Ufc vs pride

stephenlee1

all this talk ppl are having saying that the UFC is better than pride wat a load of crap not because either 1 is better than the other. I got in 2 mma watching ufc and i fell in love with it not just the ufc tho i fell in love with MMA then i learned about pride, so beein a new MMA fan i watched pride and i loved it 2 with diff rules it was a hole new game over at pride compared to the ufc

but this didnt mean i loved pride any more than i loved ufc. way i look at it who gives a fook weather they used to fight in pride or the ufc all i cared about was seein a gr8 fight between the best guys in the world sh*t it dont even have 2 be the best fighters in the world as long as the fight was gr8 2 watch. Now that pride is over witch still makes me sad lol u got the ufc and the best from pride have come over to the ufc and jus because some of the fighters aint done 2 gr8 dont mean ufc was any better. no no no no the way u should look at it is that fighters are MMA fighters and even if u dont like a fighter from pride u still have to respect them for what they did for the sport and the wars they put on in pride. so dont talk ******** about then coz u think ufc is better open ur narrow minds and dont think a organisation such as pride was worthless if u think like that then i say u aint a fan of MMA ur just a fan of a brand name that is the UFC.

and id also like to add i would rather fight in the ufc rather than pride coz some fights i saw in pride scared the **** out of me haha id feel saver in the cage than in the ring :)

all comments welcome.

They both have their pros and cons. Pride fighters have generally had trouble transfering to the cage and UFC rules, and UFC fighters have generally had issues tranfering to the ring and Pride rules.

Both had great fighters. UFC now has most of Prides great fighters so it's all a moot point. I did like Prides judging system 100 times better though. Plus I like the fact that if you are trying to lay and pray you got penalized part of your purse, if you tried to not engage on the feet you got penalized part of your purse. In Pride you had to fight. In the UFC you can lay and pray, or avoid throwing hands if you want.

Pride judging and rules > UFC judging and rules

But prides golden ticket fighters aren't exactly fairing very well over here in the UFC. Until Fedor proves himself against the UFCs top ticket fighters I can't disagree with people that say "Fedor isn't proving he's deserving of that #1 slot.". I still think Fedor is the man. But every day I think "He's not proving it.... He's fighting nobodies...". He should be begging the UFC to let him prove himself, not the other way around. If he's not proving himself in the top organization against the top opponents, he needs be stepped back a couple of notches in the rankings until he does.

He was the man in Pride, is the man in Strikeforce, is considered the man worldwide. How long before everyone catches on and starts to agree that he needs to prove himself amongst the ever changing year to year top heavyweights fighting in the UFC.

all this talk ppl are having saying that the UFC is better than pride wat a load of crap not because either 1 is better than the other i got in 2 mma watching ufc and i fell in love with it not just the ufc tho i fell in love with MMA then i learned about pride so beein a new MMA fan i watched pride and i loved it 2 with diff rules it was a hole new game over at pride compared to the ufc but this didnt mean i loved pride any more than i loved ufc way i look at it who gives a fook weather they used to fight in pride or the ufc all i cared about was seein a gr8 fight between the best guys in the world sh*t it dont even have 2 be the best fighters in the world as long as the fight was gr8 2 watch. now that pride is over witch still makes me sad lol u got the ufc and the best from pride have come over to the ufc and jus because some of the fighters aint done 2 gr8 dont mean ufc was any better no no no no the way u should look at it is that fighters are MMA fighters and even if u dont like a fighter from pride u still have to respect them for what they did for the sport and the wars they put on in pride dont talk ******** about then coz u think ufc is better open ur narrow minds and dont think a organisation such as pride was worthless if u think like that then i say u aint a fan of MMA ur just a fan of a brand name that is the UFC.

and id also like to add i would rather fight in the ufc rather than pride coz some fights i saw in pride scared the **** out of me haha id feel saver in the cage than in the ring :)

all comments welcome.

Dude, learn how to use your puncuations, you only use three periods in your whole post.

They both have their pros and cons. Pride fighters have generally had trouble transfering to the cage and UFC rules' date=' and UFC fighters have generally had issues tranfering to the ring and Pride rules.

Both had great fighters. UFC now has most of Prides great fighters so it's all a moot point. I did like Prides judging system 100 times better though. Plus I like the fact that if you are trying to lay and pray you got penalized part of your purse, if you tried to not engage on the feet you got penalized part of your purse. In Pride you had to fight. In the UFC you can lay and pray, or avoid throwing hands if you want.

Pride judging and rules > UFC judging and rules[/quote']

In other words, UFC is the water down version of Pride :D! The UFC should implement the penalty rules and scoring, this will be the biggest improvement.

They both have their pros and cons. Pride fighters have generally had trouble transfering to the cage and UFC rules' date=' and UFC fighters have generally had issues tranfering to the ring and Pride rules.

Pride judging and rules > UFC judging and rules

But prides golden ticket fighters aren't exactly fairing very well over here in the UFC. Until Fedor proves himself against the UFCs top ticket fighters I can't disagree with people that say "Fedor isn't proving he's deserving of that #1 slot.". I still think Fedor is the man. But every day I think "He's not proving it.... He's fighting nobodies...". He should be begging the UFC to let him prove himself, not the other way around. If he's not proving himself in the top organization against the top opponents, he needs be stepped back a couple of notches in the rankings until he does.

He was the man in Pride, is the man in Strikeforce, is considered the man worldwide. How long before everyone catches on and starts to agree that he needs to prove himself amongst the ever changing year to year top heavyweights fighting in the UFC.[/quote']

I know that this is an endless debate, but to me it would seem that the best shot for say fedor beating brock would be in a ring, helps fedor being able to freely use his hips when takin down against the ropes. Were as in a cage he would be stuck more or less take a frank mir esque beating which would lead me to believe that Brock has the cage advantage so is the only way to find out who is better to have them fight in a ring and a cage? and what happins if they split.

Archived