbish because he got beat of a guy in Japan 3 years ago, Grow up man.

http://cagepages.com/2010/01/20/undefeated-heavyweight-prospect-chad-corvin-signs-with-ufc/

Lesnar' date='

Nog,

Mir,

Carwin,

JDS,

Cain,

Dufee,

and now Corvin.

Gonzaga

Kongo[/quote']

Another Ufc Hype job going on

Duffee has had one fight agaisnt a can, Cain hasnt had a decent fight yet, Kongo has no ground game and Mir i think is the most inconsistent fighter in mma. People slate strikeforce for no reason Werdum is a top figher. Big foot Silva i think is a great fighter and then Fedor, Overeem and a powerfull Rogers(who is pretty much the same as Carwin/lesnar)

Im not saying Ufc heavyweights arent good but lets be realistic strikeforce can compete with the ufc in the heavyweight division so lets give them credit when credit is due.

Another Ufc Hype job going on

Duffee has had one fight agaisnt a can' date=' Cain hasnt had a decent fight [b']yet, Kongo has no ground game and Mir i think is the most inconsistent fighter in mma. People slate strikeforce for no reason Werdum is a top figher. Big foot Silva i think is a great fighter [/b]and then Fedor, Overeem and a powerfull Rogers(who is pretty much the same as Carwin/lesnar)

Im not saying Ufc heavyweights arent good but lets be realistic strikeforce can compete with the ufc in the heavyweight division so lets give them credit when credit is due.

Another anti UFC hype job going on with your thread. If you think Werdum and Big Foot Silva are so good than how good does that make Dos Santos then? Also newsflash Overeem does not fight for Strikeforce hasn't for 2 years and I personally don't believe he will again, he'll be stripped of the title mid next year.

The ufcs hw division is one of the best out there. I mean come on roy nelson is one of our bottom guys and hes pretty good.

It's certainly the best its been for a long time. I really dont know how anyone could say Strikforce's is up there with it it really isn't. I do think Strikeforce has some fighters who could compete competitively in the UFC from each division but NO division is as stacked as the UFC's.

As for the original topic of heavyweights Scott Coker asked Paul Buentello to fight Fedor before he left who in all but name is really the Heavyweight Champion there and certainly the top Heavyweight. I like Paul but does anyone think Dana considered putting him straight in there with Brock when he came, perpective people.

Another anti UFC hype job going on with your thread. If you think Werdum and Big Foot Silva are so good than how good does that make Dos Santos then? Also newsflash Overeem does not fight for Strikeforce hasn't for 2 years and I personally don't believe he will again' date=' he'll be stripped of the title mid next year.[/quote']

JDS is a good up and coming fighter i never said he was not he striking is not technically great but his power is very good. And im not saying anything bad about the ufc i was saying the one division in strikeforce that matches up well is there HW division. Overeem still is owned my strikeforce and dream and says he wants to fight fedor so i still class him as strikeforce. Plus he is still their champion at the moment so he is still at strikeforce even if he has not competed for a long time.

Corvin need 2 figths first before he can go up against the top notch HW in UFC. Wish he's first fight would be against Cro Cop so he could really put him into retirement now. Then he needs to clean up some PRIDE fighters so their hype will be over in UFC HW, so I wish he would take on Yvel then. Then the first top notch HW I would like him to destroy is Big Nog.

JDS is a good up and coming fighter i never said he was not he striking is not technically great but his power is very good. And im not saying anything bad about the ufc i was saying the one division in strikeforce that matches up well is there HW division. Overeem still is owned my strikeforce and dream and says he wants to fight fedor so i still class him as strikeforce. Plus he is still their champion at the moment so he is still at strikeforce even if he has not competed for a long time.

Fair enough in my opinion though he's only Strikeforce in name only as said personally I just see him dropping the belt, he isn't even going to fight on the CBS card to at least fight someone else to promote a Fedor fight as he's doing K1 in March again.

Personally I see the Middleweight Division in Strikeforce as the strongest one, although still lacking the UFC in depth.

Middleweight you have Henderson, Shields, Lawler, Manhoef, Jacare, Linland, Miller. I think if you put UFC up against the top Strikforce guys you would get:

Anderson beating Henderson

Belfort beating Shields

Marquadt beating Lawler

Wanderlei beating Miller

Jacare beating Bisping

Akiyama beating Manhoef

Belcher beating Linland

You could argue some of them but I dont see how Strikeforce could come out on top, and if you went deeper the UFC has much depeer divisions in general.

I gotta say that the UFC's HW's could most likely wreck strikeforces HW..JDS already got the best of werdum..If brock ever gets healthy again i believe he can take fedor out if they ever fought..I think cain V. could Ground and pound rogers easily..I mean..it goes on..

I gotta say that the UFC's HW's could most likely wreck strikeforces HW..JDS already got the best of werdum..If brock ever gets healthy again i believe he can take fedor out if they ever fought..I think cain V. could Ground and pound rogers easily..I mean..it goes on..

This is my point though of over hyping Ufc fighters. JDS beat werdum no arguments and in a rematch it could happen again, but to say brock could beat fedor based upon his fights against a small randy he struggles against and mir who is the most inconsistent fighter in the ufc and he has lost to him. Cain is unproven and has not looked impressive yet and definatly has not looked like he has the power or bjj to finish any fight at the moment. Big Nog vs rogers would be great but i would love to see Carwin vs Rogers i think there both the same.

I would like to point out im not saying i think strikeforce is better or i dont like Ufc heavyweights im a big fan of Nog and JDS i just think i would rather see Big foot Silva, Werdum, Overeem and Fedor in the ufc then it would truly be the best rather then Struve, Buentello, Roy Nelson and definatly Ben Rothwell

This is my point though of over hyping Ufc fighters. JDS beat werdum no arguments and in a rematch it could happen again' date=' but to say brock could beat fedor based upon his fights against a small randy he struggles against and mir who is the most inconsistent fighter in the ufc and he has lost to him. Cain is unproven and has not looked impressive yet and definatly has not looked like he has the power or bjj to finish any fight at the moment. Big Nog vs rogers would be great but i would love to see Carwin vs Rogers i think there both the same.

I would like to point out im not saying i think strikeforce is better or i dont like Ufc heavyweights im a big fan of Nog and JDS i just think i would rather see Big foot Silva, Werdum, Overeem and Fedor in the ufc then it would truly be the best rather then Struve, Buentello, Roy Nelson and definatly Ben Rothwell[/quote']

Brock is still developin but you cant say he hasnt got better..If brock took fedor down..If he could control someone of franks size and frank is a ground guy too..I think brock would win by ground and pound..Cain?? dude he was takin some serious damage from kongo..to come back and win?? Carwin could probably smash rogers due to the fact that rogers hardly has a ground game..

Lesnar' date='

Nog,

Mir,

Carwin,

JDS,

Cain,

[u']Hot new prospects[/u]

Dufee,

and now Corvin.

Mid

Gonzaga

Kongo