UFC 112 coming to the UK or Ireland???

cripplerfan1988

According to MMABAY.CO.UK it is possible that the UFC 112 super card scheduled for April 10th in Abu Dhabi could be moved to the UK or Ireland if agreements can't be finalised. According to the artcile London, Englands O2 arena is the front runner as a replacement venue should the promotions first trip to Abu Dhabi fall through.

The UFC may have been aware of this a couple of days back with the news that the UK's own Terry Etim will face Dennis Siver at the event. However as a UK fan and having attended numerous UFC cards I must say that this all seems too good to be true! Never has the UK seen such an MMA card and considering the past two main events to hit these shores have been Sanchez-Stevenson and Couture-Vera I somehow doubt that a card containing two UFC title fights in destined for the near future.

If the event was to go ahead in the UK then I imagine one of the title fights would be scrapped to headline a later event but to be honest to see either Anderson Silva or BJ Penn defend their titles live would be an honour and a treat. For all UK fans let's hope talks with Abu Dhabi fall through!!!!!!!!!!!!!

would be nice but i dont think it'll happen' date=' i wanna see the ufc one day bring an event to Wales, think about it they could have it in the millenium stadium with the roof closed would be an amazing spectacle.[/quote']

Yeah that would be cool but theres noway a UFC event would sell out a stadium of that size, i think it holds around 74,500 and thats for a football match or rugby so it could hold more for a an MMA event because they would cover the pitch and fill it with seats but it wouldnt sell out, MMA isnt popular enough in Wales.

Archived