UFC 112 possibly to happen in UK?

smiter

Abu Dhabi is still the number 1 choice according to all accounts but as per this Yahoo article the UK is the fall back option.

Being from the UK myself I'm obviously hoping for Abu Dhabi to fall through (They need to build an Arena for it so very possible) and the UK to get this card. Due to scheduling and fighters already in training it looks like it would still get the 2 title fights which would be absolutely massive for a UK event.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AqUyi4_biM28FMDX8J3GFm09Eo14?slug=dm-ufcdecisions011910&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Update on Sherdog still working to Dubai but confirms:

Mentions they are also holding US Venues, I wonder if Abu Dhabi falls through whether they would split the event out to 2 Events with a title fight on each, 1 in the UK, 1 in the US? That would obviously impact the events already referred to as UFC 113 downwards, but all those are tentitive at this point.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/UK-President-Zelaznik-on-the-UFCs-Expansion-22154

not dubai man..Abudhabi..and i live here..its still on.. 100 percent...ufc 112 is in abudhabi..and plus buddy we dont need 2 build an area..lol we have the state of the art arena already built..1 of a kind

Sorry for the Dubai Mention just a mind slip mentioned in the OP and sentance below it was Abu Dhabi, I know the UFC are in with the ones with the money.

Not my words on Abu Dhabi needing to build a venue Dana and the UFCs own, I have no idea of the infastructure available out there.

Millenium Stadium' date=' Wales! Come on show some love! :D

I didn't go to the last event in the UK (was skint), was it a sellout?

If UFC12 came to the UK theres no chance I would miss it this time around![/quote']

Ahh man UFC in the millenium that would be awsome would deffo go to see it

Archived