Fights that should not happen

raffy_handsome

Here are some of the match-ups that I think should not happen due to it would have an effect/impact to the organizations, fans or even the fighters itself.

1.) GSP vs Anderson (185) - Anderson is too big for GSP now. At fight time Anderson will weigh 210 while GSP at 190, that 20 lbs advantage is huge for a striker like Anderson. Then GSP cannot takedown a 210+ guy, then if the fight goes on standing Anderson will terrorized him.

2.) Penn vs GSP (170) - At fight time BJ wiill be 170 while GSP around 185, that weight advantage + strength can make GSP easilly takedown BJ, if the fights goes on the ground then the result would still be the same as their 2nd fight. Penn vs Diego at 170 much better.

3.) Cain vs JDS - Not this year, this 2 are the prospect of UFC, fitting 1 against the other would destroy the hype they make for the 2. I mean it would lessen the fans of the looser. less fans mean less sales for UFC.

4.) Fedor vs Lashley - Not this year, SF has not got their ROI in Lashley yet. SF knows that after Fedor beats Lashley, Lashley will turn into can, then nobody will watch him anymore. 3 more fights for Lashley before Fedor.

5.) Kongo vs Gonzaga - If both fighters will loose their fights prior to this match, I'm sure the looser of this will be cut by UFC.

6.) Liddell vs Tito - Does anyone want this to happen anyway

7.) Mir vs Big Nog II - at 265, this would be very easy for Mir and Big Nog might get really hurt.

8.) Fedor vs Hendo - Same with Fedor vs Lashley

9.) Fedor vs Pudzianowski (In a Samba match) - how can they engaged, I mean Pudz arm is bigger than Fedor leg, then his leg are bigger than the 2 legs of Fedor combined.

10) Brock vs Fedor - All PRIDE glory & sacrifices will turn into vain. Even UFC won't want this to happen due to they bought PRIDE and they haven't make enough money on it. Who's going to buy their PRIDE fights DVD after this match.

7.) Mir vs Big Nog II - at 265' date=' this would be very easy for Mir and Big Nog might get really hurt.

10) Brock vs Fedor - All PRIDE glory & sacrifices will turn into vain. Even UFC won't want this to happen due to they bought PRIDE and they haven't make enough money on it. Who's going to buy their PRIDE fights DVD after this match.[/quote']

These two made me lol. Mir beating Nog was a fluke and Brock is a tool that Fedor would expose. Fedor would have him arm bared almost as fast as Brock would be tapping.

These two made me lol. Mir beating Nog was a fluke and Brock is a tool that Fedor would expose. Fedor would have him arm bared almost as fast as Brock would be tapping.

Yes! Because Mir didn't totally dominate Nog at all huh? Oh yeah, Nog was sick..... Or so the excuse amongst fans goes. I'm sure Mir outstriking Kongo was a fluke too huh? There was no flukes there. Flukes are landing the lucky punch. Mir was connecting all night long on Nog.

You have no way of ever knowing if Fedor will beat Brock. I'm no Brock fan, but I would reserve judgement until it happens. If it ever happens. The longer Fedor allows his promoters to keep him out of the UFC, the less respect I'll have for him.

Fedor - "I have nothing to prove" - That's a terrible statement.

The faces and names at the top of the MMA ranking change from year to year. If your last fight against a real proven top ranked opponent was 2 years ago, you don't deserve to keep your credibility very long. Brock has beated PROVEN top ranked opponents within the last 2 years. Something that can not be said about Fedor. Crap I just backed Brock there.... I freaking Hate Brock...... But sometimes we just need to stop being delusional and see the truth for what it is.

I love to watch Fedor fight, but the fight game is constantly changing. So either you need to keep proving yourself, or you need to step back and let the ones willing to move to the top.

Yes! Because Mir didn't totally dominate Nog at all huh? Oh yeah, Nog was sick..... Or so the excuse amongst fans goes. I'm sure Mir outstriking Kongo was a fluke too huh? There was no flukes there. Flukes are landing the lucky punch. Mir was connecting all night long on Nog.

Mir Outsriking Kongo, he landed one shot pretty much and kongo tried that gay kick when he hit the ground rather try getting back up

of course he will beat lashley u think any 1 who comes from WWE could be an mma star lol...

A guy from WWE is now the UFC HW champ. That guy dominated Mir, Mir dominted Big Nog, whom Fedor is having hard time beating in PRIDE. To some it up, the guy from WWE who's the current UFC HW champ is around 1.5 much talented than Fedor.

A guy from WWE is now the UFC HW champ. That guy dominated Mir' date=' Mir dominted Big Nog, whom Fedor is having hard time beating in PRIDE. To some it up, the guy from WWE who's the current UFC HW champ is around 1.5 much talented than Fedor.[/quote']

hes different....do u think every guy from wwe will make that impact...and fedor is more talented..hes fought huge guys before...and if u watch mma..ull know fedor is in another level

A guy from WWE is now the UFC HW champ. That guy dominated Mir' date=' Mir dominted Big Nog, whom Fedor is having hard time beating in PRIDE. To some it up, the guy from WWE who's the current UFC HW champ is around 1.5 much talented than Fedor.[/quote']

dum da dum dum dum

anyway back to original thread, how about couture coleman, i dont have a problem with this match, tho i dont think it should be a main event, a fight that shouldnt happen is couture vs machida/shogun if he wins, ive learned not to count randy out over the years, but come on that would be a pisspoor mismatch

hes different....do u think every guy from wwe will make that impact...and fedor is more talented..hes fought huge guys before...and if u watch mma..ull know fedor is in another level

yeah. fedor is more talented. how could you think not? he has way more tools than just laying on someone and hammer fisting a win out.

Yes! Because Mir didn't totally dominate Nog at all huh? Oh yeah' date=' Nog was sick..... Or so the excuse amongst fans goes. I'm sure Mir outstriking Kongo was a fluke too huh? There was no flukes there. Flukes are landing the lucky punch. Mir was connecting all night long on Nog.[/quote']

Your entitled to your opinion that staph has no effect on human beings.

You have no way of ever knowing if Fedor will beat Brock. I'm no Brock fan' date=' but I would reserve judgement until it happens. If it ever happens. The longer Fedor allows his promoters to keep him out of the UFC, the less respect I'll have for him. [/quote']

Of course I don't have a crystal ball but calling fights is like 50% of this forum's activity so get over it.

The faces and names at the top of the MMA ranking change from year to year. If your last fight against a real proven top ranked opponent was 2 years ago' date=' you don't deserve to keep your credibility very long. Brock has beated PROVEN top ranked opponents within the last 2 years. [/quote']

I would agree with you. I never said that I considered Fedor the best Hw, infact I say the opposite every chance I get. I just said that he would beat Brock. Brock has beaten Heath Herring who sucks, Randy who is very old and MUCH smaller than Brock (Brock most likely had like 60 pounds on him), and Frank Mir who is a legit contender but beat Brock the first time.

In that case, long live the #1 LHW contender Kimbo!!!!! LOL

Kimbo beat alexander, who beat Jardine, who beat Griffin, who beat shogun.

dum da dum dum dum

anyway back to original thread' date=' how about couture coleman, i dont have a problem with this match, tho i dont think it should be a main event, a fight that shouldnt happen is couture vs machida/shogun if he wins, ive learned not to count randy out over the years, but come on that would be a pisspoor mismatch[/quote']

I think couture should go throught 1 more match after he beats coleman and then if he wins that one he should get a shot at the title. I think couture just wants another shot at the title before he retires. And if your counting randy out and saying its a pisspoor mismatch, then you haven't learned to cound randy out. right? Who thought he would beat Vitor, Chuck, or Silvya? I would guess people would of given him 1/8 odds agains him in each of those fights.

• 2 weeks later...

2 Fights I dont think we need to see.

1) GSP Vs BJ Penn 3 (GSP already won twice)

2) Liddell Vs Ortiz 3 (Chuck already won twice)

if each guy has one once I can see the need for a trilogy or if there was some controversey but neither of these fights really need it after both Chuck & GSP turned in dominant performances in their rematches.

Archived