Where is Yoshihiro Akiyama's next opponent???

MCmmaOorah

He was slated to fight Wanderlei in Australia' date=' but for some reason he was pulled and Bisping took his place. The dude's not even injured so I don't know why it's taking so long for a new opponent. His last fight was at UFC 100 back in July of last year.[/quote']

His orbital bone was broken at UFC 100 which I would think had plenty of time to heal by now. I was kinda wondering when he'd be back in the octagon myself.

Wandy isnt what he used to be but I still think he could easily crush Akiyama.

sexyama wasnt fighting all too well at ufc 100

from the fights i have seen, hes usually better than that

silva could still probably beat him, but not in the fashion that people assume (not so dominating)

He was slated to fight Wanderlei in Australia' date=' but for some reason he was pulled and Bisping took his place.[/b'] The dude's not even injured so I don't know why it's taking so long for a new opponent. His last fight was at UFC 100 back in July of last year.

Because Bisping and a Bisping wanderlei fight in particular is a much bigger draw for casual MMA fans, in fact I'd say its a bigger draw than the Cain v Nog fight which is the Main Event at the UFC in Australia.

As for Akiyama I would have rather seen him up against Marquadt instead of Sonnen to be honest, no sure who he will fight next now.

sexyama wasnt fighting all too well at ufc 100

from the fights i have seen' date=' hes usually better than that

silva could still probably beat him, but not in the fashion that people assume (not so dominating)[/quote']

He may not have looked as good as he usually does because he was fighting Belcher. I think both of these guys are on their way up in the division. We saw a three round war between two talented martial artists.

I believe at Wanderleis current state, Akiyama would be able to pound out a Unanimous Decision win. His ground game is good enough to prevent 'The Axe Murderer' from sweeping him while maintaining a good ground and pound, possibly even get a TKO . But then again Wandy is one of those guys where if his hands touch your chin, you could be waking up in the corner with a oxygen mask asking 'Where'd my cheerios go!'. But like I said, I think that would be Yoshihiros fight. A good fight for him would be Marquardt, Dan Miller. Someone he could have a well rounded fight with to show of his skills.

Because Bisping and a Bisping wanderlei fight in particular is a much bigger draw for casual MMA fans' date=' in fact I'd say its a bigger draw than the Cain v Nog fight which is the Main Event at the UFC in Australia.

As for Akiyama I would have rather seen him up against Marquadt instead of Sonnen to be honest, no sure who he will fight next now.[/quote']

I wouldn't send him in to Marquardt quite yet...unless they wanna cut him from the roster, lol. As much as I don't like admitting this, Nate would tool Sexyama.

A fractured orbital bone takes a long time to fully heal to a safe level to allow him to fight more. If not allowed to properly heal it threatens your vision, sense of smell, balance. A busted eye socket put Heath Herring on the bench for a long time now, maybe permanently.

Sexyama is a damm good fighter, the Wandi fight intrigued me alot, especially after Wandi's surgery. But I think he will face a lower level guy on his return and move up the ladder. The Belcher win was good but was too close to push Aki up the ladder just yet.

U'd like to see him face Sonnen maybe, or Maia, Nate Quarry... there are plenty of fights that would allow a better gauge of where his skills stand right now.

Because Bisping and a Bisping wanderlei fight in particular is a much bigger draw for casual MMA fans' date=' in fact I'd say its a bigger draw than the Cain v Nog fight which is the Main Event at the UFC in Australia.

As for Akiyama I would have rather seen him up against Marquadt instead of Sonnen to be honest, no sure who he will fight next now.[/quote']

i wanna see bisping vs sonnen or bisping v okami

lol @ Akiyama motioning to the crowd to get amped up' date=' as Belcher tags him with the "push off the cage" superman punch.

that was a great fight[/quote']

yea it was a great fight, i still have that fight on my DVR,

i also agree that there both gonna be contenders in the division, i thought belcher was older than 25 though, dude is brutal

For me the first Akiyama fight doesn't need to be looked at closely because it was his first experience in the octagon. Also this was a first fight where he was aloud to use elbows. So it was a new experience. I think Akiyama's next fight is the one to look at if you want to see what he is capable of.

Wandi and Sexyama? It would be an awesome fight.

This fight would be hard as well which is why it would be a good fight. I think this fight would go decision Akiyama.

How about Akiyama and Bisping? That would be a good fight to.

Bisping impressed me with his fight against Kang. Yet I think his chin isn't strong enough to take Akiyama's punching power. This is a difficult fight to analyze due their style. Bisping is more of a run and punch type of fighter. Akiyama is more Judo, and takedown fighter, with good hitting power. I would give this fight to Akiyama but a close one due to his power and his chin. To me Akiyama in a way reminds me of Hendo because both of these fighters can take a pounding and still get up for more.

Archived