Roger Huerta Movie Star?

stottsmayhem4191

Im not sure if I'm late on this or if I'm the only one who doesnt know but did Roger Huerta fall off the map after he lost to Gray Maynard? He was one of my favorites in MMA. Was 6-2 in the UFC losing to only Kenny Florian and Gray Maynard. And he just like.....disappeared. Well I was cruising around on Youtube today and I saw a preview trailer for the new Tekken movie. Yes, they made a Tekken movie, and not 20 seconds in guess who it is. Roger Huerta. Like I said I dont know if I'm late on this or not, but it came as a surprise. All in all, the movie doesn't look half bad. Hopefully Huerta comes back and gives BJ some much needed competition.

Yeah man, you're well late on this, been discussed many times. Huerta came back to fight Maynard to complete one more fight he had on a contract with the UFC. I don't know right now, but last I heard he has no plans to fight again at the moment. I imagine when that Tekken garbage flops big time he may reconsider that.

I agree, he's a good, fast, skilled fighter and I hope he fights again.

I completely forgot about Huerta till I watched him and Leonard Garcia the other day and I was like what happened to him?. I've heard Strikeforce is talking to him though. :(

I think the next year will see Strikeforce continue to grow, they'll be going a while before they can realistically rival the UFC but they're doing good. I watch Strikeforce now every time an event is on and have seen some damn good fights, I wish them all the best, a little competition for Dana and the boys can only be a good thing for the sport I think.

Yeah man' date=' you're well late on this, been discussed many times. Huerta came back to fight Maynard to complete one more fight he had on a contract with the UFC. I don't know right now, but last I heard he has no plans to fight again at the moment. I imagine when that Tekken garbage flops big time he may reconsider that.

I agree, he's a good, fast, skilled fighter and I hope he fights again.[/quote']

After he fought Maynard he said that he found the desire to keep fighting even if he was going to pursue his movie career. As far as I know he has not signed a new contract with the UFC or Strikeforce.

Got a real good core of fighters.

Alistair Overeem, Fedor obviously, Brett Rogers, Fabricio Werdum, Mike Whitehead, Gegard Mousasi, Kevin Randleman, Renato "Babalu" Sobral, Sokoudju, one of my favorites and I would love to see fight GSP Jake Shields, Nick Diaz, Dan Henderson, Robbie Lawler, Matt Lindland, Cung Le, Scott Smith, by the way that fight between Le and Smith was crazy, my personal favorite Jason Miller, Frank Shamrock, Joe Riggs, Marius Zaromskis, Gilbert Melendez, Lyle Beerbohm, Billy Evangelista, Jorge Gurgel, Josh Thomson, and they're womans division is pretty stacked.

overall they'll be a force, I dont know if they can beat UFC though. But its a good start.

The TV told me that StrikeForce has made Roger an offer, but as part of his contract with UFC, they have untill sometime in the fall to match the offer StrikeForce made and keep him.

So I guess that means no Roger in 2010. Unless the UFC smartens up, gets rid of the lay and prayers and starts signing real fighters like Roger.

Im not sure if I'm late on this or if I'm the only one who doesnt know but did Roger Huerta fall off the map after he lost to Gray Maynard? He was one of my favorites in MMA. Was 6-2 in the UFC losing to only Kenny Florian and Gray Maynard. And he just like.....disappeared. Well I was cruising around on Youtube today and I saw a preview trailer for the new Tekken movie. Yes' date=' they made a Tekken movie, and not 20 seconds in guess who it is. Roger Huerta. Like I said I dont know if I'm late on this or not, but it came as a surprise.[b'] All in all, the movie doesn't look half bad[/b]. Hopefully Huerta comes back and gives BJ some much needed competition.

It looks awfull lol

Archived