Brock Lesnar's Announcement

Bonobo

I haven't seen one credible report or heard one statement from a medical professional confirming that Brock Lesnar is/was as ill as we've all been lead to believe. In fact all the information has been given to us by sources inside the UFC or directly connected to Lesnar's training camp.

Lets think about this from a purely business perspective. Lesnar came into the UFC and was a huge success at generating a great amount of revenue for the company. He performed well and, loathe him or not, won the title fair and square. Every fight involving Brock has the potential to break ppv records again and again, until he loses of course, then his stock immediately plummets, at the same time squashing a fair amount of interest in a Brock/Fedor superfight (it will happen, mark my words. there's too much money involved for it not to). So what does the UFC do? Do they risk putting their biggest cash cow up against some of the more dangerous HW opponents or do they find a way to prolong Lesnar's marketability? I think they decide to put Lesnar on ice, allow the HWs to sort themselves out for the interim title and then bring Brock back for an even bigger fight. And if he loses the spin will be that he's just coming back from a "life threatening almost career ending illness" and they can immediately start hyping his next fight when he will be at "100%".

The UFC will have effectively taken an average fighter and milked him for far more than his talent or skill would have ever earned him. They're geniuses...evil geniuses but geniuses nonetheless :)

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brock & Fedor match won' date='t happen unless Fedor overcome his fear of shapes (Octagon) & elbows.[/quote']

It's common knowledge that Fedor already offered to come to the UFC for a one fight deal. The offer was rejected by the UFC for obvious reasons...how would it look to have a fighter come in and destroy one of their title holders and then ride off into the sunset? It would shatter the facade that the UFC is the end all be all of MMA.

You people can *shake your heads* all you like but you'll never be able to produce a single report or statement from a credible medical professional who has examined Brock Lesnar and confirmed that the reports regarding his illness are accurate.

Google away my friends, you wont find one :)

I haven't seen one credible report or heard one statement from a medical professional confirming that Brock Lesnar is/was as ill as we've all been lead to believe. In fact all the information has been given to us by sources inside the UFC or directly connected to Lesnar's training camp.

Lets think about this from a purely business perspective. Lesnar came into the UFC and was a huge success at generating a great amount of revenue for the company. He performed well and' date=' loathe him or not, won the title fair and square. Every fight involving Brock has the potential to break ppv records again and again, until he loses of course, then his stock immediately plummets, at the same time squashing a fair amount of interest in a Brock/Fedor superfight [i'](it will happen, mark my words. there's too much money involved for it not to)[/i]. So what does the UFC do? Do they risk putting their biggest cash cow up against some of the more dangerous HW opponents or do they find a way to prolong Lesnar's marketability? I think they decide to put Lesnar on ice, allow the HWs to sort themselves out for the interim title and then bring Brock back for an even bigger fight. And if he loses the spin will be that he's just coming back from a "life threatening almost career ending illness" and they can immediately start hyping his next fight when he will be at "100%".

The UFC will have effectively taken an average fighter and milked him for far more than his talent or skill would have ever earned him. They're geniuses...evil geniuses but geniuses nonetheless :)

LOL, dude cut those lines in half. Your logic is delusional. Brock makes a ton of money for the UFC so lets shelve him for a superfight that will never happen and pass up numerous PPV's that combined would easily draw more viewers than a Lesnar vs Fedor PPV??? Besides he’s already lost and it didn't hurt him in the slightest. Brock is like a fatal car accident, whether because of disgust or intrigue you just can't look away.

PS: Only to a true conspiracy theorist is the absence of evidence, evidence of the conspiracy.

It's common knowledge that Fedor already offered to come to the UFC for a one fight deal. The offer was rejected by the UFC for obvious reasons...how would it look to have a fighter come in and destroy one of their title holders and then ride off into the sunset? It would shatter the facade that the UFC is the end all be all of MMA.

UFC does not sign Fedor coz Fedor & M1 ask for too much. M1 did that on purpose so the'll know that UFC won't agree, then that way they will be able to preserve the record of their Golden Boy (Fedor). M1 knows that they won't make anymore money from Fedor after Brock beats him, so they choose to ask for imposible offer, then after negotiations collapse UFC got all the blame. Remember UFC sold their 10% share to Abu Dhabi group, meaning they are open to a reasonable negotiations. M1 make a propsal to UFC doomed to fail even before it get started.

If Brock would have been KO'ed by Carwin (which was very likely) it would exposed him for the one trick pony he is and you would have seen half of his fan base evaporate immediately. Unlike you the geniuses at UFC are capable of thinking many moves ahead and the long term gains by prolonging Lesnar's relevance far outweigh the short term gains of having him beaten now by fighters like Carwin, Dos Santos, or one of the numerous other heavyweights who would take him out.

well' date=' firstly, I think there is something called privacy, where the Dr.s aren't allowed to share a patients medical history...[/quote']

All I'm asking for is evidence...concrete proof that he was or is as sick as has been claimed. Since there is none it should lead logical people with inquisitive minds to find a reasonable explanation. This hypothesis is merely an attempt to do that...I'm not stating it as fact, only a possibility that could be disproved immediately upon anyone providing said evidence or concrete proof.

All I'm asking for is evidence...concrete proof that he was or is as sick as has been claimed. Since there is none it should lead logical people with inquisitive minds to find a reasonable explanation.

Logical people think that it is true, he is sick. We have no reason to doubt it. Logic would say that if he is healthy, he would fight and make himself and the UFC more money. maybe Logic and common sense are two different things??

All I'm asking for is evidence...concrete proof that he was or is as sick as has been claimed. Since there is none it should lead logical people with inquisitive minds to find a reasonable explanation. This hypothesis is merely an attempt to do that...I'm not stating it as fact' date=' only a possibility that could be disproved immediately upon anyone providing said evidence or concrete proof.[/quote']

Willyboy already answered your question. How the hell do you expect to get evidence? All diagnoses and treatments are CONFIDENTIAL.

CONFIDENTIAL, as you are clearly hard of learning means it is illegal for the Physician to pass on any details. However, please feel free to write to Lesnar and ask to be forwarded all documents regarding his condition.

Double facepalm for you sir.

Willyboy already answered your question. How the hell do you expect to get evidence? All diagnoses and treatments are CONFIDENTIAL.

CONFIDENTIAL' date=' as you are clearly hard of learning means it is illegal for the Physician to pass on any details. However, please feel free to write to Lesnar and ask to be forwarded all documents regarding his condition.

Double facepalm for you sir.[/quote']

Professional athletes give their doctors permission to release information to the press all the time. It's a ridiculous argument.

]If Brock would have been KO'ed by Carwin (which was very likely)[/b] it would exposed him for the one trick pony he is and you would have seen half of his fan base evaporate immediately.

LOL!!

Yeah, right.

It was more likely that Brock would have taken him down and pounded him through the mat in less than 5 minutes.

Slow Carwin.. landing a knockout punch on Lesnar.. PFFFFFT!!

Why would you want someone to come in and fight one fight? that makes absolutely no sence what so ever, do you not read WHY fedor said no to coming to UFC, it wasnt even him realy it was his managers, who wanted not only the 60 million dollars for im not sure how many fight deal AND he gets all revenue that entails his namesake, NO OTHER fighters have anywhere near that sort of deal , so why the hell should Dana give this guy something like that, the waters are the same temperature for everyone, so fedor can keep being this elite fighter over in that other buisness, fighting guys who are visibly inferior , but to say that the UFC should just give him every demand he's asking for is simply ludicrus. I do agree seeing Fedor vs Brock would be one helluva fight, and heck yea i'd be right there glued watching it.. but to basicaly say too that Brock is fabricating a serious illness is downright absurd. Who does Brock have to duck ? like seriously , Mir? *snickers*, Carwin, Velasquez, .. the guy would step up to whomever comes in his direction, dont go off on some conspiracy theory about why a guy is ill, thats just plain stupidity.

Why would you want someone to come in and fight one fight? that makes absolutely no sence what so ever' date=' do you not read WHY fedor said no to coming to UFC, it wasnt even him realy it was his managers, who wanted not only the 60 million dollars for im not sure how many fight deal AND he gets all revenue that entails his namesake, NO OTHER fighters have anywhere near that sort of deal , so why the hell should Dana give this guy something like that, the waters are the same temperature for everyone, so fedor can keep being this elite fighter over in that other buisness, fighting guys who are visibly inferior , but to say that the UFC should just give him every demand he's asking for is simply ludicrus. I do agree seeing Fedor vs Brock would be one helluva fight, and heck yea i'd be right there glued watching it.. but to basicaly say too that Brock is fabricating a serious illness is downright absurd. Who does Brock have to duck ? like seriously , Mir? *snickers*, Carwin, Velasquez, .. the guy would step up to whomever comes in his direction, dont go off on some conspiracy theory about why a guy is ill, thats just plain stupidity.[/quote']

Please get back to me when you learn to use punctuation. I'm posting from my iPhone and unfortunately there's no idiot translator App.

All I'm asking for is evidence...concrete proof that he was or is as sick as has been claimed. Since there is none it should lead logical people with inquisitive minds to find a reasonable explanation. This hypothesis is merely an attempt to do that...I'm not stating it as fact' date=' only a possibility that could be disproved immediately upon anyone providing said evidence or concrete proof.[/quote']

And you never will see any evidence.

Why?

Doctor patient confidentiality.

And the most obvious reason of all....you are not important.

Clearly not all. Again' date=' what evidence do you want? A written note from his doctor?[/quote']

Yes, that's exactly what I want. Or how about a press conference with his doctor at his side answering some basic questions about his alleged condition? We've seen that happen with professional athletes on countless occasions.

As a fan I'd honestly wrather see him involved in some sort of conspiracy to make the wait worth the while spending his entire time off being a better martial artist through training but in reality i'd be very shocked if that was the case. I assure you I will remain his fan no matter how many fights he comes back and looses. If Tod Duffee got submitted by Nog or lost to whoever i'd still remain a fan because of the potential I think he may have. That's just me.

I really look forward to seeing/reading about this press conference which is supposedly going down this week.

Anyone heard anything about it?

please show me one report from a single doctor who has examined lesnar and can confirm his dire condition.

You can't because it doesn't exist.

are yiu really that stupid??? A post from a doctor comferming anything isnt gonna get posted because of privacy clauses that doctors must go by......................get a life moron

So you people are telling me that you've never seen professional athletes who have had their doctors and medical professionals participate in press releases regarding injuries or health concerns? Is that really what your saying? Because if that is what your saying then you either A. don't know f-all about sports, or B. are mildly to moderately retarded.

Which is it?

So you people are telling me that you've never seen professional athletes who have had their doctors and medical professionals participate in press releases regarding injuries or health concerns? Is that really what your saying? Because if that is what your saying then you either A. don't know f-all about sports' date=' or [i']B.[/i] are mildly to moderately retarded.

Which is it?

Fairly sure it's C - you fail.

So you people are telling me that you've never seen professional athletes who have had their doctors and medical professionals participate in press releases regarding injuries or health concerns? Is that really what your saying? Because if that is what your saying then you either A. don't know f-all about sports' date=' or [i']B.[/i] are mildly to moderately retarded.

Which is it?

Um, is it not up to the patient, in this case the athlete, whether the doctor's are aloud to release this information or not? I'm not aware that the UFC has some kind of article within their fighter contracts indicating that their fighter's health issues must be disclosed to the public are you?

Fairly sure it's C - you fail.

Oh boy! I "fail"...you really pulled out the big guns and let me have it! I guess I can just thank my lucky stars that you didn't further "pwn" me by including a hilarious "fail" gif.

How can I ever hope to compete in a debate with such original creative brilliance :rolleyes:

Oh boy! I "fail"...you really pulled out the big guns and let me have it! I guess I can just thank my lucky stars that you didn't further "pwn" me by including a hilarious "fail" gif.

How can I ever hope to compete in a debate with such original creative brilliance :rolleyes:

What the hell is "pwn"?

You people can *shake your heads* all you like but you'll never be able to produce a single report or statement from a credible medical professional who has examined Brock Lesnar and confirmed that the reports regarding his illness are accurate.

Google away my friends' date=' you wont find one :)[/quote']

Aren't medical records confidential?

Lets think about this from a purely business perspective. Lesnar came into the UFC and was a huge success at generating a great amount of revenue for the company. He performed well and' date=' loathe him or not, won the title fair and square. Every fight involving Brock has the potential to break ppv records again and again, until he loses of course, then his stock immediately plummets, at the same time squashing a fair amount of interest in a Brock/Fedor superfight [i'](it will happen, mark my words. there's too much money involved for it not to)[/i]. So what does the UFC do? Do they risk putting their biggest cash cow up against some of the more dangerous HW opponents or do they find a way to prolong Lesnar's marketability? I think they decide to put Lesnar on ice, allow the HWs to sort themselves out for the interim title and then bring Brock back for an even bigger fight. And if he loses the spin will be that he's just coming back from a "life threatening almost career ending illness" and they can immediately start hyping his next fight when he will be at "100%".

The reason you haven't seen any "medical reports" from his doctors is due to something called doctor-patient confidentiality. Lesnar obviously wants to keep this private so any doctor of his that were to leak his medical files would face losing their job and possibly being barred from practicing in medicine.

The reason you haven't seen any "medical reports" from his doctors is due to something called doctor-patient confidentiality. Lesnar obviously wants to keep this private so any doctor of his that were to leak his medical files would face losing their job and possibly being barred from practicing in medicine.

he has been told this several times now, but still feels that he is entitled to hear from a Dr. that Brock is sick, instead of taking the word of his close friends and co-workers.

I guess you can't teach someone who doesn't wanna learn.

Brock & Fedor match won' date='t happen unless Fedor overcome his fear of shapes (Octagon) & elbows.[/quote']

OOOHHHH......I bet Fedor is trembling as we speak.

Second thought, I've never seen Fedor express any emotions except when eating ice cream.

this^^

and everyone now knows that the UFC is ducking Fedor.

lol ufc is not ducking fedor.. fedor is ducking the ufc because if he signed that six fight contract he knows he would lose all of them or at least 4 by Lesnar, Mir, Carwin, Dos santos, velasquez would Poop on his chest. and probably even kimbo..

I like your feisty-ness.

Please show me one report from a single doctor who has examined Lesnar and can confirm his dire condition.

You can't because it doesn't exist.

You can't because of a little thing called doctor/patient confidentiality I believe. The only reports will be those that Lesnar authorises I imagine. So have you seen actual doctors reports on Silva's injury? What about anyone else's for that matter? No? Didn't think so but I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean all injured fighters are faking...well except for Silva, that's obvious hah.

This weak argument has already been addressed and deemed irrelevant.

Learn to read.

deemed irrelevent?? the dude say's 'it's none of your business' date=' [b']I'll [/b]tell you when I'm ready', the law says his Dr.s can't say anything about it, and you deem it irrelevent. Unless you get the answer you want to hear, everything else is wrong?? give your head a shake, man.

I guess the answer is no, there is no evidence whatsoever that brock is really that sick. Only his word, the word of his friends, the word of his training partners, the word of his boss and the majority opinion of the rest of the MMA audience.

I guess the answer is no' date=' there is no evidence whatsoever that brock is really that sick...[/quote']

Thank you. It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong and to concede that he's been mentally beaten and intellectually humbled. You have nothing to be ashamed of, learning your place and the extent of your intellectual capabilities can be an experience of growth and maturity. Hopefully you'll use this as a learning experience and in the future enter into a debate better prepared with facts and lucid points of discussion. I'm proud of you...we all are ;)

Archived