Look Out Strikeforce

TrueGrit

No records will be broken unless Fedor signs with the UFC at the end of the year but it will be a good year for the UFC regardless. I see Strikeforce being #3 in a year.

aww man it will..with the return of brock and if you had rampage/ rashad fight along with some other good matchups..lawdy..

UFC 109 is pretty stacked too. Not sure if it will compete with PPV buys but i'm excited for it. Two legends going at it. This fight has so much history in it. It's a real privilege to get to see these guys fight.

Then you got Chael vs Nate, Damien Maia is on the card along with swick and Paulo Thiago. Man there are some awesome fights coming up.

I'm a long time, big UFC fan but gotta admit, I look forward to WEC cards more these days, they just never fail to be wars, nearly every fight, whereas some of the 'big name' main events and co-main events in the UFC have been hugely bigged up in the media have turned out to be yawn fests!

Don't get me wrong, love the UFC, always will, but the undercard has some of the best fights these days and the WEC is just awesome!!

I mean Couture Vs Coleman?!? Trust me, they'll hug each other for 15 minutes!

fedor please he will get murder in the ufc ' date='if rogers the guy that was changing tire a year before their fight did that to his face ufc dont need fedor ,he need the ufc to prove hes any good now i dont care what he did back then. i was not impress with the rogers fight sorry[/quote']

What about Carwin, who STILL works as an engineer full time? Why do people discredit Rogers for working and not Carwin? Fan boys, that's why.

What about Carwin' date=' who STILL works as an engineer full time? Why do people discredit Rogers for working and not Carwin? Fan boys, that's why.[/quote']

Rogers quit that job because he says he trains MMA full time now..Carwin still works..Plus Carwin has a better background than rogers..

Rogers quit that job because he says he trains MMA full time now..Carwin still works..Plus Carwin has a better background than rogers..

Better wrestling background, yes. MMA, no.

But nobody ever brings up Brett's background other than the fact that he worked for a living. Something a bunch of 15 year old Brock Lesnar fans know nothing of apparently.

fedor please he will get murder in the ufc ' date='if rogers the guy that was changing tire a year before their fight did that to his face ufc dont need fedor ,he need the ufc to prove hes any good now i dont care what he did back then. i was not impress with the rogers fight sorry[/quote']

LOL, so Fedor needs to go to the UFC so he can beat up a 4-1 fighter with only two notable wins. He needs to fight Mir who has lost to cans and to LHWs. He needs to beat up Nog for the third time. He needs to fight Carwin who's record is basically Brett Rogers. He needs to beat Cain who couldn't even finish Kongo. Right, his career will be so diminished by fighting those guys.

And really, don't be such a tool with the whole Brett Rogers use to change tires bull crap. Just like every other fighter, he had to work to support himself. You think all these fighters were able to support themselves with just fighting? Or, do you think it's just Brett Rogers has only been training for that one year? Just because you are working doesn't mean you can't train. Also, the guy is a top 10 fighter. Why shouldn't a Top 10 fighter put up a good fight against Fedor?

What about Carwin' date=' who STILL works as an engineer full time? Why do people discredit Rogers for working and not Carwin? Fan boys, that's why.[/quote']

Tires vs Engineer...you figure it out! Sorry no disrespect but there is a huge difference. Also I do not think that anyone was discrediting Rogers or Carwin. What he was saying is that Fedor WAS amazing and arguably the best ever but undeniably as you age your skill decreases in terms of reflexes etc etc. Fedor is still amazing but he would be exposed more often in the UFC and that is a fact. Every fight would be a grind. Mousasi who I think is unbelievable and Henderson who I like also are fabulous but once again the competition is not stellar a majority of the way through. The top of each organization is really good but you cant just look at the top four guys you have to go much deeper and look at the lower level guys.

Alpha I have read many of your post and you are generally right on point but you seem a little biased in this view which in turn makes you the Fan Boy.

Better wrestling background' date=' yes. MMA, no.

But nobody ever brings up Brett's background other than the fact that he worked for a living. Something a bunch of 15 year old Brock Lesnar fans know nothing of apparently.[/quote']

ok...So can you list off a background for rogers??

ok...So can you list off a background for rogers??

Sure. A bunch of nobodies and 1 credible win (a former UFC HW champion)

Carwin, a bunch of nobodies and 1 credible win.

And LOL @ Engineer and Tires being a big difference. Neither trained full time (yet Rogers does now, Carwin STILL works a full job and trains part time) yet Carwin is credible but Rogers isn't cause he worked at Sam's club. OK, I see the difference now. :rolleyes:

Tires vs Engineer...you figure it out! Sorry no disrespect but there is a huge difference. Also I do not think that anyone was discrediting Rogers or Carwin. What he was saying is that Fedor WAS amazing and arguably the best ever but undeniably as you age your skill decreases in terms of reflexes etc etc. Fedor is still amazing but he would be exposed more often in the UFC and that is a fact. Every fight would be a grind. Mousasi who I think is unbelievable and Henderson who I like also are fabulous but once again the competition is not stellar a majority of the way through. The top of each organization is really good but you cant just look at the top four guys you have to go much deeper and look at the lower level guys.

Alpha I have read many of your post and you are generally right on point but you seem a little biased in this view which in turn makes you the Fan Boy.

Explain to me what the difference there is to Tires vs Engineer when it comes to MMA? If anything the Tire guy might have an advantage as he actually does physical labor. I do agree with you that just because a fighter has to do work that isn't MMA it shouldn't discredit him.

Also, I'm not fully convinced yet that Fedor has lost a step. Also, people tend to forget that this isn't the first time Fedor hasn't dominated a fight right off the bat. He's known for pulling out wins regardless of what happens. And really, the guys from the UFC that I think would pose the most threat to him are Carwin, JDS, and maybe Brock(Although, if Brock fights Carwin you'll see Brock get exposed). The rest of the division would be a walk for him.

So basically what you are saying is that Brock will be washed up by the end of the year? I mean hes only a year younger than Fedor so... yeah. Tires would have an advantage over engineer as far as MMA is concerned because of the physicality. And say what you will about the competition in SF, but it has GREATLY improved in the last year or so and will continue to do so. In which case, the point of this thread will be moot in a year, maybe 2.

The word you are looking for is MURDERED!!!! Correction please! You did graduate right? or at least passed English 1 in High School right? Cos if you didnt you need to learn proper grammer.

YES IM A GRAMMAR NAZI DEAL WITH IT!!!

A guy like Rodgers who stands at 6'5" and 280lbs would overturn any Heavyweight off the ground. The thing you dont realise is Rodgers is a strong guy physically, and Fedor tossed him around like a rag doll. Who has Mir faced that weighed 280lbs? Oh yeah Brock Lesnar.......next!

Better wrestling background' date=' yes. MMA, no.

But nobody ever brings up Brett's background other than the fact that he worked for a living. Something a bunch of 15 year old Brock Lesnar fans know nothing of apparently.[/quote']

I know all MMA guys that arent making the major 5 figures all work for a living. Chris Lytle is a firefighter, Tito worked in an office job before making some money in MMA. GSP I heard was a garbage man.........

I hate n00bs, they really suck. Especially UFC fanboys.

LOL' date=' so Fedor needs to go to the UFC so he can beat up a 4-1 fighter with only two notable wins. He needs to fight Mir who has lost to cans and to LHWs. He needs to beat up Nog for the third time. He needs to fight Carwin who's record is basically Brett Rogers. He needs to beat Cain who couldn't even finish Kongo. Right, his career will be so diminished by fighting those guys.

And really, don't be such a tool with the whole Brett Rogers use to change tires bull crap. Just like every other fighter, he had to work to support himself. You think all these fighters were able to support themselves with just fighting? Or, do you think it's just Brett Rogers has only been training for that one year? Just because you are working doesn't mean you can't train. Also, the guy is a top 10 fighter. Why shouldn't a Top 10 fighter put up a good fight against Fedor?[/quote']

This^^

The word you are looking for is MURDERED!!!! Correction please! You did graduate right? or at least passed English 1 in High School right? Cos if you didnt you need to learn proper grammer.

YES IM A GRAMMAR NAZI DEAL WITH IT!!!

A guy like Rodgers who stands at 6'5" and 280lbs would overturn any Heavyweight off the ground. The thing you dont realise is Rodgers is a strong guy physically' date=' and Fedor tossed him around like a rag doll. Who has Mir faced that weighed 280lbs? Oh yeah Brock Lesnar.......next!

I know all MMA guys that arent making the major 5 figures all work for a living. Chris Lytle is a firefighter, Tito worked in an office job before making some money in MMA. GSP I heard was a garbage man.........

I hate n00bs, they really suck. Especially UFC fanboys.

This^^[/quote']

Yep. I believe Anderson Silva worked at McDonalds.

If we went by this knowledge than the only credible fighters are guys like Hendo or COuture who have competed all their lives. People work for a living.

Sure. A bunch of nobodies and 1 credible win (a former UFC HW champion)

Carwin' date=' a bunch of nobodies and 1 credible win.

And LOL @ Engineer and Tires being a big difference. Neither trained full time (yet Rogers does now, Carwin STILL works a full job and trains part time) yet Carwin is credible but Rogers isn't cause he worked at Sam's club. OK, I see the difference now. :rolleyes:[/quote']

I just think carwin would have the edge on him not cause of their jobs but because he has that wrestlin background..

I just think carwin would have the edge on him not cause of their jobs but because he has that wrestlin background..

And that I could agree with. It would be a good matchup between the two. Both are two strong guys with good hands. You may be right, Carwin's wrestling background would give him an edge in the fight. I could see it going either way.

Archived