what happened?

Igorfan

the ufc used to be the proving ground for fighters from around the world to test their mettle against the best in the world. every fight was a whos the best fight. most ended by knock out (legitimate) or submission.

now... most end by descision.

ive seen championship fights in the past 3 years that ended by descision.

theres something inheriently wrong with that.

ive seen fighters beat one or two guys and immediately get a shot at the title.

ive seen fighters punch other fighters in the back of the head, grab the cage, and get warned.

ive seen seasons of the ultimate fighter build up to a super fight between rival coaches only to end in dissapointment or never happen at all.

ive seen champions duck fights and change weight class in order to avoid a fight with a contender. or refuse to fight a certain fighter because of their friendship.

ive seen questionable descisions and referee stoppages that made me cringe.

ive seen ufc pay per view events that didnt even feature a championship bout.

i dont like where ufc is now. im going to stop watching for a while. maybe if enough people follow that lead theyll have no choice but to improve ufc in general.

if nothing else i wont have to see any of those things for a year.

see you in a year.

igorfan

the ufc used to be the proving ground for fighters from around the world to test their mettle against the best in the world. every fight was a whos the best fight. most ended by knock out (legitimate) or submission.

ive seen fighters punch other fighters in the back of the head' date=' grab the cage, and get warned.

ive seen seasons of the ultimate fighter build up to a super fight between rival coaches only to end in dissapointment or never happen at all.

ive seen champions duck fights and change weight class in order to avoid a fight with a contender. or refuse to fight a certain fighter because of their friendship.

i dont like where ufc is now. im going to stop watching for a while. maybe if enough people follow that lead theyll have no choice but to improve ufc in general.

see you in a year.

igorfan[/quote']

Damn son, Looks like I'm gon git to jump on this bandwagon! YEEEE HAWWWWW!

ive seen fighters punch other fighters in the back of the head' date=' grab the cage, and get warned.

see you in a year.

igorfan[/quote']

Later newbie, you obviously know nothing of the sport and you want to just watch some well trained fighter scrap someone who knows nothing just to see a knockout, instead of embracing 2 very well trained fighters fighting for that submission only to see a counter. What champions are ducking who , who's changing weight classes to avoid , have you ever watched boxing? guess not , questionable decisions are inevitable, judges are human and to err is human. You cant always have a belt on the line for a PPV, there's 20 shows a year, i think 17 are PPV , is that enough time for someone to recuperate after fighting 5 , 5 min rounds, NO .. so while your off watching Scooby doo and his crime fighting friends for the year, go open a book and soak up some information on techniques of fighters, and learn more about what this sport entails , you want just beat up and knock outs, go watch kickboxing and even then alot go the distance.

Archived