Strikeforce Women?s Tourneys Launch in April

freedom

http://fightmarks.com/story.php?title=strikeforce-womenrsquos-tourneys-launch-in-april

The ladies have not been forgotten.

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said two previously announced eight-woman tournaments, at 135- and 145-pounds, will kick off at the promotion?s Challengers event in April.

Strikeforce 145-pound champion Cristiane ?Cyborg? Santos and Gina Carano, whom Santos defeated by first-round technical knockout last August in San Jose, Calif., will not compete in the tournaments, said Coker.

?We?re looking for the next women to fight the Gina Caranos and the Cris Cyborgs of the world,? Coker said.

Coker said the tournaments? quarterfinals and semifinals would be ?sprinkled? over a few events.

Call me a chauvinist but unless it involves a kiddie pool full of KY jelly I don't want to watch women fight!

While I appreciate the fact that like in most sports, the women seem to be more technically focused, and do put on good fights, just something about women fighting makes me uneasy.

Theres also another show on ABC or NBC that going to showcase 16 women fighting in a TUF like show

fighters.......

Felice Herrig(from fight girls), Julie Kedzie, Christy Tada, Heather Clark, Casey Nolan, Angel Magana, Jessica Aguilar, Michelle Vera(brandon vera's little sister), Melissa Steele, Kristin Molina, Angela Hayes, Lacey Schuckman, Martha Benavides, Kate McGray, Rozy Balboa, Vanessa Mariscal(vlady Matuyshenko's GF), Molly Helsel

Hosted by Bas Rutten & Joanna Krupa

Archived