Diego Sanchez vs Amir Sadollah

tuf1_

Interesting Idea. I'm not sure if I like the match-up though. Amir is relatively inexperienced. I would like to see him get a few wins under his belt before he faces a guy like Diego. But you Amir has been damn impressive so who knows he may have a shot in this one.

Diego looked terrible against BJ but that's what the greats do to good fighters. I still have to think that Diego is a step above Amir for the time being anyways.

I'd like Diego to take a decent amount of time off and face the winner of Fitch/Alves. This way he either gets to rematch with Fitch, and potentially avenge one of his losses, or go up against Alves, who he was originally faced to fight in his last WW bout, before pulling out through injury, allowing Koscheck to face the Pitbull.

Ehh yea I dont really think thats fair to either one, Amirs got so much talent but man Diego is a seasoned/tough kid, BJ will make anyone that drops to that weight look bad period. Let Amir get a few more up and comers/gatekeepers, Diego also despite losin to BJ and movin back up probably deserves a higher ranked guy than Amir is atm,in the future is a different story.

With Diego coming back to 170 I can't think of a better match up in Amir to welcome him back. They're both TUF winners and bring it every fight. What do you guys think and who do you like in the match up?

Nah, I liked Sanchez's idea of fighting Diaz, since they are both moving up to Welterweight.

Next?

Mike Swick .Vs. Diego Sanchez

AMir isn't quite ready for a Diego Sanchez level fighter; Keep in mind, unlike othe TUF winners Amir made his pro debut in the finale of his season. Guy has a total of 4 pro fights. Unlike most other winners he didn't spend time in lesser organizations before getting a spot on TUF. Compare that to Diego who was 12-0 and King of the Cage WW champ as a professional before being on TUF.

He looks great but still needs seasoning.

I don't think Amir is ready for someone like Diego Sanchez just yet.

Way to steal exactly what I was gonna say! lol

Amir is still improving, and at a rapid pace might I add, but Diego is too far up the food chain for him to take on right now.

I don't think Amir is ready for someone like Diego Sanchez just yet.

Exactly. JUST YET is perfect. Amir had a disappointment with that quick knock from Hendricks but he's been on a tear ever since, especially beating a seasoned guy like Baroni. Amir needs just a little more experience and a little more comfort. Diego's got sick cardio that I'm sure Amir hasn't felt or seen. Give him two maybe three more fights and he'll be a contender.

yeah throw amir in there with a top 3 LW and top 5 WW in diego sanchez LOL. i doubt that fight would last much longer then 3 minutes max, amir is no where near that level yet, he has yet to even fight a well rounded fighter hendricks was the closest he come to facing a well rounded opponent and he got tko'd quickly

I'd like Diego to take a decent amount of time off and face the winner of Fitch/Alves. This way he either gets to rematch with Fitch' date=' and potentially avenge one of his losses, or go up against Alves, who he was originally faced to fight in his last WW bout, before pulling out through injury, allowing Koscheck to face the Pitbull.[/quote']

Nothing would change with Fitch and Alves would smash him.

I actually think facing Sadollah would be a good idea, but I think they are really trying to promote him now and a loss would not be a good thing. A good comeback for Diego and one he'd likely win. Sadollah's got a ways to go before he becomes a WW elite. Nate Diaz is a good alternative.

Archived