UFC 110 Predictions

AUSMMA

these are my predictions for the main card of UFC 110

Antonio Nogueira Vs Cain Velasquez- Who will win? The legend or the rising star. Both have amazing ground grames which I believe will nulify each others, which will leave the stand up to determine the winner. Despite CV current form I do not belive he can defeat AN. Prediction: Nogueira via Unanimous Decision

Wanderlei Silva Vs Michael Bisping- Even with his poor record in the UFC I think Silva's size, flailing punches, vicious knees and desire for revenge against the wolfslair team will be enough for an early finish. Prediction: Silva via 1st Rnd TKO

Joe Stevenson Vs George Sotiropoulos- Make sure you watch this fight, as it has fight of the night written all over it. Both men have great ground games especially Sotiropoulos' in his win over Roop. Unfortunately for George I do not think his stand up is on par with the top competitors. Prediction : Stevenson via Unanimous Decision

Keith Jardine Vs Ryan Bader- I wont say I know a lot about Ryan Bader because I don't. The result of this fight could hinge on what Keith Jardine decides to show up. Prediction: Unknown

Mirko Cro Cop Vs Ben Rothwell- Cro Cop should have an easy night on Feb 21st even despite his terrible form. Ben Rothwell was horrible in his last fight against Cain Velasquez. Granted it was a great performance by CV, but I just dont think Ben Rothwell has the skills to compete in the UFC. Prediction: Cro Cop via 3rd Rnd TKO

Feel free to argue about my predictions and state your own opinion. These are just what I think will happen. Thanks :)

I think Nog will show how much a natural 240lbs. person has over one that is clearly flabby, and just eating whatever to maintain that weight. Once again i'll reiterate that Cain is a natural 205lbs. fighter. He''ll get a takedown or two, but he'll get manhandled once he gets to the ground with Noguiera, and start thinking about keeping things standing. Problem is Nogueira will probably do better then him there too. I'll be surprised if this bout ends in a decision. I think Cain is going to either get subbed, or knocked out.

Bader versus Keith. Hmm, I think Bader is more technically superior, as far as standing up is concerned. On the ground though, Keith is known to have a great guard. I think Bader will want to keep it on the feet. Hopefully he doesn't punch himself out, and actually paces himself more, unlike he did with Big Red. Bader most definitely has the power to KO Jardine. I think he hits even harder then Silva (Not Anderson Silva, the other Silva).

Joe Stevenson v. Sotiropulous (Gosh, I can't spell his name). I'm going with Joe. He's SOO much bigger. It's insane how big Stevenson is. I think he is even larger then Sherk. He'll basically just manhandle Sot, and most likely get a submission win. I mean Joe Daddy manhandled Spencer Fischer, and Spencer would probably destroy Sot.

Cro Cop will win by decision against Rothwell. Honestly Cro Cop just looks plain horrible compared to the past. He rarely throws kicks, as he is constantly thinking of getting taken down, which really limits his threat level. Rothwell is just plain out of shape, but he's big. Yeah, Cro Cop by decision, in a very lackluster fight.

Bisping v. Wanderlie. Hmm, gotta go with Bisping on this one. Wanderlei has KO power, but he's just too slow. Someone with as much lateral movement as Bisping is just gonna be even more elusive then Rich Franklin. Bisping won't get into any scuffles, as he knows how KO'able he is now.

i was going to say nog by sub but wrestling has been known to nulify BJJ

yeah i can understand that with a general bjj guy but Nog is no general bjj and cain is no lesnar type wrestler... if nog can handle and even sweep couture, nog will play with cain on the ground and cain doesn't have the power to stop Nog with Ground and Pound..

Nog by submission RD 1/2

Silva by KO RD 1

Hope George but thinking Steveson RD 2 TKO

Jardine v Bader is 50:50 not a huge fan of Jardine but his experience may be to much for Bader but if jardine rocks up in poor form the Bader but if i had to choose Bader UD

Cro Cop v Rothwell is another tuff one, if Cro Cop really wants it and doesnt give up after round 1 then he does have a chance but Rothwell is a tough dude good fight but if i had to choose Rothwell RD 2

But all in im stoked with this card can't wait to see my first UFC event live

Cain by TKO round 2

I have to give Bisping the upper hand because he looked good his last fight so bisping by GnP in the 3rd

Stevenson RD 2 Sub(rear naked choke)

If jardine shows up it will be an easy night IMO

and hopefully Cro Cop goes back to his Pride days but Rothwell can take pain so I say Cro Cop by UD

But all in im stoked with this card can't wait to see my first UFC event live

have fun bro!

My picks:

Antonio Nogueira Vs Cain Velasquez- Nogueira via SD ( I think this one is going to very technical, and very close. )

Wanderlei Silva Vs Michael Bisping- Silva via KO. ( I like Bisping. I do think he has a chance in this fight. Especially if he goes for unpredictable take downs and stays rangey. However I think that Silva is gonna buzzsaw Bisping anyways. LOL )

Joe Stevenson Vs George Sotiropoulos- George S. via submission ( Joe's going to be a serious problem for Sotiropoulos, however I'm so impressed with his ground game these last few fights I think he will upset Stevenson.) SOTN possibly? =)

Keith Jardine Vs Ryan Bader- Ryan Bader via UD. (Jardine's awkward style hasn't done much for him lately. Bader should be able to ground and pound a UD.)

Mirko Cro Cop Vs Ben Rothwell- Rothwell via TKO. (I'm itching for a Crocop KO but Cops lost some speed and hasn't been connecting on his power shots lately Rothwell is more reliable to get a win in this one IMO)

i was going to say nog by sub but wrestling has been known to nulify BJJ

Noguiera's BJJ is legendary--I can definitely see a submission from him.

Noguiera via Submission (choke) in Round 3

Silva via (T)KO in Round 2

Cro Cop via KO in Round 2

Sotiropolous via UD

Bader via KO in round 3

Minotauro - Rd 1 armbar (pulls guard or takedown, Cain does gnp Nog catches armbar)

Axe Murderer - Rd 2 KO (Cuts bisping off, lands right hand, bisping tries to get away and eats knees)

Crocop - Rd 3 TKO (Lands body kicks, then high kick, followed by gnp)

Joe daddy - Rd 1 stoppage [(ko/tko or sub) (hope not but my prediction)]

The Dean of Mean - Rd 3 Decision (Hope Keith gets a Rd 1 KO, he needs it!!)

Looking forward to this event, I'm seeing it live and am really getting pumped the closer it gets!

Nog - UD (Cain can't finish Nog and I doubt Nog will sub him)

Soti - Sub RD2 (I reckon Soti has the better BJJ and will avoid Joe's stand up)

Bisping - UD (Wandy is over the hill, Bisping doesn't have the power to TKO him)

Rothwell - TKO RD2 (revenge taken out on the shadow of Cro Cop)

Jardine - SD (elusive stand up game will frustrate Bader)

I'd probably put my money on the above, very confident about these predictions but then all the guys are fighting away from home so perhaps that will play an unpredictable part?

I'd love all the fights to end in KO's but I don't see it happening.

yeah i can understand that with a general bjj guy but Nog is no general bjj and cain is no lesnar type wrestler... if nog can handle and even sweep couture' date=' nog will play with cain on the ground and cain doesn't have the power to stop Nog with Ground and Pound..

Nog by submission RD 1/2

Silva by KO RD 1

Hope George but thinking Steveson RD 2 TKO

Jardine v Bader is 50:50 not a huge fan of Jardine but his experience may be to much for Bader but if jardine rocks up in poor form the Bader but if i had to choose Bader UD

Cro Cop v Rothwell is another tuff one, if Cro Cop really wants it and doesnt give up after round 1 then he does have a chance but Rothwell is a tough dude good fight but if i had to choose Rothwell RD 2

But all in im stoked with this card can't wait to see my first UFC event live[/quote']

joe isnt that big..hes very short...and sean sherk is tiny...there stocky with muscle..doesnt make u big...if ur 5 '10 ull get eaten

joe isnt that big..hes very short...and sean sherk is tiny...there stocky with muscle..doesnt make u big...if ur 5 '10 ull get eaten

I agree Joe is not that big, but I think he is a better fighter overall than George. We'll see, this one is hard to call in my opinion. Joe looked great his last fight and George has looked good but is unproven against big names. Should be a great fight

Archived