Dana White: Possibile that winner of Big Nog/Velasquez gets shot

towhatend

I know there are a million - well, far short of that thanks to the mods here :thumb: - threads on Lesnar's press conference with Dana White on Sportscenter this morning but I wanted to start a poll addressing something that White said. He said that if for some reason the winner of the interim title fight between Frank Mir and Shane Carwin at UFC 111 is injured or unable to compete that it is possible that the winner between Cain Velasquez and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira would be next in line for a title. Respond to the poll and post comments below.

I for one think it is to further market UFC 110.

Edit: I was trying to attach a poll to this one and it was not liking how long it was.

1. Yes, this is a definite possibility if the winner of Mir/Carwin is out for an extended (six months or more) period of time

2. No, White would rather wait it out and have another championship unification bout

3. No, this was just further marketing for UFC 110

I caught that as well. Honestly I think it's just a logical statement of a logical step if something did in fact happen to the up coming Carwin vs. Mir fight. Afterall Mir seems to go nutz at the thought of fighting Lesnar again so who knows he could drop out of his fight with Carwin just to start training for Lesnar. Perhaps it's a way to keep Mir from doing that. A weak posibility but one none the less.

Personally I'd like to watch Mir fight Lesnar but would MUCH MORE LIKE TO SEE LESNAR FIGHT NEW COMPETITION.

If Mir wins I would actually rather see the winner of Cain/Big Nog get the tile shot. If Carwin wins give the shot to Carwin. Nothing against Mir, he is my personal Fav HW. I'm just ready for Lesner to face someone new. To have his first 2 title defenses against the same guy is kinda boring.

Here is what I would love to see.

Carwin wins he fights Lesner.

Carwin loses he fights loser of Cain/Nog. Winner of Cain/Nog fights Lesner.

\Mir win or lose vs Carwin fights JDS next. Winner of that is next in line for the title shot.

Am I the only would who would be excited for Lesnar vs Mir 3? I think the size Mir packed on and his improved striking add whole new dimensions to that fight. Lesnar vs Carwin would be awesome as well. If Velasquez beats Nog, which lets be real would be a lay and prey decision, fed him Junior dos Santos before he gets a title shot. That's honestly the way I would like to see it go down.

Am I the only would who would be excited for Lesnar vs Mir 3? I think the size Mir packed on and his improved striking add whole new dimensions to that fight. Lesnar vs Carwin would be awesome as well. If Velasquez beats Nog' date=' which lets be real would be a lay and prey decision, fed him Junior dos Santos before he gets a title shot. That's honestly the way I would like to see it go down.[/quote']

I would be excited for that fight mostly cause I want Mir to beat the crap out of Lesnar. But I can also understand where some fans are coming from saying they want him to fight someone new and I think at this point it would either have to be Carwin or Big Nog. I don't think JDS and Cain should get it yet. Not until they face each other which needs to happen.

I would be excited for that fight mostly cause I want Mir to beat the crap out of Lesnar. But I can also understand where some fans are coming from saying they want him to fight someone new and I think at this point it would either have to be Carwin or Big Nog. I don't think JDS and Cain should get it yet. Not until they face each other which needs to happen.

Very much the bolded part. Stop and think about it. Lesner is going into only his 5th fight in the UFC when he returns. If he fights Mir again already that's 3/5 of his UFC fights vs the same guy. Time to see him against some fresh blood.

Here lies the big issue. Mir could very well end up being the Interim Champion. Lesnar is the champion. If that scenario takes place how long can you justify 2 champs?

Personally I think they should take the interim belt off the table, and take the winners of the next two HW fights and have them fight for #1 condender status. In the meantime Brock does need to fight someone soon after coming back. Who that may be I couldn't tell you. All the deserving fighters have fights coming up already. Maybe winner of Nog and Cain maybe? But then what about the winner of Mir vs. Carwin? They fight the loser of Nog vs. Cain?

I dunno, That's as close to reasonable as it gets.

This whole thing sounds awfully fishy no matter what. I've just read what Divercullitis does to people, and Brock doesn't look like it's had any effect on him whatsoever. It just all seems crazy fishy.

I know there are a million - well' date=' far short of that thanks to the mods here :thumb: - threads on Lesnar's press conference with Dana White on Sportscenter this morning but I wanted to start a poll addressing something that White said. He said that if for some reason the winner of the interim title fight between Frank Mir and Shane Carwin at UFC 111 is injured or unable to compete that it is possible that the winner between Cain Velasquez and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira would be next in line for a title. Respond to the poll and post comments below.

I for one think it is to further market UFC 110.

[b']Edit: I was trying to attach a poll to this one and it was not liking how long it was.

1. Yes, this is a definite possibility if the winner of Mir/Carwin is out for an extended (six months or more) period of time

2. No, White would rather wait it out and have another championship unification bout

3. No, this was just further marketing for UFC 110[/b]

LOL, knowone is using your made up poll.

Here lies the big issue. Mir could very well end up being the Interim Champion. Lesnar is the champion. If that scenario takes place how long can you justify 2 champs?

Personally I think they should take the interim belt off the table' date=' and take the winners of the next two HW fights and have them fight for #1 condender status. In the meantime Brock does need to fight someone soon after coming back. Who that may be I couldn't tell you. All the deserving fighters have fights coming up already. Maybe winner of Nog and Cain maybe? But then what about the winner of Mir vs. Carwin? They fight the loser of Nog vs. Cain?

This whole thing sounds awfully fishy no matter what. I've just read what Divercullitis does to people, and Brock doesn't look like it's had any effect on him whatsoever. It just all seems crazy fishy.[/quote']

Brock weighs around 300 pounds and if he lost 40 pounds but gained 30 back then you wouldn't notice a 10 pound difference. He has been ok for a couple of months now but they just needed to make sure that he didn't have any permanent damage or it didn't come back. The fat would be the first thing that he lost before muscle so he could easily put that back on in a couple of months.

I caught that as well. Honestly I think it's just a logical statement of a logical step if something did in fact happen to the up coming Carwin vs. Mir fight. Afterall Mir seems to go nutz at the thought of fighting Lesnar again so who knows he could drop out of his fight with Carwin just to start training for Lesnar. Perhaps it's a way to keep Mir from doing that. A weak posibility but one none the less.

Personally I'd like to watch Mir fight Lesnar but would MUCH MORE LIKE TO SEE LESNAR FIGHT NEW COMPETITION.

This, Lesnar has had 5 fights....2 with Mir....come back for a rubber match later on down the track imo.

Brock weighs around 300 pounds and if he lost 40 pounds but gained 30 back then you wouldn't notice a 10 pound difference. He has been ok for a couple of months now but they just needed to make sure that he didn't have any permanent damage or it didn't come back. The fat would be the first thing that he lost before muscle so he could easily put that back on in a couple of months.

I'm still having trouble buying it. Brock looks as healthy as ever. People don't just recover from it like that. We have all just witnessed a miracle "So says Dana White and Brock Lesnar.". I just don't have much faith in the words of man. I'm no conspiracy theorists, but yeah, I'm not buying what they are selling. If it seems to good to be true, it's probably too good to be true. Buy it all you guys want though. It's not going to change my gut feeling.

If Mir wins I would actually rather see the winner of Cain/Big Nog get the tile shot. If Carwin wins give the shot to Carwin. Nothing against Mir' date=' he is my personal Fav HW. I'm just ready for Lesner to face someone new. To have his first 2 title defenses against the same guy is kinda boring.

Here is what I would love to see.

Carwin wins he fights Lesner.

Carwin loses he fights loser of Cain/Nog. Winner of Cain/Nog fights Lesner.

\Mir win or lose vs Carwin fights JDS next. Winner of that is next in line for the title shot.[/quote']

I agree. If Lesnar were to fight Mir next, then that wold make 3 out of Lesnars % fights in the UFC against the same person.............Kinda hard to gain respect beating the same loud mouth up over and over again

I'm still having trouble buying it. Brock looks as healthy as ever. People don't just recover from it like that. We have all just witnessed a miracle "So says Dana White and Brock Lesnar.". I just don't have much faith in the words of man. I'm no conspiracy theorists' date=' but yeah, I'm not buying what they are selling. If it seems to good to be true, it's probably too good to be true. Buy it all you guys want though. It's not going to change my gut feeling.[/quote']

Yea, I'm sure you are probabally right.......I'm sure Dana came up with an idea to schedule Brock to fight Carwin in a main even just to make up a story that Brock is very ill and unable to compete, then reschedule the fight and have to cancel it again for the same reason, all with the big story of a comeback from a near career ending illness that has already cost the UFC millions of dollars in lost ppv buys........You are an idiot......The UFC makes way too much money off of Brock Lesnar main events to even try to pull something so stupid...........Get a life idiot

Nog/Lesnar would be epic.

I would like to see it but if Brock gets back to his normal fight night weight of 285ish I think Big Nog would be hard pressed to deal with a guy that size. Only way I see him winning is if he can catch Brock into a submission like Mir did in Mir/Lesner 1. I don't think Big Nog has the stand up skill to dominate the striking or strength to be able to control him in the clinch.

I agree. If Lesnar were to fight Mir next' date=' then that wold make 3 out of Lesnars % fights in the UFC against the same person.............Kinda hard to gain respect beating the same loud mouth up over and over again[/quote']

He beat him up once Mir deserves this fight his long term goal is the demise of Brock Lesnar. It doesnt get any better than that. Maybe they should of had brock move up the ladder first. There is a wall between the top heavyweights there are 3 or 4 really good ones and a bunch of mediocre ****s thats why he will continue to fight the same guys.

I'm still having trouble buying it. Brock looks as healthy as ever. People don't just recover from it like that. We have all just witnessed a miracle "So says Dana White and Brock Lesnar.". I just don't have much faith in the words of man. I'm no conspiracy theorists' date=' but yeah, I'm not buying what they are selling. If it seems to good to be true, it's probably too good to be true. Buy it all you guys want though. It's not going to change my gut feeling.[/quote']

My fiance's father has this disease...and there are times he looks bad (mostly when he eats anything with seeds in it) but when he watches what he eats and everything he looks like there is nothing wrong with him...the disease itself is very dangerous if the person doesn't take care of themselves...one wrong thing and Lesnar could end up like my fiance's father was when he was rushed to the hospital over a orange...Just because he looks healthy doesn't mean he never was sick from something

I would like to see it but if Brock gets back to his normal fight night weight of 285ish I think Big Nog would be hard pressed to deal with a guy that size. Only way I see him winning is if he can catch Brock into a submission like Mir did in Mir/Lesner 1. I don't think Big Nog has the stand up skill to dominate the striking or strength to be able to control him in the clinch.

Big Nogs boxing is pretty tight this fight should of already happened. Big Nog is super crafty more than Mir he would find a way to win

I think that Big Nog would definately deserve the title shot if that scenario would play out but I don't know about Cain. He just hasn't fought the top guys yet besides this fight coming up with Big Nog. But I do agree that this could just be a ploy to get more buys for 110.

If Cain beats Noguiera, I will consider him to be legit, but for now I am unimpressed. I can't see Cain beating Minotauro.

A Mir/Noguiera II would be great--finally shut up all the theorists that say "Mir was just the "better man"", no, Noguiera was really sick. I think Nogiuera will be the champion.

Nonsense. Brock was VERY sick.

Brock looked like crap a month ago in those pics. He's turned around a lot in last month and put on 30 lbs.

Brock one month ago:

brock1_medium.jpg

Nonsense. Brock was sick.

Brock looked like crap a month ago in those pics. He's turned around a lot in last month and put on 30 lbs.

Brock one month ago:

brock1_medium.jpg

Well that's good... I don't wish sickness on anyone.

[edit]Hahaha' date=' he can grow a pretty good beard! lol[/edit']

Brock Lesnar = genetic freak: ran the 40 yard dash in 4.65 seconds, 35 inch vertical leap, can deadlift 720 pounds, squat 695 and bench-press 475. NCAA div 1 wrestling champ + UFC HW champ. Mir 3.0 is a souped up Pinto. He'll never be a Ferrari

And none of that was good enough to get past Vikings training camp

by far the dumbest post...i have always held back calling someone a dumb noob...but i feel this post warrants this...DUMB NOOB

By far the dumbest post I myself have ever seen. Call me what you want. I don't really care about you. I'm giving back what he gives. Sorry you can't accept that.

Anyone who has been around the internet for more than a year or two knows that NOOB actually was originally n00b. Anyone that's been around MMA for any amount of time knows it's damned stupid to call the outcome of a fight before it happens.

n00b

I think Dana was basically saying that Cain and Big Nog are only just a hair behind Carwin and Mir in terms of deserving a title shot as things currently stand and any change to the status of the 2 front runners would result in Nog/Cain being the interim championship fight. For Carwin's sake I hope it all goes according to plan, he's waited long enough.

Personally I think they should take the interim belt off the table' date=' and take the winners of the next two HW fights and have them fight for #1 condender status. In the meantime Brock does need to fight someone soon after coming back. Who that may be I couldn't tell you. All the deserving fighters have fights coming up already. Maybe winner of Nog and Cain maybe? But then what about the winner of Mir vs. Carwin? They fight the loser of Nog vs. Cain?

This whole thing sounds awfully fishy no matter what. I've just read what Divercullitis does to people, and Brock doesn't look like it's had any effect on him whatsoever. It just all seems crazy fishy.[/quote']

Exactly. I fail to see the point of an interim title when the champ is fit to return to training and fighting. It just ties the UFC to another Mir/Lesnar fight and cuts off any better options which may present themselves down the road.

Am I the only would who would be excited for Lesnar vs Mir 3? I think the size Mir packed on and his improved striking add whole new dimensions to that fight. Lesnar vs Carwin would be awesome as well. If Velasquez beats Nog' date=' which lets be real would be a lay and prey decision, fed him Junior dos Santos before he gets a title shot. That's honestly the way I would like to see it go down.[/quote']

and it was probably you who dropped my thread. :rolleyes:

I'm not really interested in seeing Mir get murdered. Lesnar took a lot of harsh words from Mir after the first fight about how this isn't the WWF, it isn't fake, etc.. and Lesnar went into the second fight full focused and just beat the crap out of Mir.

Now with all the trash talk after his Kongo victory, even talking about Lesnar and his illness, then later adding immature comments like "I'm going to aim for his guts, stomach' would have pissed me off.

I can't speak for everyone but I think Lesnar looked very dominate in his second Mir fight and I credit part of that to the personal words/feud between the two of them.

I would much rather see a guy with a 4-1 record fight someone like Big Nog and earn some true respect rather than see a third fight when it would be half of his MMA record against the same guy!

Archived