Winner of Carwin/Mir gets shot wtf...

stevebo413

I think Carwin should just get it Mir only is on a one win streak if anything JDS should be fighting Carwin and Mir should be fighting someone els i think thats dumb how Dana has to favor Mir all the time hes already had a chance and he got crushed.

Dont get me wrong im not a brock fan at all nor mir and i hope Nog Or JDS will become the champ soon

I think Carwin should just get it Mir only is on a one win streak if anything JDS should be fighting Carwin and Mir should be fighting someone els i think thats dumb how Dana has to favor Mir all the time hes already had a chance and he got crushed.

Dont get me wrong im not a brock fan at all nor mir and i hope Nog Or JDS will become the champ soon

Because that is the way it has always been done...

the current #1 contender (Carwin) faces the last man to fight the estranged champ (Mir) for an interim title and when the champ returns that is his first fight for the undisputed title.

The precedent was set by boxing, and the UFC has followed suit.

If Brock is not back by summer, the winner of Velasquez/Cain faces the interim champ, or if he does return he immediately faces the winner of Mir/Carwin, then that winner faces the Nog/Cain winnner.

Apparently in the ufc heavyweight divistion, you can roll through 4 contenders but to get a title shot or a top contender bout you have to beat gabriel gonzaga. carwin fought 3 fighters and gets a top conteender bout. to me this doesnt make sense at all so now JDS gets gonzaga right after carwins defeated him. i like carwin but he doesnt deserve a shot at all

I think JDS is conceding title aspirations to his mentor for now, so either until Nog fights for the title one more time and loses, or wins the title and retires (my personal hopes for him), I wouldn't expect him to get into contention, though everyone can agree he is probably the best of the new generation of HW's.

Look Carwin got the #1 spot because of 2 things, a flawless record with highlight reel KO's, and his size, strength and style make for a good matchup with the Vanilla Gorilla.

Whether he "deserves it" or not is hard to tell since there is no official ranking system or body in MMA, but he got it nonetheless. Brock's illness threw a wrench in the works and now we have to go the "interim" route but that is what we have to deal with.

The Carwin/Mir fight should be an awesome fight and answer all sorts of questions about both fighters and the progress they have made.

It all works out in the end and once it does we will have the real best HW as champ. GOD I hope it isn't Brock, but if he makes it through the top 2 or 3 contenders (Mir, Carwin, Nog) then he will have earned it for sure.

Carwin beats Mir.. Nog beats Velasquez.. JDS beats Gonzaga... Lesnar beats Carwin... NOG beats Lesnar!!!! Thats how it goes boys and girls haha... this is how I see it... I think Lesnar is good enough to beat all the top contenders but I dont think he's good enough to beat Nog.. especially when it goes to the ground... Nog has beaten big guys before just like he would submit brock... Most people would say oh but Mir beat Nog but he only beat him because Nog was very ill with staff infection and missed 2 weeks of training camp.. Healthy Nog= UFC Undisputed Heavyweight Champion!!

MIR/Carwin was the right decision. JDS is one dimensional

Nogueria has no chance against Broc...and got beat bad by MIR...so how would Nogueria get a shot at the title...thats like giving Cheick Kongo a title shot ...after Mir destroyed and out classed him.

as far as cain ...we will see how he ranks after he fights Nogueria.

I think Cain will end up facing JDS .....and eventually after Frank Beats Brock....they will fight MIR.

Brocs 2nd fight back (after getting TKOed by Mir will most likely be Carwin....because they will be evenly ranked....are both wrestlers.....and the 1st fight never happened.

Mir will Win.....remember ...MIR is the stalker/Hunter and Brock is the Prey!

and after Brock sees what Mir does to carwin ....He will be crapping his pants.

Nogueria...(lol Nog)...will never beat lesnar, Mir, or Carwin.....and I am picking cain to beat him also......Nogueria

Nogueria ever being Heavyweight champion in the UFC is just wishful thinking....maybe he can go to strikeforce after Fedor leaves and be their paper champion.

He has no head movement ...He will get knocked out multiple times in the future.

maybe he can fight Mark Coleman at a catch weight after couture beats him...he might have a shot of winning that one.

Yeah Nog will be knocked out constantly now because that is how he rolls.

Even though coincidently he has only been knocked out once after coming out of the hospital.

(Sarcasm off)

Lesnar would be a challenge for Nog, but nog is a cleaner striker and when Lesnar takes him down, he is putting Nog in the best position he wants to be in. Lesnar might learn some JJ defence, but no damn way is he going to learn enough to stop all the moves Nog can throw him in from any angles.

Keep hugging Mirs **** though, SCO will be proud of you.

Nogueria...(lol Nog)...will never beat lesnar' date=' Mir, or Carwin.....and I am picking cain to beat him also......Nogueria

Nogueria ever being Heavyweight champion in the UFC is just wishful thinking....maybe he can go to strikeforce after Fedor leaves and be their paper champion.

He has no head movement ...He will get knocked out multiple times in the future.

maybe he can fight Mark Coleman at a catch weight after couture beats him...he might have a shot of winning that one.[/quote']

that's funny!

The man has never been KO'ed in his life (rumor says he gogoplata'd the truck after it hit him and ripped its wheel off) and the only TKO was against Mir, after 2 weeks in the hospital with staph and an elbow injury. Fedor couldn't stop him. He took a Cro Cop head kick and walked through it. Nog and Mir are the two most skilled of all the HW's, and I think Nog is better, maybe not stronger now, but just better.

Nah' date=' unless someone gets lucky Lesnar beats them all.

The only guy who could beat lesnar is Kane, if Lesnar would fight him up at his weight.

But since the limit is 265... get used to Lesnar cause only something of a fluke is going to keep him from beating all the current HWs.[/quote']

You think Pillow hands is going to beat Lesnar with sub par wrestling and no power?

Is he going to bore Lesnar to the point he quits?

Mir can beat Lesnar

Nog can beat Lesnar

Jds can beat Lesnar

Carwin, could probably KO lesnar.

He is big and fast and a hell of a wrestler, but past that he is one dimensional. He will be caught again unless he adapts to other styles, but these guys mention have and do adapt.

Did you see Nogueira vs Couture? everytime the fight went to the ground, marvelous things happened. Nogueira's guard is so dynamic, so brilliant, that only a guy that has fought nearly everyone could escape it.

And to all the haters, if you really believe Nog was in the same physical condition than when he fought Mir, you're either:

1) Clinically insane

2) Completely blind

3) A clueless Lesnar/Mir fan

4) All of the above.

Cain is good. But he isn't good enough for Nogueira. His boxing is ragged, and his only power is his wrestling... Which leads to a position where anyone sane would want to be, Nog's guard.

Kane = pillow hands???

yeah sure' date=' have Kane choke slam you over the top rope and then decide if the hand you felt wrapped around your throat felt like a pillow...[/quote']

So pillow hands can wrestle, but is sub par compared to Lesnar. add in the size disadvantage he is nothing.

I would stand and trade punches with him, I wouldn't want to wrestle him, thats why he is a pillow hands.

NO POWER BEHIND THEM

I think the winner of mir n carwin shud get the winner of cain n whoever he's fighting sorry i forgot. But yea then those two fight n the winner from that little tournament will get a shot at the title. I think that will get alot of ppv too. Everybody wants to kno who's getting a shot. That way if mir does win at least he has a couple more fights in a row and same thing for the others. Jds should get a shot him or carwin. Cain is still to young he got more to learn i think.

I think the winner of JDS/NOG get a shot at the winner of MIR/CARWIN then the winner of that move onto Brock Lesnar. Heck, Dana mentioned a summer return! It's plently of time to get the true #1 contender. I would like to see a tune up fight for Lesnar but we all know that isn't going to happen.

I think this is fair, Carwin beat Gonzaga, not saying much there Mir beat Kongo, not saying much there either...Brock beat Herring, not saying much there but then he beat the Champ Couture which to me sums it all up. Mir vs. Carwin should determine who deserves the shot with most likely Nog vs. Velasquez winner next in line...and don't forget JDS proving to be a worthy adversary! I'm excited again :cool:

MIR/Carwin was the right decision. JDS is one dimensional

Nogueria has no chance against Broc...and got beat bad by MIR...so how would Nogueria get a shot at the title...thats like giving Cheick Kongo a title shot ...after Mir destroyed and out classed him.

as far as cain ...we will see how he ranks after he fights Nogueria.

I think Cain will end up facing JDS .....and eventually after Frank Beats Brock....they will fight MIR.

Brocs 2nd fight back (after getting TKOed by Mir will most likely be Carwin....because they will be evenly ranked....are both wrestlers.....and the 1st fight never happened.

Mir will Win.....remember ...MIR is the stalker/Hunter and Brock is the Prey!

and after Brock sees what Mir does to carwin ....He will be crapping his pants.[/QUOTE]

Yea right,:P be very quite I'm huntin wabbits, here brock here brock !!!!

Apparently in the ufc heavyweight divistion' date=' you can roll through 4 contenders but to get a title shot or a top contender bout you have to beat gabriel gonzaga. carwin fought 3 fighters and gets a top conteender bout. to me this doesnt make sense at all so now JDS gets gonzaga right after carwins defeated him. i like carwin but he doesnt deserve a shot at all[/quote']

unfortunately in ufc history there have been a few guys that have gotten title shots very quickly in there ufc career.. to name a few anderson silva( 1 fight), david terrel (1 fight) dan hardy has 4 fights before his title shot and brock lesnar had 2 fights before his title shot and he lost one of those fights.. so honestly ufc doesnt really have a system...alot of it has to do with repeat match ups taking a backseat to new title challengers and more interest being in the new match ups .. as was in the case of vitor vs anderson silva (henderson was allegedly promised the next titl shot after his brutal k.o. of michael bisping)so... who knows..

Compared to Carwin' date=' Mir has beat alot of tougher opponents in the octagon (Sylvia, Lesnar, Noguiera, Kongo) and has already been HW champ before, thats why after 1 [i']convincing [/i]win he gets an interim shot. If anyone deserves a title shot more its Dos Santos. Hes knocking out everyone like Carwin, but these guys arent cans. Carwin has his size, strength, and a win over Gonzaga, while Dos Santos has knocked out Werdum, Struve, Cro Cop and now Yvel, not to mention hes training at the Black House with Nogiuera, Silva, Machida etc. so I dont think his ground game is lacking, even though we've yet to see it. This kid deserves an interim at least, but as people have already said, theres more money in promoting a potential Mir vs Lesnar 3.

Compared to Carwin' date=' Mir has beat alot of tougher opponents in the octagon (Sylvia, Lesnar, Noguiera, Kongo) and has already been HW champ before, thats why after 1 [i']convincing [/i]win he gets an interim shot. If anyone deserves a title shot more its Dos Santos. Hes knocking out everyone like Carwin, but these guys arent cans. Carwin has his size, strength, and a win over Gonzaga, while Dos Santos has knocked out Werdum, Struve, Cro Cop and now Yvel, not to mention hes training at the Black House with Nogiuera, Silva, Machida etc. so I dont think his ground game is lacking, even though we've yet to see it. This kid deserves an interim at least, but as people have already said, theres more money in promoting a potential Mir vs Lesnar 3.

this is what i hate about the new fans... yes JDS has KOed people but no-one that is anyone... beating nobodys does not get you a title shot before someone who has beat someone who matters

this is what i hate about the new fans... yes JDS has KOed people but no-one that is anyone... beating nobodys does not get you a title shot before someone who has beat someone who matters

New fan? Grow up man. Im comparing JDS to Carwin in terms of a shot for the title. List more bigger names that Carwin has knocked out compared to Dos Santos...

New fan? Grow up man. Im comparing JDS to Carwin in terms of a shot for the title. List more bigger names that Carwin has knocked out compared to Dos Santos...

was not talking about Carwin... but Carwin beat Gonzaga who is higher up then anyone JDS has fought recently...

IMO it should be a Nog Mir rematch

LOL......i dont think Nogueria ever even hit MIR......

Health Herring almost knocked him out

Tim Silvia ...smacked him around for most of the fight.

Nogueria is a non factor........and He would get hurt bad by a 265lb. mir or broc Lesnar........Ask Couture....he has been in there with Nogueria and Brock.......and I am sure he is doing some training with Frank...they are both in Vegas......

Where the dillusion lies...is about this Frank Mir gaining weight thing:

Here are some facts:

1. First lets forget about Mirs actual size and consider he is increasing his overall strength...working with Mark Phillippi.........anyone who thinks Mir wont be incrediably stronger then in his first 2 fights with Broc....has never been to the gym and lifted heavy....

I have some experience in this as I once was 280 lbs. from working out...you carry yourself different...and you will have much more power doing anything...as long as you still have flexibility.

So my point is....MIrs strength will be a huge difference...compared to before.....

thats a Big +1

2. Now lets look at Mirs Size.....he is now 284 Lbs.......broc is 274 lbs...........by June Mir will not only have 6 more months to increase strength ...but his target is to be at 285 lbs. and less then 10% body fat.....(he will have to cut to 265 lbs. for the fight....but should be about 275 lbs. walking into the cage......When they fought before Mir was..242 lbs. and Broc. was 285 lbs. to 290 lbs. walking into the cage.......so anyone thinking that isnt going to close the gap is Dillusional.

3. Broc already played his surprise card with the chest to chest and trapping Franks Wrist.....and pinning him agaist the cage......I am sure Mir is planning how to not let that happen again.

4. Brock will have ring rust....there is no doubt...being sick plus being off for over a year....

Frank will have no ring rust.......Even Dana said Ring rust is real....and hardly anyone fights well after a long layoff.

5. Everyones else games have advanced.....brocs hasnt...hes been sick and is just trying to get back to where he was......Mir will be a better fighter against Carwin then he was against Kongo and he will be better agaist Brock for the fight #3 then he was in the Carwin fight.

6. Mir will get another feel against a good wrestler like carwing to Fine tune his strategy against Brock.....who will Brock fine tune his game with ? tuschener?

7.The Most important fact: Frank Mir is Hungry and wants Brock bad.....you got to respect the guy for that....he is focused and serious.......on the other hand Brock looks at Mir as a stalker and no matter what he says I dont think he is motivated to fight Frank again.......I do believe Brock believes he will win....but really wheres his motivation?

I think all the surprises Brock has .....have been used....

8. The most important point "Brock is a Tapper" a quick tapper....he taps quicker then a group of clogging girls in a Georgia clogging competition...

Guess why he taps so fast.....? Because he knows Frank will Break it!

Those are the facts! The END!

was not talking about Carwin... but Carwin beat Gonzaga who is higher up then anyone JDS has fought recently...

IMO it should be a Nog Mir rematch

You really must have a thing against Dos Santos. He knocked out Werdum who was a top contender at the time, and that was his UFC debut. Then destroyed Struve who is now picking up his game, he'd be no different to anyone else other than Gonzaga that Carwin has faced in terms of threat. Then you got Cro Cop who everyone says has been and gone now, but he is a big name nevertheless and has a tonne of experience, and Yvel who was a dangerous striker in pride who many thought would be a great match up stylistically until Junior beat down on him. Thats 4 convincing wins in a row against respected opponents, so yeah, thats more than just a win over Gonzaga in Carwin's record IMO.

You really must have a thing against Dos Santos. He knocked out Werdum who was a top contender at the time' date=' and that was his UFC debut. Then destroyed Struve who is now picking up his game, he'd be no different to anyone else other than Gonzaga that Carwin has faced in terms of threat. Then you got Cro Cop who everyone says has been and gone now, but he is a big name nevertheless and has a tonne of experience, and Yvel who was a dangerous striker in pride who many thought would be a great match up stylistically until Junior beat down on him. Thats 4 convincing wins in a row against respected opponents, so yeah, thats more than just a win over Gonzaga in Carwin's record IMO.[/quote']

If Dos Santos beats Gonzago I think he deserves to get a title shot. That would make him 5-0 with wins over some top fighters. The problem is Brock faces the winner of Carwin/Mir and the Velasquez/Nogueira gets the next shot so he would have to wait about a year for his shot after the Gonzago fight. He will probably be made fight again because of that.

Archived