an even scarier GSP?

undisputed_rush

"St-Pierre: Right now I?m about 190lbs. I?m bigger and I?m getting even bigger than I was, more powerful, and more explosive. I hit much harder. We have been working on a lot of different stuff to make me hit harder and to give me more power on my strikes. It?s going to change a lot of things.

I?m not satisfied about my ratio of knockouts. I have knockouts, but I want to bring my ratio up. I?m more powerful than I was, and by being more powerful I?m faster as well. Power is strength and speed together."

if the bit about his punching power is right then he's getting even scarier, punching power was one of his biggest fall backs

he's still only 190 and he even says in the interview it wont be a problem

Very true, but even he doesn't really know. Be the biggest weight cut he has done to date. Don't get me wrong I'm very much a GSP fan.Safe money says think he will dominate Hardy and will have still a huge cardio advantage over anyone he fights.

Just something I personally will be watching during the fight. GSP's explosiveness and overall fight energy, especially if it goes to the championship rounds.

yes they do after he kills hardy i would like to see gsp with his new skills fight one of the higher class MWs not top 3 but maybe one of top 10' date=' unless you guys dont think hes ready? do you think he is ready[/quote']

i think he's beat matt hughes for consecutive title defenses first and then move up, I'd like to see him take on a wrestler like Okami first

GSP is just getting better. I don't even think hes entered his prime. And btw GSP will have no problem cutting weight. He usually keeps at 185 pounds before he cuts and he has never missed weight. 5 pounds wil be no problem. Hardy is big and walks around at about 200 but thats when hes not in shape. On top of that though, Hardy has a good chin, but if this is true about GSP, i think Dan will be on the losing side in one of the biggest **** beatings in UFC history. This thread totally made me change my opinion about this fight. I think that Hardy has a .5% chance of winning at this point. Rumor is that he started training like 2 weeks ago. GSP never stops training. I don't see Hardy winning this. I can't even imagine it. Hes lost against a bunch of nobodies 6 times and got his shot after not even finishing Mike Swick, and Swick didn't seem normal in that fight. Dan is gonna get finished in this fight.

Yea he seems like a master weight cutter, he wouldnt have an issue probably unless he got like over 200 then it might get iffy but thats like another 10 lbs, for most people i'd say it'd be and iffy cut.

Hardy is about on par with Alvez i'd say, hes not as strong and good offensively but I think Hardy is a little better defensively, standing and on the ground, still not near good enough for GSP's ground game but just better than Alvez who just watching him I think hes got some defensive issues but hes such a physical monster it doesnt usually matter.

I think that Dan Hardy's desire to knock people out is going to be his downfall against GSP. GSP will throw one of his quick jabs and Hardy will try to counter with power strikes leaving him off balance and totally exposed to the takedown. I think the power and strength GSP has added will really be evident on the ground. GSP is already a devastating ground and pounder but with extra muscle and strength I feel bad for Hardy.

yes they do after he kills hardy i would like to see gsp with his new skills fight one of the higher class MWs not top 3 but maybe one of top 10' date=' unless you guys dont think hes ready? do you think he is ready[/quote']

Gsp isnt going to move up and hes already said he doesnt want to because it is likely he would have to fight good friend and training partener nate marquardt which he doesnt want to do. After he defends his title at 111 i think he would look for one more title defence, then he is going to take a break to try and make Canadas freestyle wrestling team for the 2012 oylmpics which means he would have to take a few years off and give up his belt.

If he knocks out Hardy on the feet I will probably trash my apartment with excitement. That would be so epic.

It would actually prove to be very epic, but he's not gonna do crap on his feet standing up. Tito Ortiz' plan was to come back with some boxing skills to bang with Forrest, but it didn't work out and all he really did was takedown attempts which really didn't amount to much most of the fight.

But on GSP's side, he will NOT stand up with Hardy, no freaking way.

It would actually prove to be very epic' date=' but he's not gonna do crap on his feet standing up. Tito Ortiz' plan was to come back with some boxing skills to bang with Forrest, but it didn't work out and all he really did was takedown attempts which really didn't amount to much most of the fight.

But on GSP's side, he will NOT stand up with Hardy, no freaking way.[/quote']

everybody said the same when he fought fitch, then again when he fought bj, then again when he fough alves, beat all of them standing

why not hardy

GSP has faced a better technical/counter attack striker then Hardy in BJ Penn and he has also faced a more powerful and explosive striker in Alves and punished them both not to mention his incredible takedowns, natural wrestling ability AND workrate in the octagon.

Dan Hardy has nothing more then a punchers chance IMO, Even though Matt Serra caught him with that same exact chance, GSP has evolved alot and learnt alot since then and i doubt he will get caught in that manner ever again other then out of pure bad luck.

Hardy is a dead man walking and so is everyone else in that division till GSP relinquishes the belt to either follow his Olympic dreams or move to MW for good.

Honestly if he doesn't have KO power, why did he knock the air out of Matt Hughes, break Sean Sherk's nose, KO Jay Hieron, etc.... I see GSP as being an all around fighter. He just relies on his wrestling more then his KO power. The dude has legs like a freaking HW. I mean, did you see the size of his legs versus Thiago Alves. Alves has alot larger upper body, but he looked like he had twig legs to GSP, and everytime i've seen GSP land a body kick, it's done alot of damage.

I don't know what he is talking about, with the KO power concept. Personally I think he will be making a mistake if he wants to bang with Hardy, as that's pretty much Hardy's MO. Not that he can't KO Hardy, as Marcus Davis almost did.

I think what GSP is really saying is he is contemplating the move to MW, and that he is seeing a strength and conditioning coach.

I really hope to see another GSP v. BJ fight though. I can't wait to hear the excuses for BJ. :D

Your talking about BJ being all talk?

motivator2620559.jpg

BJ will never stop talking, cause he is full of pride. I think GSP is gonna have to KO him, and bad, in order for BJ to finally admit that he lost. GSP is the only fighter, near his weight limit, that he hasn't beaten. He certainly doesn't want to go against Lyoto Machida again.

GSP wanted to become the WW champion and became the most dominant WW champion in history

GSP wanted to be a great Wrestler and became the best MMA Wrestler in the world.

GSP is already one of the best strikers in MMA ( most signifigant strikes in UFC history) but lacked finishing power. Now he has decided to make the KO his pet project.

Considering how his other projects went, how do you think this will turn out? Yikes!

GSP wanted to become the WW champion and became the most dominant WW champion in history

GSP wanted to be a great Wrestler and became the best MMA Wrestler in the world.

GSP is already one of the best strikers in MMA ( most signifigant strikes in UFC history) but lacked finishing power. Now he has decided to make the KO his pet project.

Considering how his other projects went' date=' how do you think this will turn out? Yikes![/quote']

Yup, GSP is the man! p4p #1

Whoever gets in the octagon with him from now on is in big trouble.

GSP is actually focused now. He has never trained like this before. He is on a real diet and everything.

Look out BJ, you get what you get, Not what you came for!!!

Considering how his other projects went' date=' how do you think this will turn out? Yikes![/quote']

+10 for this post

It would actually prove to be very epic' date=' but he's not gonna do crap on his feet standing up. Tito Ortiz' plan was to come back with some boxing skills to bang with Forrest, but it didn't work out and all he really did was takedown attempts which really didn't amount to much most of the fight.

But on GSP's side, he will NOT stand up with Hardy, no freaking way.[/quote']

Putting Tito and GSP in the same scenario makes zero sense. GSP already has wicked stand up, Tito never has and never will have good stand-up. What they're saying here is that GSP has refined is stand up more. That's scary for anyone in the WW division.

Archived