Your reasons why strikeforce sucks

UFCGOD1

i was just on the SF website ( to see their website design, etc .. which sucks btw ) and while in the forum i searched for "UFC" and found this thread :" Your reasons why UFC sucks" here are some of their " reasons" :

1. UFC 104

2. Overrated Brock Lesnar

3. Those who are primarily UFC fans, not MMA fans altogether (the type of dudes that gets easily influenced by UFC and think it's always the best, conveniently ignoring other great organizations that are potentially offering way more if it weren't for the UFC monopoly, like Strikeforce here and the late, great Pride FC that usually gets 40,000 people per event).

4. Pulling guard actually counts it as a takedown against the person who pulled guard (this is debatable though).

5. Monopolizing corporate monster who wants to control everything MMA in the countries the UFC had a popular following to (particularly the USA).

so I decided to open " Your reasons why strikeforce sucks "

share with us ...

ps: do i really have to put a link to their stupid forum , so you will believe me ?

So they suck because thaty hate on UFC' date=' and we're being super cool by bashing them in the exact same way?

[img']http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s23/Burgman_007/Motivational/Hipocrisy.jpg[/img]

who said that they suck because they hate the UFC? they suck because their only decent fighters are IMO fedor and hendo .

They suck because the SF HW title haven't been defended EVER in the two years of it's creation

and the list goes on and on ......

Strikeforce is a legitimate company and growing. What.........you expect it to be like the ucf only after a couple years or MMA operation?

UFCGOd' date=' your name says alot about how long you have been an MMA fan.[/quote']

FYI i have been watching MMA since the year 2000 , I am a fan since pride and now since pride is gone i am a fan of the UFC ... so if i don't like SF i am not a MMA fan ?

FYI i have been watching MMA since the year 2000 ' date=' I am a fan since pride and now since pride is gone i am a fan of the UFC ... so if i don't like SF i am not a MMA fan ?[/quote']

If what you say is true, I apologize. That would mean you started watching when you were 8 years old? Please explain. and yes, I checked your profile

If what you say is true' date=' I apologize. That would mean you started watching when you were 8 years old? Please explain. and yes, I checked your profile[/quote']

LOL , this is not even my account genius , it belongs to my brother who started watching the UFC because of me, and than got bored with it so i took his account

i was just on the SF website ( to see their website design' date=' etc .. which sucks btw ) and while in the forum i searched for "UFC" and found this thread :" Your reasons why UFC sucks" here are some of their " reasons" :

1. UFC 104

2. Overrated Brock Lesnar

3. Those who are primarily UFC fans, not MMA fans altogether (the type of dudes that gets easily influenced by UFC and think it's always the best, conveniently ignoring other great organizations that are potentially offering way more if it weren't for the UFC monopoly, like Strikeforce here and the late, great Pride FC that usually gets 40,000 people per event).

4. Pulling guard actually counts it as a takedown against the person who pulled guard (this is debatable though).

5. Monopolizing corporate monster who wants to control everything MMA in the countries the UFC had a popular following to (particularly the USA).

so I decided to open " Your reasons why strikeforce sucks "

share with us ...

ps: do i really have to put a link to their stupid forum , so you will believe me ?

SF doesn't suck IMO. They are still relatively new and are making great strides when it comes to signing fighters. Hendo, Mousasi, and Fedor are seriously cream of the crop and I would watch them fight wherever they were. Being an MMA fan, I appreciate a good fight regardless of who's promoting it.

FYI i have been watching MMA since the year 2000 ' date=' I am a fan since pride and now since pride is gone i am a fan of the UFC ... so if i don't like SF i am not a MMA fan ?[/quote']

Clearly you're an MMA fan or you probably wouldn't even be on this site. Either way, you may choose to dislike SF if you want, but all you're doing is missing out on entertaining fights in the future.

If what you say is true' date=' I apologize. That would mean you started watching when you were 8 years old? Please explain. and yes, I checked your profile[/quote']

I been watching since I was... 7 or 6. So 8 isn't unbelievable.

Granted I didn't fully understand it til later on once I started training (around 11 or 12).

Do you believe he took over his younger brother's account?

Why couldn't he start his own account? it's so easy.

LOL no I don't believe that.

But watching since a very young age is believable. I still remember when I saw Gerard kick Tuli's tooth out. I knew I wanted to do muay thai since that day.

I also remember laughing at the boxer dude who came in with 1 glove on. WTF was he thinking?

LOL no I don't believe that.

But watching since a very young age is believable. I still remember when I saw Gerard kick Tuli's tooth out. I knew I wanted to do muay thai since that day.

I also remember laughing at the boxer dude who came in with 1 glove on. WTF was he thinking?

lmao, Art Jimmerson. Man I laugh everytime I think of that.

Haha, this thread has takin a completely different twist. If yall don't mind I'd like to talk about what the thread was originally about. Do I think Strikeforce sucks?? Umm, no. I don't think any fighting organization sucks. Define suck for me?? Not sexually either, lol. Do yall think SF sucks b/c it's not ran and operated like the UFC?? Does it suck b/c it doesn't have the biggest names and the best fighters in the world??

Well, as long as an organization puts on good fights is all I care about. The last fight card that they put together was GREAT. Thomson vs. Melendez is w/o a doubt a fight of the year nominee. For the newcomer MMA fan, they showcased a great future fighter name "King" Mo Lawal. Most of the newcomer MMA fans are only familiar with the stars of the UFC. I LOVE learning about new fighters and SF, along with WEC, has got a TON of fighters that are going to be household names in the next few years.

Now, I do tend to like UFC more than SF but thats just b/c the UFC has become the "basis" of what and how a fighting organization should be run. I'm familiar with their fighters, owners, commentators, hell, even their ring girls. After awhile, i MIGHT like SF's way of running things just as much I do the UFC's, MAYBE. I will say that they're commentators are a little to cheesy and scripted sounded for my taste but oh well. But to me, that's not really what's important. All I care about is watching good fights and w/ them having Fedor and now Hendo AND King Mo, I think that their fights can only get better. I'm excited to see what 2010 will bring for SF and the UFC...................so quit hatin, haters. It's pointless, just enjoy the fights

Why cant you start your own account? *eye-brows going up*

cause I'm not an internet addict , i am barely online 1 or two hours a day , so my bro told me if i would be interested in his UFC forum account so i said what the hell why not .

and LOL actually i don't care if some people (that i don't even know ) over the internet doesn't believe me , I'll live lol

SF may not be in the same league as UFC yet, but for the short amount of time they've been in the business they have made HUGE progress. They show a lot of potential and put on good fights. The deal with CBS just makes it better. I see great things for that company down the line if things keep going that way.

Strikeforce is a joke.

Everybody would be admitting it if Fedor wasn't with them' date=' but Fedor's huggers are so manical that they would try to make Toughman look like the greatest fighting organization in the world if Fedor was with them.[/quote']

And here we have the UFC shill.

Seriously though, I find it funny how only SCO is in agreement with the topic starter. Even our forum moderator likes Strikeforce, this is a funny thread. And really, what reason is there to hate an organization that is run legitametly?

Now, here are some complaints I have about StrikeForce.

-They need to set their fight cards in stone earlier. Going into events 1 or 2 weeks with TBAs for opponents is a bit amateurish. It makes it seem like they really don't have much of a roster.

-They should take a page out of the UFC's book and show undercard fights if there is time to fill. I don't want to hear their announcers talk anymore than they should.

-The announcing Team they have sucks. They need to seriously get some real announcers. Heck, can they bring in Bas as the color commentator?

-Putting on fights with Title holders and not calling it a title fight is chicken shiz. That Sokoudjou vs Moussasi should have been a Title shot.

-It's annoying how they allow their champions to not defend their title. Although, it seems like they are trying to remedy this now that they are pushing to be a major organization. Stripping Cung Lee would have been a good move if Cung Lee hadn't fought on the Strikeforce after that. I understand why they did it, but it blew up in their faces anyways since Scott Smith won his match anyways. If Overeem doesn't defend his title on the next CBS card, he needs to be stripped of his title.

-I hate how everything is tape delayed. I want my events live, I hate having to avoid all forms of sports media so I don't have the results ruined for me. Luckily, I get Showtime East so I can at least catch the ShowMMA events when they first air.

I'm sure there are other things that irk me with StrikeForce. However, I am quite happy with the way things are shaping up for them and hope they can become a viable competitor to the UFC. If the UFC has competition we'll start to see amazing cards again.

Archived