Favourite UFC Debut.

Kable

Which fighter's debut did you enjoy the most?

Which debut made you think "damn this guy could really be a contender" or "That was some amazing technical striking" etc etc.

Haven't seen a thread on this. At least not for a while anyway.

Your thoughts?

Which debut made you think "damn this guy could really be a contender" or "That was some amazing technical striking" etc etc.

Your thoughts?

I liked JDS good striking and Bones crazy strikes also I think I also enjoyed when Huston Alexander stormed through and by now people hopefully stopped reading and I liked When SCO said he was either Brock Lesnar or Dana White, figure it out Cabrini.

Your thoughts?

i last thought that when hmmmm i cant remember haha em The one that springs to mind is Stefan Struve

Oh yeah got to add Sexyama. He had his orbital bone broken and his left eye completely swollen shut but still wared on and got the decision. That was an awesome fight. Cant wait to see him fight again.

Yeh Akiyama, looks like a good prospect. He really enjoyed himself and you could tell.

Anderson Silva. When he completely annihilated Chris Leben who was a top contender at the time. You could see the fear in Leben's eyes when he got up from that first knock down. I've never been so stunned by a debut.

Most recently, Lil Nog really impressed me. I think some people have forgotten how impressive Luis Cane was in his previous fights, but he got absolutely destroyed. There was part of that fight when Luis was quite literally sprinting to the other side of the octagon to avoid Nog's strikes. It was bizarre.

Most recently' date=' Lil Nog really impressed me. I think some people have forgotten how impressive Luis Cane was in his previous fights, but he got absolutely destroyed. There was part of that fight when Luis was quite literally sprinting to the other side of the octagon to avoid Nog's strikes. It was bizarre.[/quote']

Lil Nog seems like a beast in the fight.

I was thinkin lil nog but dont know if u want to count that since we alredy knew him well.

i think james te huna who debuts at 110 could make an impressive debut' date=' hes a beast.[/quote']

It was still his Debut in the UFC, he fought in MMA before but not the UFC.

No idea how the James te Huna fight will go tbh, fighting Mirko's buddy.

At the risk of looking like I'm trying to sound cool, it was Gerard Gordeau. I would have been about 20, when a karate enthusiast friend brought a video to my bedsit and we put it on. At this time I was completely unaware of competetive martial arts, and had only watched UK wrestling on a saturday afternoon with my Grandparents.

Then, seconds into the first fight, Gordeau kicked Teila Tuli in the face twice, knocking his teeth out, and I was dumbstruck. I watched pro wrestling for a few more years as access to the UFC was limited to us, but I never forgot my first taste of MMA.

At the risk of looking like I'm trying to sound cool' date=' it was Gerard Gordeau. I would have been about 20, when a karate enthusiast friend brought a video to my bedsit and we put it on. At this time I was completely unaware of competetive martial arts, and had only watched UK wrestling on a saturday afternoon with my Grandparents.

Then, seconds into the first fight, Gordeau kicked Teila Tuli in the face twice, knocking his teeth out, and I was dumbstruck. I watched pro wrestling for a few more years as access to the UFC was limited to us, but I never forgot my first taste of MMA.[/quote']

That was a pretty good debut, wasnt it?

At the risk of looking like I'm trying to sound cool' date=' it was Gerard Gordeau. I would have been about 20, when a karate enthusiast friend brought a video to my bedsit and we put it on. At this time I was completely unaware of competetive martial arts, and had only watched UK wrestling on a saturday afternoon with my Grandparents.

Then, seconds into the first fight, Gordeau kicked Teila Tuli in the face twice, knocking his teeth out, and I was dumbstruck. I watched pro wrestling for a few more years as access to the UFC was limited to us, but I never forgot my first taste of MMA.[/quote']

That fight was a real kick in the teeth to Teila Tuli haha...it's the best expression for the fight.

It's one of the holy **** moments of the UFC. Gordeau got off worse though apparently, teeth stuck in his foot I believe.

One of my favourite debuts was Jake Ellenberger against Condit' date=' I know Jake lost the fight but I still thought he looked awesome and gave me the impression that he's got a very exciting future.[/quote']

yeah that was a good fight i want to see ellenberger fight daley

Marco Ruas. I had actually seen him on a few Vale Tudo underground tapes before the UFC then he came in and blasted everyone. Here was a Brazilian, who after Royce shook up the world with Gracie Jiujitsu, came in and won not only with world class BJJ but awesome Muay Thai as well. He wasn't just subbing guys much bigger than him, he beat a few down.

And of course Anderson Silva, He came in and blasted through the rock solid chin of Leben and put him away like no one ever had. Definitely a "WOW" moment.

Josh Thomson and Mike Swick. Thomson's KO over Gerald Strebendt was epic, followed by his decision win over Hermes Franca. When I say Mike Swick, I don't mean on TUF Season 1 where he fought Stephan Bonnar, but when he fought on the finale and knocked Alex S. out within 20 seconds, and followed with another quick knockout.

Your thoughts?

Cool topic, i'd say Anderson v Leben Houston v Jardine and Lyoto v Soku, i thought Soku was gonna hurt Machida haha. Gotta catch him first though.;)

Cool topic' date=' i'd say Anderson v Leben Houston v Jardine and Lyoto v Soku, i thought Soku was gonna hurt Machida haha. Gotta catch him first though.;)[/quote']

Cheers, The Lyoto vs Soku fight, Soku was really hyped by alot of people for the fight. Lyoto showcase his ground game well in the fight which is rare. Took Sokudjou out of his element.

Archived