What fighter has the biggest hype? (Champs not included)

JP24

Aside from Brock Lesnar, Fedor, Penn, GSP, Machida, and Shogun, who gets the most hype in your opinion?

[edit]To avoid any more confusion, I mean hype in general: Deserved, undeserved--doesn't matter. Outside of those who we all know is waaay overhyped, who else has rabid hype following them?[/edit]

That's what I was wondering Biggest Deserved Hype or Undeserved?

Deserved Hype - Jon Jones.

Undeserved Hype - Cain Velasquez

Any hype... You can label them... But I mean in general, outside of the Brock vs. Fedor crap and the champions who are hyped as heck, who is the most hyped...

I pick:

Jon Jones

Quinton Jackson

Thiago Alves

Cain Velasquez

Kimbo Slice

Nate Marquardt

Michael Bisping

Any hype... You can label them... But I mean in general' date=' outside of the Brock vs. Fedor crap and the champions who are hyped as heck, who is the most hyped...

I pick:

Jon Jones

Quinton Jackson

Thiago Alves

Cain Velasquez

Kimbo Slice

Nate Marquardt

Michael Bisping[/quote']

Good list but I think most of the hype on Bisping was ended with Hendo's right hand.

Good list but I think most of the hype on Bisping was ended with Hendo's right hand.

lol Good point... But he picked back up with (OMG I'm gonna say it!!!) an imressive win over Denis Kang... If he beats Wanderlei, that hype will be back with a vengeance.

lol Good point... But he picked back up with (OMG I'm gonna say it!!!) an imressive win over Denis Kang... If he beats Wanderlei' date=' that hype will be back with a vengeance.[/quote']

Maybe it was just me but I thought Bisping looked very tentative in that fight with Kang and I had Kang winning the first round. TO be expected I guess, you don't bounce right back after what Hendo did to him.

The fighters who are currently receiving the biggest hype I'd say are..

Paul Daley

Jon Jones

Cain Velasquez

Lil' Nog

Vitor Belfort

Dan Hardy

I'm choosing to list fighters who haven't really been on top yet, besides Vitor Belfort who was on top in the HW division once upon a time. Times have changed though, as has Vitor.

Any hype... You can label them... But I mean in general' date=' outside of the Brock vs. Fedor crap and the champions who are hyped as heck, who is the most hyped...

I pick:

Jon Jones

Quinton Jackson

Thiago Alves

Cain Velasquez

Kimbo Slice

Nate Marquardt

Michael Bisping[/quote']

Really? Rampage? i think he's pretty solid and deserves it

The fighters who are currently receiving the biggest hype I'd say are..

Paul Daley

Jon Jones

Cain Velasquez

Lil' Nog

Vitor Belfort

Dan Hardy

I'm choosing to list fighters who haven't really been on top yet' date=' besides Vitor Belfort who was on top in the HW division once upon a time. Times have changed though, as has Vitor.[/quote']

How come dan hardys not on top???? He is facing GSP

lol Good point... But he picked back up with (OMG I'm gonna say it!!!) an imressive win over Denis Kang... If he beats Wanderlei' date=' that hype will be back with a vengeance.[/quote']

I disagree partially about this, because almost everyone Wanderlei has faced over past 2 years has beat him......Beating the Wanderlei of today doesnt really do much for Bisping IMO.

Your right about Paul Daley' date=' he is way overrated! I can't wait to see him get smashed. Once he fights a top 3 WW he is getting his **** kicked.[/quote']

you are wrond imo

Daley will prove a lot of doubters wrong and get a title shot.

Fair enough not sure if he could beat GSP though.

Can not see any others stopping semtex, maybe Matt hughes could, not sure Daley would ever get up again, but Daley would destroy Kos imo

you are wrond imo

Daley will prove a lot of doubters wrong and get a title shot.

Fair enough not sure if he could beat GSP though.

Can not see any others stopping semtex' date=' maybe Matt hughes could, not sure Daley would ever get up again, but Daley would destroy Kos imo[/quote']

Your wrong. Daley will get served by any top 5 WW.

You not sure if he could beat GSP...LOL GSP will humiliate him. No even close!

Your wrong. Daley will get served by any top 5 WW.

You not sure if he could beat GSP...LOL GSP will humiliate him. No even close!

you could be right- Gsp is a much better fighter since the Serra loss and is not so easily caught out

but as you probally know you can never say never in this sport

and there is always a suprise somewhere on a card or two

Right now it has to be Jon Jones. For very good reason though. An 84.5 inch reach, very strong Grecon-Roman wrestling, super athleticism & he's only 22 years old. You then add the fact that he's a part of in my opinion, the best camp in MMA and it's easy to see why he's looked at as the future at Light Heavyweight. Now I do think the talk of him being the next Anderson Silva is a pre-mature, I have no doubt that Bones will one day become champion. But as of late he's been talked about as if he's ready to fight for the title now but I'd like to see him face a few more guys (assuming he beats Vera, which I think he will) before we throw him in the discussion to fight for the belt.

the ones that deserve the hype:

jon jones

paul daley

little nog

junior dos santos

todd duffee

roy nelson

vitor belfort

nate marquardt- alot of people say he may be the best non champ in the ufc

not deserving

kimbo slice -the fight with alexander was a joke

gray maynard- the fight with diaz was a joke

anyone at 155 who is considered a "contender" for bj's belt

also look out for melvin guillard, heard he trains with greg jackson now

would have to say Cain and Daley, Daley is the same fighter he always is, good striker with a terrible ground game and just a big left hook. Cain has pillow hands and no bjj yet he has been overhyped after very average performances.

Saw someone mention a good one a minute ago in Duffee, people are saying he is the next big thing after seeing all of 10 seconds of him. We dont know anything yet about him really

would have to say Cain and Daley' date=' Daley is the same fighter he always is, good striker with a terrible ground game and just a big left hook. Cain has pillow hands and no bjj yet he has been overhyped after very average performances.

Saw someone mention a good one a minute ago in Duffee, people are saying he is the next big thing after seeing all of 10 seconds of him. We dont know anything yet about him really[/quote']

now that i think about it....didnt daley lose to jake shields?

The "NEW" Frank Mir,

Paul Daley,

Dan Hardy

and Todd Duffee are all over-hyped.

Whoever it was that said Junior Dos Santos is over-hyped, way off.

IMO he is being looked over and not getting the hype he deserves.

Jon Jones I believe is getting the ammount of hype he deserves.

Archived